+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock build for PVE

Default Warlock build for PVE

Working on a warlock build. How does this look?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...hkqqtk.xtczVzo

Suggestions welcomed.
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

The Lock Tree just doesn't seem to do enough to be a primary. Why do you want to go over low 30's in Lock? What type of content are you using it with?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooby View Post
    The Lock Tree just doesn't seem to do enough to be a primary. Why do you want to go over low 30's in Lock? What type of content are you using it with?
    Well, my guild is on a low population server so we do mostly 5 and 10mans right now. I'm usually running Archon. Just wanna dps sometimes and don't like SC too much.
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Essala View Post
    Well, my guild is on a low population server so we do mostly 5 and 10mans right now. I'm usually running Archon. Just wanna dps sometimes and don't like SC too much.
    I have a 38 lock/20 chloro/8 necro build I run 5 mans with sometimes, basically I get a good list of dots, 2 solid aoes, and combat rez/off healing for when the ^$*& hits the fan. In expert level gear it does more dps than a necrolock build for me, the necro pet really just doesn't contribute much for all the talent points that goes into it.

My point is not that you should run a spec like mine but that a 47 lock / 11 arch / 8 necro set up might do some ok damage. Grab 2 more dots from arch, leeching is just awesome, and forget the zealot. Soul purge is a good filler when dots are up so 39 lock / 16 necro / 11 arch might work out well too(you'd have to be careful with SP so that defile doesn't run out of charge). I'm still messing with these, more dot heavy less pet, style of specs. My tests so far are telling me that gear level makes a big difference, in other words some specs get better with gear others are decent sort of out of the box, so what I say may totally contradict those people with 1100+ spellpower.

I'm no pro just stuff I've been looking at recently.

+ Reply to Thread