+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 chloro builds

Rift Disciple

51/15/0 Chloro/Warlock/Archon.

I'm not really sure why any other option is even up for discussion.

Side note: Reflective Command does not work on most bosses.

Actually: 10 in archon provides nearly infinte man with no down time because of Exhilaration. In 5 mans you can use the two auras you get to give some extra HP to the tank/raid and a bit of armor. It isn't required sure, but I do like having to start a battle at 10% mana, and without any GCDs using mana-return come out at 100%

I would think 15 in archon may not be a bad choice for:
    2 Auras
    +60 INT/WIS for the 2.4% crit that provides and 60SP
    +50 END (-22 if you use the end aura, so the bonus is only 28END)
    -8% mana costs if you have both auras up
    2.5% mana back when you crit. This combined with 8% lower mana costs means no down time.

However I think 10 or 15 in Warlock will probably provide the best bonuses...optionally you can use 2 points into making consuming flames better by 4% of your HP instead of Altruist for -8% manacosts. Note that Warlocks bonuses are the most PASSIVE rather than Active. You can use warlock with good bonuses without using archons P.stone at all and you have so much HP from lock and raised in nature you hardly need to use Searing Vitality for the boost.

Edit: also archon provides the longest +7% magic debuff that exists. Pop that early in the fight and its up for most dungeon bosses entire fight. However in a raid this WONT be your job, so obviously that loses some of the bonus. I do really like Exhillartion though for nearly 100% mana all day everyday 10 in Archon + 5 in ele or 5 in lock for chargegain works out fine too. At this point its all minor bonuses that probably won't hugely effect your outcomes of spamming Natural Healing to keep that tank up >_>;;
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-13-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    9 dominator (8% int, spell reflect)
    6 warlock (charge, sac life)

or

15 warlock (charge, sac life, opportunity, hitpoint pool)
    0 archon (pillaging stone & searing vitality buffs)

you guys are forgetting the upper level chloro spells require charge. so charge is pretty much required. and I wouldn't want to heal without a mana regen ability.
    dom gives mana wrench, as well as living shell and empathic bond from chloro. i wasnt worried about power. i tried healing in a 51chloro/10dom/5ele and power wasnt an issue. the issue is its just simply a bad spec right now.

regarding charge, dont forget those 2 spells also have 2min cd's. i think they will be on CD more than awaiting charge.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrd View Post

I'm not really sure why any other option is even up for discussion.

it depends on how much int you have. the better your gear, the more I'd go with 9 dominator.

is 8% int, reflective command (which does work on a lot of the later bosses) > 8% opportunity + pillaging stones? + searing vitality + warlock hp?

Exhiliration solves practically any mana problems for any spec, it is that good. However, between living shell and empathetic bond (this is being buffed btw), chloro has perhaps the least need for additional mana recovery of any soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrd View Post

Just a lot of the harder ones.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Exhiliration solves practically any mana problems for any spec, it is that good. However, between living shell and empathetic bond (this is being buffed btw), chloro has perhaps the least need for additional mana recovery of any soul.
    They are buffing empathic bond? Any details on this..?

I wouldn't feel comfortable with only living shell v2, even in pve. will empathic bond still only work on synthesis target?

if mana regen is not a problem that means 10 dominator 5 warlock will be nice.

They are jacking it up to 20%. Still need synthesis, alas.

With that in mind, if you plan to do raid heals rather than tank heals, then alternatives like exhiliration look more attractive. (Or even lifetap, but I'm not a fan of tapping as a chloro.)

Champion

opportunity is gonna be alot better now that we have a big heal and natures touch on inductions
    10% intelligence from dom for me is not as good as tallented pillaging stone from a 10 point archon build

only having 15 poitns to put into another soul is no fun at all.. leaves alot to be desired.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

I'm not yet convinced that 51 Chloro is the end-all build.

30 lock still provides 20% damage bonus and 5% crit, and it only loses 10% LGV conversion over 51 chloro.

+20% damage still provides more healing than +10% LGV conversion.

base nuke damage: 1000
    51 chloro: 1000 * 1.2 (51 chloro LGV) = 1200 heal
    32 chloro / 30 lock: 1200 (with 20% increase) * 1.1 (32 chloro LGV) = 1320 heal

The main question I have is whether the loss of the bonus heal on Nature's Touch is sufficiently overcome by the 30% overall increase in LGV heal conversion.

If you want to heal the tank, you're going to have to go 51 chloro, natural heals is more or less required for this now.

However, it just might be the case that hybrid chloro/lock builds are better for raid healing. Serious chloromancers may have to keep multiple builds available for use depending on circumstances.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Just a lot of the harder ones.
    Which ones? Apparently I've been missing something.

@Flaviusx: I liked the playstyle fine the way it was. If Chloromancer main healing changes into spamming 1 direct heal on the tank over and over, I'd rather play a cleric.
    Last edited by Xenon; 06-13-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I'm not yet convinced that 51 Chloro is the end-all build.
    30 lock still provides 20% damage bonus and 5% crit, and it only loses 10% LGV conversion over 51 chloro.
    +20% damage still provides more healing than +10% LGV conversion.
    base nuke damage: 1000
    51 chloro: 1000 * 1.2 (51 chloro LGV) = 1200 heal
    32 chloro / 30 lock: 1200 (with 20% increase) * 1.1 (32 chloro LGV) = 1320 heal

The main question I have is whether the loss of the bonus heal on Nature's Touch is sufficiently overcome by the 30% overall increase in LGV heal conversion.
    51 Chloro is the "end all" build for TANK healing. Literally you cannot and will not tank heal with anything less than 51. It is sad but true :/ LBV at 3x/3x builds actually heals for LESS than LGV does to the tank. Literally LBV at 30% and Synth bonus being 160% means you convert 78% of your damage to the tank and 30% to aoe. LGV at 3x/3x converts 110% to the raid AND the tank. Seriously if you want to remotely tank heal you NEED 51 and for the most part you will be spamming 2 spells: Natures Touch followed by Natural Healing x2, then repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    @Flaviusx: I liked the playstyle fine the way it was. If Chloromancer main healing changes into spamming 1 direct heal on the tank over and over, I'd rather play a cleric.
    I'd suggest if you want to tank heal, you go roll that cleric now if these changes make it live.
    Don't like it? give Feedback on the PTS I don't like it, I really hate it, and I gave my feedback accordingly. If you have not, please do.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post

and for the most part you will be spamming 2 spells: Natures Touch followed by Natural Healing x2, then repeat.
    See, this is where I think you are wrong. I think we are far more trapped with our spell selection on live. It's all NT/VS all the time, more or less. Whereas it will be much easier to insert other spells into the new tank rotation with less fear of falling behind on the tank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast