+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick 51 Archon question

Shadowlander

Default Quick 51 Archon question

Would it be better to have 5% more crit from Elementalist or 5% more fire damage from Pyro?

Or 5 points into some other soul...heh. I can't decide which one i would benefit greatest from.

Plane Touched

I recommend going all 15 into lock for the opportunity, increased charge and increased HPs. I use pyro for my 0 lvl and put flamebolt into my macro and will use fireballs if I catch an opportunity proc.

Shadowlander

I've got 10 into Dom for the 10% Int. Just trying to put the other 5 in a worthwhile spot.

Plane Touched

I've always gone with the 5% fire damage talent, but since I haven't tested it I couldn't say for sure that it results in more damage than 5% crit. They're probably pretty close.

Telaran

Roughly speaking I get about 100 extra DPS from a 3 minute session on the target dummy with those 5 points in pyromancer than I do with them in elementalist and crit.

Telaran

Ignore my post above think I must have had a fluke the first couple of times I ran a 3 minute test I am getting slightly better numbers though with Pyro or Ele but I was thinking of dropping 1 point from Domi to give 6 points in Pyro.

This would give you the Ground of Power an additional 10% damage on those fire attacks, now this would not suit every fight but maybe it would be worth a try will do some more testing and see.

Shield of Telara

Yep I run 9dom 6pyro in my archon build.

Warlock is pretty terrible for archon because BP wont proc from opportunity cast Pillaging Stones if its straight after another debuff.

DPS wise it's best to go with enough points in Pyro for GoS. BP procs are fire damage and get 10% more damage from GoS and 5% more from FA. Ends up being quite a nice boost in damage as every PS you cast procs BP which hits 15% harder.

+ Reply to Thread