+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't understand the nerfs

Soulwalker

Default Don't understand the nerfs

I don't get the reworking of mages in 1.3. Did people really think we're that overpowered? Valor buff will remove the usefulness of pyro burst, welcome the age of unkillable clerics. Storm caller aoe is getting nerfed. Chloro got nerfed in a big way but gave us a shiny big heal at the 51 pt to distract us.

I don't get it, why the avalanche of **** on the mage class? We already get killed remarkably fast if we're not in ground of strength, which we won't be in anymore cause pyro burst is getting hit hard in pvp and is useless in pve (where you would be in gop anyway).

It feels as though the cannon part is getting removed from the glass cannon.
    Avienda bringer of pretty lights

aux

They're just encouraging you to play their shiny new Dominator. They're so proud of it.
    I'm so BORED

Other than losing the Synthesis heal from LGV what is different about the PVP Chloro build?

Highlights:

LGV is non-dispellable.
    Bloom/Flourish now always instant even when debuffed.
    Healing with life nukes up to 110% from 80% of damage dealt.

NT hits for less.

I'll still run my 33C/33W/0 archon spec after patch hits when there are no/light heals present... beats exploding 1 and then getting dead as a pyro, while lacking heals.

If I'm asked to heal a dungeon, I'll likely decline, and DPS instead, as SC is still hands down best AE dps in the game.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Other than losing the Synthesis heal from LGV what is different about the PVP Chloro build?

If I'm asked to heal a dungeon, I'll likely decline, and DPS instead, as SC is still hands down best AE dps in the game.
    Sabos are giving us a serious run for our money on live, and I'm not at all confident we can count on top AOE dps post patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Sabos are giving us a serious run for our money on live, and I'm not at all confident we can count on top AOE dps post patch.
    Hi,

Sabos on live are using Deadly Dance to double damage on 7 more charges than they will be next patch, just a heads up.

Current AE rotation on Live Sab. (assuming tank wants to wait 5 seconds for pre-deployed charges)

T-6 to T-1: Shrapnel Charge on middle target.
    T 0: Deadly Strike (to get the deadly dance buff: 105% more damage to next 3 combo building abilities)
    T 1: Puncture, or other point gainer.
    T 2: Detonate.
    T 3 to T 7: Shrapnel Charge on middle target.
    T 8: Detonate.
    T 9 to T 13: Shrapnel Charge on middle target.
    T 14: Deadly Strike
    T 15: (See T 1)

Same spec on test.
    T-6 to T-1: Shrapnel Charge on middle target.
    T 0: Deadly Strike (to get the deadly dance buff: 105% more damage to next 3 combo building abilities)
    T 1: Puncture, or other point gainer.
    T 2: Detonate. (2 of 5 charges get 105% bonus)
    T 3: (See T-6)
    Last edited by Hethroin; 06-14-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread