+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.3 DPS builds

Rift Disciple

Default 1.3 DPS builds

Hey guys, i don't have PTS installed but with the new lock changes I wonder how some builds will perform.

Namely the 51 lock build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Akqqek.x0c.x0b

And the Defile build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vqxo.xtczVuo0c

I used to get very decent results back in the day when we progressed on greenscale with the defile build but I guess that was mostly due to the encounter mechanics. After the big Mage buff and with more gear SC/ELE scaling was too good and pretty much buried every other spec in the ground (for DPS). If someone can do some testing and give parsers I will be really grateful

PS: the 51 lock spec might need some tweaking with the lower CD of the 51 pointer... but i don't know what will beat the 25% int bonus before the time you refresh your dots.

Until the new changes hit PTS, we just won't really know. Look to pyro/ele, pure pyro, necro lock, pure lock, and possibly pure necro for possibilities.

More to come on this, with parses.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-16-2011 at 06:39 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

Well I will gladly see what ideas people have for those builds. I guess we will have a lot more to talk about when the patch hits the PTS but I really cant wait

I'm looking at a Necro/Lock heavier necro build. The extra 1%/Pt to pet damage is huge. Pets scale so well in raids as is.. I can't wait to test this
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    I'm looking at a Necro/Lock heavier necro build. The extra 1%/Pt to pet damage is huge. Pets scale so well in raids as is.. I can't wait to test this
    I get the feeling that a pure spec necro or deep spec at least is going to see it's pet hitting like a dump truck. I'm pretty excited about that honestly. Be interesting to see if the hybrid necro lock's new death/dot damage increases will outpace the increased pet damage on the pure spec. Can't wait to see the results on that.

I just wish they would have given elementalist a bit of attention. If these necro lock changes make necro pets too good, elementalists are going to be demanding similiar attention, and rightfully so.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-16-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I get the feeling that a pure spec necro or deep spec at least is going to see it's pet hitting like a dump truck. I'm pretty excited about that honestly. Be interesting to see if the hybrid necro lock's new death/dot damage increases will outpace the increased pet damage on the pure spec. Can't wait to see the results on that.

I just wish they would have given elementalist a bit of attention. If these necro lock changes make necro pets too good, elementalists are going to be demanding similiar attention, and rightfully so.
    Only way to help Ele w/o sending Hybrids overboard is to put a cleric type scaling effect in place for CM/Pet (say an additional 2% for every point spend over 36 in Ele)

see a 51 Ele w/CM hitting 30% harder and his pet doing an extra 46% dmg over a 32 pt hybrid and you're onto something
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Rift Disciple

And now the lock greater planner essence might be quite nice... though I spent all my soulstones for lessers for the new focus

+ Reply to Thread