+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1.3 chloro builds

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    See, this is where I think you are wrong. I think we are far more trapped with our spell selection on live. It's all NT/VS all the time, more or less. Whereas it will be much easier to insert other spells into the new tank rotation with less fear of falling behind on the tank.
    I actually disagree...

Think about it, most of your healing was from NT before, that means that taking out a VS of your rotation to insert another spell was a smaller loss in healing. Now, to use another spell, you have to replace NH, which heals for more then a 1.2 VS, which means a bigger loss in healing.

In general I knew NT would top off my tank to the point where I was normally safe to throw out something that wasn't VS right afterwards.

If numbers are more your thing, I took these from a thread on the PTS forum:

Live 3x/3x rotation
    NT 3859
    VS 1272
    VS 1272
    Total 6403

PTS 51 chloro rotation
    NT 2095
    NH 1937
    NH 1937
    Total 5969

Firstly, you already heal for less, secondly, replacing a VS is 1300 less healing, while replacing a NH is 1950 less healing.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 06-13-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Exactly. Before you can time a non-life spell or something to someone else right after a Natures Touch because you KNOW the tank should be at full from it. Good Chloros can keep the roller-coaster fairly in check and I have never had problems keeping away from that.

Edit: of course this varies heavily on not being a complete idiot. You know you dont break rotation when the tanks about the take burst or something important is happening. You cannot expect at any point to break from healing when healing at 100% effectiveness IS required. Raids especially multiply the time you can have to do something separate as not only is healed diluted across players, but so is duties you may provide.

Ever played ChloroArchon? yeah talk about time management there and yet people can easily do it now by learning whens the right time to do anything.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-13-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Rift Chaser

To Guaritor's post linking stats, the one thing that I found by healing the "new method" with NT and 2 direct heals, you will loseout on some "spash" dmg/healing which u get from LBV/LBG heal upto 5 people buff which can trigger also crystal vines greater lesser, so the amount of healing in a raid environment is really really lowered by far more signifcant value than the 400 or so u mentioned.

Also why has no Dev replied to any of these threads , think the ptr mage thread is 54 pages long, the warriors which is equally long has 2 replies so far, makes me wonder have they annoyed so many mages they dare not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dorfadin View Post
    To Guaritor's post linking stats, the one thing that I found by healing the "new method" with NT and 2 direct heals, you will loseout on some "spash" dmg/healing which u get from LBV/LBG heal upto 5 people buff which can trigger also crystal vines greater lesser, so the amount of healing in a raid environment is really really lowered by far more significant value than the 400 or so u mentioned.

Also why has no Dev replied to any of these threads , think the ptr mage thread is 54 pages long, the warriors which is equally long has 2 replies so far, makes me wonder have they annoyed so many mages they dare not reply.
    missing out on splash? Do you even know what you are talking about? The goal of LBV is not really to splash at all. The Chloro who is using LGV will cover your job by double what pathetic amounts you can do. I understand that yes you miss out on the splash, but this is the reason why we are concerned. Not only was our healing reduced, we dont even get to be Chloros. If you want to "tank heal and splash" those days are long gone. The total stats that Vile Spores and Ruin heals are a joke to the tank and significantly less than LGV will heal for. This, if anything ,is what we want to change.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrd View Post
    Which ones? Apparently I've been missing something.
    The last boss in the 10 man, Gilded Prophecy. One of the hardest bosses in the game. He casts a damage ability that can be reflected back, and will hit him for 30k damage. During the course of the fight, with as many times that he casts it, its well over 10% of his total hps.

Quote Originally Posted by fubaro1 View Post
    The last boss in the 10 man, Gilded Prophecy. One of the hardest bosses in the game. He casts a damage ability that can be reflected back, and will hit him for 30k damage. During the course of the fight, with as many times that he casts it, its well over 10% of his total hps.
    10% of his hp? Either your being silly or your dps is a little lackluster (in which case, hell yeah that fight would be hard).. But really, that's about the only boss it works on though.

@OP

Really only see 51/15 being the only viable raiding tank heals build. 36/30 lock or so might be reasonable for a raid heals, but I'd rather have a senticar or something instead at that point. Why they decided to change chloros when it was one of the few close to finished souls mages have is beyond me.
    Last edited by Calibix; 06-13-2011 at 11:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3