+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wait a second, DOT increase? Not exactly.

Plane Walker

Default Wait a second, DOT increase? Not exactly.

You say you buffed dot damage but in reality you just nerfed every NON death dot damage that a mage running loc/whatever by a minimum of 7%(14 points) to 18%(30 points) the actual value will be higher with higher investment of lock. You qualified that the bonus increase of 1.5% per point in lock would ONLY increase DEATH dot damge. Meaning that ANY other mixture of lock/whatever got a big DECREASE in the dot damage that Nedra's influence is currently giving them on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmalen View Post
    You say you buffed dot damage but in reality you just nerfed every NON death dot damage that a mage running loc/whatever by a minimum of 7%(14 points) to 18%(30 points) the actual value will be higher with higher investment of lock. You qualified that the bonus increase of 1.5% per point in lock would ONLY increase DEATH dot damge. Meaning that ANY other mixture of lock/whatever got a big DECREASE in the dot damage that Nedra's influence is currently giving them on live.
    You mean the other DoTs we use on live like....

Searing Vitality and Ignite? Lol..
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    You mean the other DoTs we use on live like....

Searing Vitality and Ignite? Lol..
    Did NI ever effect WV? Because I can see a possible rotation using withing vines for natural awareness before casting other dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Did NI ever effect WV? Because I can see a possible rotation using withing vines for natural awareness before casting other dots.
    Some people are saying yes, some say it's always only affected death dots and it's just a tooltip fix. I don't know but I know it's not the end of the world
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Rift Disciple

Big increase or decrease percentage wise really means nothing in the game world. When all your dots do under 200 damage what is this doom and gloom about 7-18% which really means 10-20 points of damage per tick?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    Some people are saying yes, some say it's always only affected death dots and it's just a tooltip fix. I don't know but I know it's not the end of the world
    Wrong, it is always "The end of the world" and "grounds to unsub". Welcome to the mage forum, please leave your "I can adapt to this change" attitude at the door.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Wrong, it is always "The end of the world" and "grounds to unsub". Welcome to the mage forum, please leave your "I can adapt to this change" attitude at the door.
    I am a rogue, and I find this humorous.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I am a rogue, and I find this humorous.
    Security!!1one
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Plane Walker

Kind of like how Opportunity doesn't do much for casters that have 1.5 second spells to cast...amirite?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrina View Post
    Big increase or decrease percentage wise really means nothing in the game world. When all your dots do under 200 damage what is this doom and gloom about 7-18% which really means 10-20 points of damage per tick?
    10-20 per tic base damage translates into much more damage over time with other factors such as crit.
    Last edited by Tarmalen; 06-17-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

oh yeah wohoo 30 damage with crits.

Rift Chaser

What we have here is a failure to understand the term DOT.

Plane Walker

More like 20-60 per tic PER dot without factoring in ET, with ET that is 26-78. With three NON death DOTS, that comes out to 78-232 damage PER tic. Then again some people don't understand how just a few points of dps translates into a larger number when factoring in skils and bonuses.
    Last edited by Tarmalen; 06-17-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmalen View Post
    More like 20-60 per tic PER dot without factoring in ET, with ET that is 26-78. With three NON death DOTS, that comes out to 78-232 damage PER tic. Then again some people don't understand how just a few points of dps translates into a larger number when factoring in skils and bonuses.
    As I've said before, it's a common mathematical error in most humans. To most people, 100 appears much larger than 2 * 2 * 5 * 5.

It's the same way people think that, in a high spell power build, you need more spell power and in a high crit build, you need more crit; when in reality, it's the opposite.

Rift Disciple

Look I dont care if you wanna try to use trigonometry on me to make yourself look smarter. The real issue is that our dots are terrible damage in the grand scheme of things and these small numbers no matter how many dots we use are bad because our base damage is bad and to effectively throw all our dots on a target make lock one of the most inconsistent dps by far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast