+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dots

Shadowlander

Default Dots

Increase the damage of DoT damage . Am I the only one here that enjoys to play necro/lock ? I havent read about this beeing addressed and i'd like to hear people thoughts... Having my Dots ticking for 90-150 i think is ridiculous .... ( P6 mage talking)

Thank You ...

Quote Originally Posted by nikpower19 View Post
    Increase the damage of DoT damage . Am I the only one here that enjoys to play necro/lock ? I havent read about this beeing addressed and i'd like to hear people thoughts... Having my Dots ticking for 90-150 i think is ridiculous .... ( P6 mage talking)

Thank You ...
    Yeah, I find it amusing that my t2/t3 geared mages dots tick for ~100 damage, and so do my lvl 41 clerics vex ticks.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    Yeah, I find it amusing that my t2/t3 geared mages dots tick for ~100 damage, and so do my lvl 41 clerics vex ticks.
    exactly my point ! .... not to mention that we have to use 4 gbcds just to put them up ...

I'd love to play a necro or a lock or a pyro or a dom.
    Problem is, they all suck something awful for PvE/Raids.
    --
    Cheers.
    Aeol

I love my dots as well. Those reaver dots + plauge bringer and void knight (mana drains are fun too) would be the only reason I would ever roll a warior. The concept of warriors do not appeal to me. Even though Inquisitor has only 2 dots they have a lot of talents that make them more powerful. However warlock gives up power for survivability and that can be where the dots shine to an extent. Void bolt also does some good damage in between refreshes. Would have liked a more dot oriented soul for dealing damage.

Soulwalker

Necro/Lock does not suck at PvE or Raids. That is just ridiculous. Sc/Ele Does more AOE and Single Target then necro/lock...yes. It is easier to play then Necro/Lock...yes.

Would adding to DOT damage help the class be better. Duh! What spec would not want more damage. The reason so many people gripe about necro/lock is that few of them can actually play it correctly, or use effective rotations, which are more difficult to do then SC/Ele.

I for one would like to see an increase in damage so as to make them more viable, more of the time. However, during certain bosses I still use necro/lock in raids but mages are unlikely to be out DPS'ing, rogues or tanks anytime soon.

Well....maybe we can out DPS tanks after the next patch. But not rogues.

I'm all for improved Dot Damage!

They should have a 31 point Warlock talent that decreases the GCD on Dots or instant spells. This would improve the application process of multi -dotting in pve and pvp.

=p

Quote Originally Posted by aeol View Post
    I'd love to play a necro or a lock or a pyro or a dom.
    Problem is, they all suck something awful for PvE/Raids.
    +1
    moar dots!!!!

Soulwalker

I agree.
    Personally, I love playing DOT characters. I also agree that their rotation can sometimes be a difficult one to master, and they do need quite a bit of attention to use them in the most efficient way.
    Especially now, with the cookie-cutter Sc-Ele build, I feel kind of forced to play that one. Don't get me wrong, everyone can and may play the build they like most. I remember something being said, by Trion, about there being a lot of builds for each class, so it ain't such a big deal if there are bad ones among them. I just really hope that the DOT's get a bit tuned up so they are more viable in T2 and Raids.
    I still use the NecroLock spec in instances, but find the gap between the damage output a bit too big.
    Would like to see a bit of changes on this matter in the future.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    Came expecting this post... wasn't disappointed. For the record, I have 50s in every calling except warrior, there is no bias here people.

If you actually thought about this you'd consider a few things before you start the QQ.

1. Mage DoTs tick faster.
    2. Mage DoTs often have secondary effects (heal, add stats, multiply themselves if target is healed, can be spread by other spells etc)
    3. Mage DoTs don't require large point investments to get to their damage potential.
    4. Mages actually have large nukes to cast when they aren't casting DoTs.
    5. The best DoTs are mage DoTs (Soul Purge is a DoT that heals).

And when you add it up, mage DoTs provide more DPS than cleric ones. If you look closely, you'll see that Vex and Sanction Heretic get massive boosts from passives and talents in the Inquisitor tree... and they still can't compete with mage DoTs. I'd be careful what you're getting envious about.

EDIT: I do think that DoTs of both callings (mages and clerics) need boosting. I think that people trying to get that boost by whinging about another class need to be taken out and shot (figuratively). Your arguement should be that DoTs are not a viable method of causing damage and that you'd like to see the passive in warlock boosted. It should NOT be 'QQ Inquisitor DoTs QQ'.
    Last edited by Paikis; 06-15-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Shadowlander

Warlock
    Increased damage of Defile.
    Reduced Charge consumption of Empowered Darkness and reduced the cooldown to 30 seconds.
    Neddra’s Influence now increases the damage dealt by your Death damage over time spells by 5/10/15%, plus an additional 0.5/1/1.5% for each point spent in the Warlock soul.

Lets hope that the increase of damage will be enough. .

Thank you Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by nikpower19 View Post
    Warlock
    Increased damage of Defile.
    Reduced Charge consumption of Empowered Darkness and reduced the cooldown to 30 seconds.
    Neddra’s Influence now increases the damage dealt by your Death damage over time spells by 5/10/15%, plus an additional 0.5/1/1.5% for each point spent in the Warlock soul.

Lets hope that the increase of damage will be enough. .

Thank you Trion.
    ^^ That's a great start! Can't wait for this as I love playing my Lock but feel that the current DoT's are pretty sad.

+ Reply to Thread