+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulminate crits you for 6675 damage. (Pics inside)

Shadowlander

Default Fulminate crits you for 6675 damage. (Pics inside)

Full starter valor gear.

1-shot.

That's all.

----

Combat log in attachement or: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/insanes.jpg/
    Attached Images  

bah not worth the effort lets put it this way your undergeared.
    Last edited by Zerolimitz; 05-31-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Plane Walker

I think a hard damage cap on all damage abilities is in order. Something like no more than 50% one's hps per ability.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolimitz View Post
    bah not worth the effort lets put it this way your undergeared.
    Undergeared?

I've full starter valor set. Are you saying I should be p6 before I have any right to complain about being one-shotted? Seriously?

No class should be able to one-shot anyone with a single ability in any scenario, even if the target had no pvp gear at all. One-shotting destroys any attempt at PvP, because in that case there's only one player playing and the other one just taking the flak.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    I think a hard damage cap on all damage abilities is in order. Something like no more than 50% one's hps per ability.
    Before 1.2 I would have agreed with you. After 1.2, nope. If a class gets most of their defensive options removed then the only option left is a high power offense. The CC nerfs and purge spam of 1.2 actually made the one-shot problem worse as it pushed most mages into Pyro or Stormcaller as they're the least buff dependent and have the highest burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zainn View Post
    Undergeared?

I've full starter valor set. Are you saying I should be p6 before I have any right to complain about being one-shotted? Seriously?

No class should be able to one-shot anyone with a single ability in any scenario, even if the target had no pvp gear at all. One-shotting destroys any attempt at PvP, because in that case there's only one player playing and the other one just taking the flak.
    I'm r6 and I still get oneshoted by Fulminates, so I'm with you mate.
    Last edited by Thursdayh; 05-31-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Stream en castellano. Sígueme en Twitter @SmilehLOLz

Soulwalker

which class?
    Last edited by Z3RO; 05-31-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO View Post
    which class?
    You mean?

Any class gets one-shotted with that kind of damage, with the exception of tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    The PVEer in me says "I could live with that, because we could then balance PVE seperately"

But the PVPer in me says "the clerics would love you for this".
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    The PVEer in me says "I could live with that, because we could then balance PVE seperately"

But the PVPer in me says "the clerics would love you for this".
    Something is horribly wrong with either you or the game, if you think that the only way to counter clerics is one-shotting them and in fact everyone else. Ever heard of CC or silences&interrupts?

The point of this thread is to show that one-shotting is happening, and it's widespread, and it needs to be fixed.

Something is horribly wrong with either you or the game, if you think that the only way to counter clerics is one-shotting them and in fact everyone else. Ever heard of CC or silences&interrupts?

The point of this thread is to show that one-shotting is happening, and it's widespread, and it needs to be fixed.
    No, it's not the only way to counter clerics, it's just one way to do it. Anything that makes clerics harder to kill is going to make clerics happy.

Did I say they should do it? Did I said it's a good/bad idea? No. Just stating facts.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    No, it's not the only way to counter clerics, it's just one way to do it. Anything that makes clerics harder to kill is going to make clerics happy.

Did I say they should do it? Did I said it's a good/bad idea? No. Just stating facts.
    Well let me state a fact aswell: fixing overtuned abilities makes everyone happier. With, perhaps, the exception of the abusers of said overtuned abilities.

It sounds like you're arguing that since fixing abilities such as Fulminate would make clerics happier, nobody else's happiness should even be considered. Lol.

Seriously though, I do think the majority would agree that 1-shotting doesn't belong to PvP. Longer pace of combat (aka people dying slower, aka them getting healed aswell) tends to require more skill than pressing 1 button and winning a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorIronclad View Post
    Before 1.2 I would have agreed with you. After 1.2, nope. If a class gets most of their defensive options removed then the only option left is a high power offense. The CC nerfs and purge spam of 1.2 actually made the one-shot problem worse as it pushed most mages into Pyro or Stormcaller as they're the least buff dependent and have the highest burst damage.
    Exactly. I'm in a mix of P4, P3, P2 gear as I work on P5 and I get Deadeye shot for 3k all the time. I have 3995 hp in my full valor set. What the F am I supposed to do when I start the fight off with 1k hp? Hope and pray I last long enough to get to Fulminate so I might kill them.

Every rogue in blues and greens is a damn raid boss if I stand still in my circle. Rogues that don't even have a discernible rotation other than "hurry and get 5 combo points" are gods. The ones in P3 like me kill me in 3-4 secs if I stay in the circle or I prolong it to 7 - 8 if I Flicker and attempt to kite. If they have a cleric that buffs them so they take nearly 0 damage that 4800 Fulminate I toss will only do about 900 damage if it crits.

Mages didn't design the game; we play what gives us the best chance to win a battle. Dipping dots died when everything went immune. Can't kill a cleric unless you can CC it when it gets low health as a dot class. Can't CC them because Joe Blow thought it was a good idea to entomb them at 95%.

Can't play Dominator as everything is immune to everything you do. Might as well threaten the opposition with a green booger as that's about as scary a Dominator in a warfront is nowadays.

Chloromancer at level 50 sucks wind as your whole time is dedicated to watching to see if your buff is dispelled. I found a sensational Chloromancer that I had to use Degeneration on twice. The second Degeneration removed his LGV buff. He didn't notice. I switched targets and killed all 8 of his friends then him. Yelled out "Rebuff LGV next time buddy" as I finished him with a Fulminate. He rezzed and came back as Pyro.

So yes there's not many choices in the mage trees for viable builds that actually kill people. You can play a ticklemonster or you can spec Pyro / Stormcaller. I choose to kill people and be useful to the team.

Well let me state a fact aswell: fixing overtuned abilities makes everyone happier. With, perhaps, the exception of the abusers of said overtuned abilities.

It sounds like you're arguing that since fixing abilities such as Fulminate would make clerics happier, nobody else's happiness should even be considered. Lol.

Seriously though, I do think the majority would agree that 1-shotting doesn't belong to PvP. Longer pace of combat (aka people dying slower, aka them getting healed aswell) tends to require more skill than pressing 1 button and winning a fight.
    I've been saying for months that pyro burst damage should be toned down, as the soul's PVE performance is complete garbage and needs a buff but can't get one due to it's PVP output.

I'm all for pyro getting a massive rework to balance them for PVE and PVP.

The fact remains however that nerfing anyone's burst damage means that healing will need to be adjusted. It's already possible for healers to outheal 2 or even 3 major burst classes if they focus heal. This type of change would only exacerbate the anti healing crowd's complaints.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-31-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cagey View Post
    Rogues that don't even have a discernible rotation other than "hurry and get 5 combo points" are gods. The ones in P3 like me kill me in 3-4 secs if I stay in the circle or I prolong it to 7 - 8 if I Flicker and attempt to kite. If they have a cleric that buffs them so they take nearly 0 damage that 4800 Fulminate I toss will only do about 900 damage if it crits.
    There's actually a skill called Improved Hit & Run, which has a 2 minute cooldown, that gives the MM incredible burst damage for 15 seconds.

It changes a 1.5 sec induction skill that gives 2 combo points and hits for around 800 damage into an instant cast skill, and the 1.5 sec induction finisher that crits for 3k+ into instant cast.

Granted, you won't see those kind of numbers while attacking a P6 player, especially a tank due to physical mitigation (my deadeye shot crits on tanks for around 700), but I can burst mages down fairly quick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast