+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 chloro builds

Champion

Default 1.3 chloro builds

so i downloaded PTS to test some stuff out and then when i went to log in again after creating a toon, it seems it wants me to redownload PTS again, not gonna happen.

sooo i was contemplating some 1.3 builds with main healing as a focus, not really support aoe heals.

51 is not mandatory so where to spend our 15 left over points.

i was thinking 15 warlock/0 archon affinity/opportunity/vitality this would give you retarted amounts of HP so essence surge would heal for a ton and theres no healing debuff anymore.

or 10 dom for acumen's 10% int, spell reflect, deny wich is great for cleansing and CDs been reduced to 10 sec, mana wrench, and a targetable memory wipe (threat redux) and then 5 points in elementalist for 5% crit and some free armor.
    Last edited by Shieldy; 06-12-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

I'm leaning towards a dom/ele build, myself. Spell reflect in particular is sexy. (And this baby got me my new staff on Uruluuk.)

Opportunity isn't going to be quite as important now with NH. No flight time for that. Lock is still a good choice in the alternative, granted.

Champion

i meant to say that 51 chloro is now mandatory in the OP.

im leaning towards dom/ele myself.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

I would go with Dom Ele, just because you get 10% more intellect, and thus more health with raised in nature, more spellpower, and more crit.

The only thing to cosider is if 5% crit > 25% more charge.

I think it depends mainly on your how much crit you have, since crit has diminishing returns, however, 19% more damage (and thus heals) would have a higher uptime during a boss fight with magical affinity.

I think normal dungeon and T1 geared people will favor the crit, but once you start raiding and get T2 RT1 gear, magical affinity will become more and more of a dps/healing boost.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Thing is, chloro is surprisingly efficient in both generating and using charge even without spending any points in lock. Entropic veil imo is our most efficient charge toggle in the game. (Weird, but there you go. It makes me wonder if there are dps builds out there which could take advantage of this somehow. All other charge dumps seem to eat charge more quickly. Pyro's is notorious in this regard.)

Telaran

The 10% intellect don't stack or synergize with +25% int short term buff or even the 21% int --> endu talent.

No Talent : 516 Int --> 645 Int (+129)
    10% Int: 567 Int --> 696 Int (+129)
    10% Int + Archon buff 607 Int --> 736 Int (+129)

The +129 are 25% of 516 Int, so not even permanent talentet Int points get calculated into the 25% buff or even Raised in Nature

So they are borderline useless since you waste alot of the leftoverpoints to get the 10% int buff.

I am torn between Warlock for 10% hp, charge and insta cast and archon for manaregen via dot and self buffs.

Comes down to a bit more Enthropic Veil uptime + instacast vs carefree manaregen + selfbuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldy View Post
    so i downloaded PTS to test some stuff out and then when i went to log in again after creating a toon, it seems it wants me to redownload PTS again, not gonna happen.

sooo i was contemplating some 1.3 builds with main healing as a focus, not really support aoe heals.

51 is not mandatory so where to spend our 15 left over points.

i was thinking 15 warlock/0 archon affinity/opportunity/vitality this would give you retarted amounts of HP so essence surge would heal for a ton and theres no healing debuff anymore.

or 10 dom for acumen's 10% int, spell reflect, deny wich is great for cleansing and CDs been reduced to 10 sec, mana wrench, and a targetable memory wipe (threat redux) and then 5 points in elementalist for 5% crit and some free armor.
    Deny is rarely ever required. Most bosses and events put one single debuff on someone and there are very few instances that a stacking debuff needs to be taken off someone unless your group/raid was goofing off to hard. Dominator in this is overall just about the +10% INT. Which in T1 raid gear is roughly ~+65INT. 65 INT turns out to be roughly 2.6% crit chance. So 10dom/5ele adds in 7.6% crit chance. While Warlocks claim to fame is mostly Opportunity.
    Yes Entrophic Veil lasts the longest of all +X% charge-consumption skills. It lasts around 17~18 seconds at full charge compared to most skills 10~12 seconds.

I would personally side with 15 in lock purely because the +10% HP means you are more than secure in how much HP you have in raid-damage situations. Opportunity works nicely on skills that require 2.5 seconds to cast (Natural Healing and Natures touch) and the charge gain means you can maintain Entrophic Veil up for more over the entire fight. Optionally you can do the +15% dot damage which wouldn't apply very much. For tank healing basically not much can get better than Opportunity for time management <_<

The +10% INT is only on base INT, and Natural Awareness uses base INT. So overall the increase when both are up is +35%, not 500 INT + 10% = 550 + 25%.
    This is why mostly I think 0Archon and 15 lock is probably going to be one of the better ones.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-12-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I'll probably be going 51chloro/15lock/0archon - you only really gain ~2.5% crit from ele since you won't be getting the extra INT (and every other stat) from Archon.

Toying around with a 51chloro/15dom/0archon build, too. You'd be able to proc .5 sec off your next cast if you had to (with Thunder Blast), and you'd get Arresting Presence, Reflective Command, Deny and Improved Mana Wrench for regen. I'd still go for Archon over Ele because I value those extra stats far more than the crit.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

The int is just gravy, actually. The main draw is spell reflect, which btw works on bosses.

An amazing spell: prevents tank damage, does lots of damage to the boss instead, and improves tank threat in the process!

Mind you, not every boss has a cast that can be reflected. But a lot of the tougher ones do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    I'll probably be going 51chloro/15lock/0archon - you only really gain ~2.5% crit from ele since you won't be getting the extra INT (and every other stat) from Archon.

Toying around with a 51chloro/15dom/0archon build, too. You'd be able to proc .5 sec off your next cast if you had to (with Thunder Blast), and you'd get Arresting Presence, Reflective Command, Deny and Improved Mana Wrench for regen. I'd still go for Archon over Ele because I value those extra stats far more than the crit.
    My problem with archon is that in a healing role it's kind of tough to squeeze in casts of pillaging stone, but from a pure stat point of view, you're right. Ele is easier and allows you to focus on the job at hand.

Champion

really just looking to see what 15 points in sub souls will get the most healing wise.

on live now no buffs with 51 points into chloro, 0 dom 0 archon i have 916 sp 602 crit, 442 int 22.82 % crit
    casting a life based spell gets me 971 sp 712 crit 552 int 27 % crit

going 10 dom would get me 10% int, wich is 938 sp 646 crit 486 int
    with natural awareness its 993 sp 756 crit 596 int. thats 28.6% crit adding another 5% from ele to that is 33.6%

adding in 0pt archon buffs gets me 50 end and 40 wisdom/int , 978sp 686 crit 526 int
    with NA 1033 sp 796 crit 636 int 30.18 crit. this is higher than my 34chlor/32 archon build, thats pretty good.

so 0 pt archon vs elemental 5% crit, you gain 3.42% crit at the expense of 40 spell power. im all bout spell power but numerically thats alot of crit rating to pass on. dont put points in ele though and youl free up 5 points in dom, problem is im not sure what to spend them on. mana wrech and charged shield?

warlock gets me opportunity wich is unreliable but effective at times and charge uptime for viel. both very hard things to measure. 0 archon gets me 40sp and about 2% crit. it does give me 6243 HP though, a 664 hp increase vs 15dom/0archon.

so all in all, i think from a sustained healing throughput 10 dom 5 ele would be the highest, however if you get lucky and get a string of opp procs, you could fire off an instant NT and the new 51pt heal. that would be pretty epic.
    Last edited by Shieldy; 06-12-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Telaran

For 5-mans, I'm considering 51 Chloro / 15 Archon. The Archon buffs and debuffs help everyone, talented Pillaging Stone adds a ton of Int + Wis, extra mana regen, a 1000 hit point shield, a double curse cleanse, and Power Drain for hard hitting bosses. All very nice group oriented skills and the build leaves your last tree free for zero point skills like squirrel or break free. For Raids, probably 51 / 5 Ele /10 Warlock for maximum heal output.

Quote Originally Posted by Luno View Post
    For 5-mans, I'm considering 51 Chloro / 15 Archon. The Archon buffs and debuffs help everyone, talented Pillaging Stone adds a ton of Int + Wis, extra mana regen, a 1000 hit point shield, a double curse cleanse, and Power Drain for hard hitting bosses. All very nice group oriented skills and the build leaves your last tree free for zero point skills like squirrel or break free. For Raids, probably 51 / 5 Ele /10 Warlock for maximum heal output.
    Hmm, you think 5 ele outweighs 0 pt archon + vitality in warlock?

Sure, 5 crit is large, but archon does add quite a bit of SP as well as crit, not to mention more mana and HP... combined with the hp gained from warlock, we'll be pretty beefy when it comes to raid damage etc.

Ascendant

9 dominator (8% int, spell reflect)
    6 warlock (charge, sac life)

or

15 warlock (charge, sac life, opportunity, hitpoint pool)
    0 archon (pillaging stone & searing vitality buffs)

you guys are forgetting the upper level chloro spells require charge. so charge is pretty much required. and I wouldn't want to heal without a mana regen ability.

Rift Chaser

Charge won't be a problem come 1.3, all the cholors will be doing is 51 point build and spamming the new ****ty heal, its constant and more hps than trying any combo of dps/nukes, especially after the dmg nerfs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast