+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fix pyros they are even more powerful then bright wizards.

Default Fix pyros they are even more powerful then bright wizards.

I have a mage that I recently started pvping with. The pyromancer soul is completely overpowered compared to every other soul in the game. I was level 20 and out damaged everyone in the codex times 2. I out KBed everyone in the warfronts by like 2000%. At level 20 I had 27 killing blows and double the damage of the entire warfront. This is completely ridiculous. Nerf Pyros.

Oh and also I was using one button to do all my attacks. Why do mmorpg developers have an affinity for making fire mages completely overpowered?

You were probably more experienced than most players at that level, most are probably running a leveling spec or a nooby spec if they have just started out. Get to level 50, see how easily you get killed without a bit of valor, see how much less damage you do on valor and see how much damage and killing blows warriors and marksmen are putting out.

I therefor don't see your point.

Telaran

lol @ lvl 20 warfronts
    qq more plz

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    Oh and also I was using one button to do all my attacks. Why do mmorpg developers have an affinity for making fire mages completely overpowered?
    dont melee clerics use 1 button too?
    and warriors 2?

Plane Walker

OP is just too imba, nerf him please, on whichever soul he plays! Thank you.

P.D.: Pyro is getting nerfed, so shush, btw my rogue 1x can prolly roll over you 10 times before you could kill me.

Rift Disciple

I've hit level 50 on my mage 2 weeks ago (I already have a P3 warrior and a almost -200k/225k- P5 rogue on the same shard) and is now P2.

He's T1 geared (+ a T2 staff), some blue jewels. the mage only has P1 gloves, belt and boots for pvp, to add some Valor.

While I agree that I can destroy basically anything that isn't P6, I also get smashed pretty hard by absolutely everyone too. MM (and rogues in general) are destroying me, the same goes for warriors (well not all of them).

But if I compare with my warrior, there is a huge difference. While I don't do very well as an ungeared melee, with a pyro I can be pretty efficient, even with that low gear.

Here is an example : http://s3.noelshack.com/upload/20141...er_on_fire.jpg

I almost never PvPed with my mage before that was still wearing blues mainly beside chest and helm (crafted ones), and almost didn't AoE the bridge once during this specific game.
    I know that those numbers don't really matter and all, but I never reached anything close to that on my warrior wearing P2/3 pvp armor, and barely on my rogue (even if it's easier if you're playing mm or assassin depending on the map).

All of that to say that I think pyros are really efficient, but he also requires a lot of attention to avoid being destroyed in a blink of an eye. A real glass canon !

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblabe View Post
    I've hit level 50 on my mage 2 weeks ago (I already have a P3 warrior and a almost -200k/225k- P5 rogue on the same shard) and is now P2.

He's T1 geared (+ a T2 staff), some blue jewels. the mage only has P1 gloves, belt and boots for pvp, to add some Valor.

While I agree that I can destroy basically anything that isn't P6, I also get smashed pretty hard by absolutely everyone too. MM (and rogues in general) are destroying me, the same goes for warriors (well not all of them).

But if I compare with my warrior, there is a huge difference. While I don't do very well as an ungeared melee, with a pyro I can be pretty efficient, even with that low gear.

Here is an example : http://s3.noelshack.com/upload/20141...er_on_fire.jpg

I almost never PvPed with my mage before that was still wearing blues mainly beside chest and helm (crafted ones), and almost didn't AoE the bridge once during this specific game.
    I know that those numbers don't really matter and all, but I never reached anything close to that on my warrior wearing P2/3 pvp armor, and barely on my rogue (even if it's easier if you're playing mm or assassin depending on the map).

All of that to say that I think pyros are really efficient, but he also requires a lot of attention to avoid being destroyed in a blink of an eye. A real glass canon !
    I like how a Cleric who died 15 times managed to obtain over 700k Damage done O.O and the damage taken as well, talk about being Focus Fired.

Overall good post. As much as people complain about MM's they are more of a glass cannon than Pyros.
    I think the main issue before 1.2 was whether Pyros was a typical damage dealer or a glass cannon.
    They had the luxury of being a Cannon for that duration. Altho now they are more glass cannonie than anything a lot of players don't like that and have been encouraged to experiment with new classes, some of which aim for FotM.

I, as a rogue, am for Pyros being buffed in PvE but i am not for them recieving more damage in PvP while already being bursty as it is, unless it encourages them to use different rotations than Fireball City.

If anything its pretty lame on Trions part for making players who love to play with fire do 50 levels just to spend hours of warfront time using 1 move because nothing else in that soul tree is considered useful.
    Last edited by iMohr; 06-15-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    The pyromancer soul is completely overpowered compared to every other soul in the game.
    Alright man.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1...0614002157.jpg

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DKay View Post
    that is insane ><

Telaran

Nerf his pocket healer!

No crap, thats not an OP Pyro that's an OP Pocket healer. 300k healing recieved yo
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Soulwalker

I think Pyro's get a bad rap in PvP. Sure they have insane damage on single targets but they are bound by cast times and very few instants. Makes them fodder for Rogues and Warr.

Now take a warmancer. I jump circles around rogues and warr while I get my DOT's up making them get the "must face target" message so much I bet they puke. Once my dots are up i stun them then slap a fear on them for the void bolt/draining bolt combo. Finished it with a chase you across the map soul purge and its pretty much GG 99.9 percent of the time.

I find warmancer to be the only spec that can reliably destroy even the best healers just for the fact of stuns chokes and fears when all timed correctly. Warlock has so many tools it honestly makes pyro look like a garbage spec.

But the OP wouldnt know that because he is probaly an idiot (no offense most mage rerolls are). So keep spamming fireball sucker.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    No crap, thats not an OP Pyro that's an OP Pocket healer. 300k healing recieved yo
    He isnt pyro bud..he is a stormcaller..big whoop on those numbers.

Plane Walker

Lol... I must say that you guys love to farm each other, and that guardians had barely any clerics. 400+ kills in one port with losing side scoring 150 kills?

And if that's a bragging post it is kinda moot, 375k dmg taken, and 1 mill+ dmg just means your targets were quite clueless (lemmings), ideal for SCer that for sure xD

Yesterday we had one funny port, similar scores, won with 130ish kills. Top dmg done, almost 1 mill, guardian (lost side) SCer, 2nd dmg done, 500k defiant (winning side), both had same KBs. That SCer end up spamming HS standing at their spawn point, as they couldn't get out of there, we had some good clerics.

But all that aside, I am envy that you guys can find such devoted guardians to feed favor... I really wanna have some port with 6k favor won, that's damn nice!
    Last edited by noche; 06-15-2011 at 03:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast