Champion

Default New "improved" DPS specs are still 100-200 dps behind nerfed SC

Title says it all.

Tested...

51 Warlock
    38/28 Warlock/Necro
    33/33 Pyro/Ele
    51/10/5 Pyro/Warlock/Archon

All of them fall quite far behind BS/AB Stormcaller rotation in single-target.

And SC is still a good 200-300 DPS behind the top Warrior and Rogue parses (not sure what Clerics are parsing on PTS).

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Shadowlander

I'd like to see the actual parses. I don't intend to imply you're making that statement up, but making the base of your conclusion public will aid your point. And make for a way better fundation of a discussion.

Sez

The parses you included totally back up your rational and in-no way exaggerated claim.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    The parses you included totally back up your rational and in-no way exaggerated claim.
    From what I've seen, a 300 gap is being generous when comparing pure warlock to sc/ele. The gap is much higher.

Parses would be nice though.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    People attach way too much emphasis on the actual numbers. If I was saying "Pyro pulls 1200 dps" then I should provide a parse. I'm simply comparing what I'm doing with the builds and what the builds are doing. I'm not exactly sure what my motive would be to lie about it.

And I'm not exactly sure how you think I"m exaggerating in any way. I didn't even post some asburd number.

I'll provide parses later tonight if I get a chance, I simply jumped on the PTS to check on the builds for myself and thought I would share what I found for my own DPS.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 06-17-2011 at 04:30 PM.

This is 100% Correct... Thank god too. **** Necro/Lock DoTs are for ****'s amirite?

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    People attach way too much emphasis on the actual numbers.
    I totally agree.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

If you're testing all by yourself Pyro/Ele will fall far behind SC/Ele, however when you have an Archon in your group, all he has to do is have BP up, you will find they are pretty much tied. You can't cast Inferno on the boss, but it adds a nice chunk of DPS, hoping we get enough feedback to remove it from the GCD again. Pyro/Ele benefits a lot more from BP than SC/Ele does, even if the SC/Ele is using BS/AB rotations.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    If you're testing all by yourself Pyro/Ele will fall far behind SC/Ele, however when you have an Archon in your group, all he has to do is have BP up, you will find they are pretty much tied. You can't cast Inferno on the boss, but it adds a nice chunk of DPS, hoping we get enough feedback to remove it from the GCD again. Pyro/Ele benefits a lot more from BP than SC/Ele does, even if the SC/Ele is using BS/AB rotations.
    I don't think the numbers are close enough that a small boost to cast speed will push it over. We'll see, but from my tests it seemed too far away.

Ascendant

100-200 difference is acceptable. You'll be able to play the style that you enjoy. If 51 Warlock beat out SC/Ele, half of you would flock over to it.

It doesn't matter what pyro does on the test dummy. If you're raiding with an immobile, ST spec, you're going to fail in almost all of the encounters.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    100-200 difference is acceptable. You'll be able to play the style that you enjoy. If 51 Warlock beat out SC/Ele, half of you would flock over to it.
    What's wrong with wanting to play the top DPS spec? I personally don't care whether pushing my #2 key causes a Void Bolt or a Fireball to come out of my staff. I play the game to progress and succeed. That's what is fun for me, personally.

And I don't think the 100-200 difference is acceptable since our SC DPS itself is not acceptable compared to the other DPS callings. There's no reason we shouldn't be comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Verodio View Post
    It doesn't matter what pyro does on the test dummy. If you're raiding with an immobile, ST spec, you're going to fail in almost all of the encounters.
    SC is barely more mobile than Pyro. The main DPS spells for SC are all casted: AB, LS, RS, and hell you have to cast to keep Electrify up. If you want mobile then go with Necro/Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    SC is barely more mobile than Pyro. The main DPS spells for SC are all casted: AB, LS, RS, and hell you have to cast to keep Electrify up. If you want mobile then go with Necro/Lock.
    I cant agree with that. Large stretches of the SC rotation consist of instant casts. Whereas the main nuke of pyro is a slow 2.0 s nuke, and then there's the whole silly ground of power business.

SC can function without AB and LS in a pinch and put more of the load on FL (or cloudburst post patch) with only an occasional cast to refresh electrify. It'll drop you dps, but it won't neuter it. You can still pull up to 3/4 of your max dps in this fashion, as a matter of fact.

Whereas pyro's instants are crap and any kind of movement that takes you away from fireball or ground of power is dropping your dps to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    I cant agree with that. Large stretches of the SC rotation consist of instant casts. Whereas the main nuke of pyro is a slow 2.0 s nuke, and then there's the whole silly ground of power business.

SC can function without AB and LS in a pinch and put more of the load on FL (or cloudburst post patch) with only an occasional cast to refresh electrify. It'll drop you dps, but it won't neuter it. You can still pull up to 3/4 of your max dps in this fashion, as a matter of fact.

Whereas pyro's instants are crap and any kind of movement that takes you away from fireball or ground of power is dropping your dps to the floor.
    That's exactly right.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast