+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro greater planar essences?

Shadowlander

Default Chloro greater planar essences?

I've been playing for a little over a week now, level 36 with 34 chloro/14 lock spec. I finally managed to get enough Planarite to buy a Flawless Source Machine, and I was curious about what I should do for the Greater slots.

Are the Greaters with 'Healing spells have a chance to heal for X health over 8 seconds' any good, and do two different ones stack? Or perhaps would I be better off with a different greater, or even just regular stat lessers?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Einzbern View Post
    I've been playing for a little over a week now, level 36 with 34 chloro/14 lock spec. I finally managed to get enough Planarite to buy a Flawless Source Machine, and I was curious about what I should do for the Greater slots.

Are the Greaters with 'Healing spells have a chance to heal for X health over 8 seconds' any good, and do two different ones stack? Or perhaps would I be better off with a different greater, or even just regular stat lessers?
    the ones wich procs hots works perfectly
    the one wich proc a shield some time ago didnt work on lgv procs, I dont know it this has been fixed.
    the one wich proc "+spellpower on the target of your heals" or similar works only with bloom/flourish, not worth it.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    the ones wich procs hots works perfectly
    It sucks though.
    the one wich proc a shield some time ago didnt work on lgv procs, I dont know it this has been fixed.
    It works
    the one wich proc "+spellpower on the target of your heals" or similar works only with bloom/flourish, not worth it.
    Unfortunately, there are only a couple of greater essences worth getting. One of them however, has a low drop chance and you're not the only one that'll want it

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    It sucks though.
    So what do you suggest? REplacing them with raid rift lesser essences. I did parse my healing and crystal vine accounted for 2% of my healing which was around 28k over 30min of actual combat in the instance. I couldn't see how an increase in 30SP (new 1.3 essences instead of cyrstal vine) could net me 28k extra healing. But I could be wrong. So please elaborate on your opinion, please

Unfortunately, there are only a couple of greater essences worth getting. One of them however, has a low drop chance and you're not the only one that'll want it
    Which one do you suggest then? Necrotic rage?

Shadowlander

Do they stack though? Like could I grab the level 20 epic one and level 30 epic one, and will they both have a chance to proc? Would it even be worth it to stack them?

Quote Originally Posted by Einzbern View Post
    Do they stack though? Like could I grab the level 20 epic one and level 30 epic one, and will they both have a chance to proc? Would it even be worth it to stack them?
    First off, you should be saving all your planarite for your sigil of five and other random things you will need at lvl 50.

When you get to 50, your best bet is to fill your sigil with purple lessers from raid rifts, until you find a greater that you really like.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Been running the HoT + Sheild essences. Seems to work fine.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Champion of Telara

There are no good Greaters for dps I am aware of.

For healing, I use Crystal Vine and Frozen Tear. Both work pretty well and proc off LGV. Both can be bought from a Vendor.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-15-2011 at 05:59 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Yes two different heal X over Y seconds will stack. Got my sigil of the five at level 35 and tried it out. Mind you this was on my cleric so it boosted my survivability considerably in my dps/solo/support role considering I have points in justicar so I have salvation(spell name?). Probably would be OP in warfronts esspecialy with enough vex's running. Both can be up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Turrant View Post
    Yes two different heal X over Y seconds will stack. Got my sigil of the five at level 35 and tried it out. Mind you this was on my cleric so it boosted my survivability considerably in my dps/solo/support role considering I have points in justicar so I have salvation(spell name?). Probably would be OP in warfronts esspecialy with enough vex's running. Both can be up at the same time.
    It is immensely OP till one person puts a DoT on you, then it pretty much evens out.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ascendant

I'm using necrotic rage and tsunami tidesource currently. I'd love to replace tsunami. You'll have to pry my necrotic rage from my cold dead hands, though.

Actually I thought it would be OP since it would almost garrente that the greaters would be up all the time. I was ganked when AoEing a coulpe mobs and a rare on a pve server, foolishly opened with assasinate insread of a stun and only ever needed to cast one actual healing spell.

Soulwalker

Default Greaters vs Lessers

Chloros are at a disadvantage Greater Essence-wise as all the healing proc Greaters (Veiled Shadesource, Flood Tidesource, Crystal Vine) are reliant upon pure heals only. Atm, these aren't worth using as 90% of a Chloro's heals are damage based and will not proc these. This may change with 1.3.
    DPS-wise, there are a few options:
    Something like Combusted Flamesource grants an instant fire damage DoT for 8 seconds. There are several versions of this type of Greater, with different elements as their base. They are pure DPS though, and do nothing to aid your heals as a Chloro.
    Tsunami Tidesource grants 25 SP for 20 seconds. Proc's frequently. More SP+bigger damage= bigger heals. If you have to do a Greater, this is likely the way to go, as Mages are SP reliant.
    Metamorphic Stonesource grants 28 Spell Crit for 20 seconds. Proc's frequently. More Crit=bigger hits= bigger heals.
    Lifetouched Soulstone grants an add'l 32 damage to Vile Spores for 16 seconds if Radiant Spores is acitve. More life damage=more heals, but being reliant upon Radiant Spores can be taxing if you don't constantly cast it.

Overall, none of the Greaters are reliable to proc when you really need the extra damage or extra heals. Your best bet is to fill your Source Engine with Lessers with good stats. For Mages, DPS or heals, SP is the way to go. There are stones available on the Rare Planar Dealers at lower levels or at 50, inscribed sourcestones buy you purples as well as Raid Rift drops.
    Last edited by prplflwr20; 06-15-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by prplflwr20 View Post
    Chloros are at a disadvantage Greater Essence-wise as all the healing proc Greaters (Veiled Shadesource, Flood Tidesource, Crystal Vine) are reliant upon pure heals only. .
    I am not sure about the others, but Crystal Vine procs off LGV
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prplflwr20 View Post
    Chloros are at a disadvantage Greater Essence-wise as all the healing proc Greaters (Veiled Shadesource, Flood Tidesource, Crystal Vine) are reliant upon pure heals only. Atm, these aren't worth using as 90% of a Chloro's heals are damage based and will not proc these. This may change with 1.3.
    DPS-wise, there are a few options:
    Something like Combusted Flamesource grants an instant fire damage DoT for 8 seconds. There are several versions of this type of Greater, with different elements as their base. They are pure DPS though, and do nothing to aid your heals as a Chloro.
    Tsunami Tidesource grants 25 SP for 20 seconds. Proc's frequently. More SP+bigger damage= bigger heals. If you have to do a Greater, this is likely the way to go, as Mages are SP reliant.
    Metamorphic Stonesource grants 28 Spell Crit for 20 seconds. Proc's frequently. More Crit=bigger hits= bigger heals.
    Lifetouched Soulstone grants an add'l 32 damage to Vile Spores for 16 seconds if Radiant Spores is acitve. More life damage=more heals, but being reliant upon Radiant Spores can be taxing if you don't constantly cast it.

Overall, none of the Greaters are reliable to proc when you really need the extra damage or extra heals. Your best bet is to fill your Source Engine with Lessers with good stats. For Mages, DPS or heals, SP is the way to go. There are stones available on the Rare Planar Dealers at lower levels or at 50, inscribed sourcestones buy you purples as well as Raid Rift drops.
    Your information is just plain incorrect. I have Crystal Vine and Sparkling Extraplanar Gem in my Focus and the Spirit Wolf Totem for a trinket and with solely LGV heals one of them is almost always ticking away on someone. Good for MH, great for support heals as you can DPS with non-chloro spells and have a 2 point LGV heal proc a HoT that ticks for 120-190.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast