+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 31 Pyromancer/20 Dominator/15 Archmage in PvP?

Shadowlander

Default 31 Pyromancer/20 Dominator/15 Archmage in PvP?

Can somone give an introduction to the 31 Pyromancer/20 Dominator/15 Archmage spec for PvP?

I suppose it is this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cuucuzo.xx0M0c

I tried parts of it at level 35 (20/20/5) and I felt very stupid: running out of mana very quickly and not knowing what to do :-).

I've seen mentions of it being a good build, so please help to defeat my mental challenge on this.

You're running out of mana because you've managed to avoid all of the mana conservation abilities possible.

If I were you, I'd consider investing in Improved Smoldering Power or Improved Mana Wrench (but not both). I personally prefer Mana Wrench because it not only gives me a huge amount of mana per use, but it also has the added benefit of negatively impacting my enemy's resources. It's also easier for me to use it, since it's not a buff that I have to maintain but rather a reactionary ability when I notice my mana starting to run low.

That being said, a single point in Improved Smoldering Power allows you to use the ability in combat, which can be extremely advantageous under certain circumstances.

I'm current using a build similar to this. I'm not nearly as heavily invested in the Archmage soul as your build, but honestly I don't notice the difference too much (although I sometimes miss Degeneration).

Shadowlander

Thanks, I'll have a look!

Shadowlander

Tried again. Still feels like walking favor.

Somehow fun to play, but dropping very fast.

Without ground marks you definitely get to be more stealthy about your casting thats always a plus. At first glance It looks like this build is sacrificing dmg for speed. Not sure how much though. What's your self buffed SP and what are you getting for fireball crits and non crits in this spec?

Also I wonder if swift control will still apply if controlled opportunity was resisted by DR. The description seems to imply that it would (only mentions casting it). Knowing that would make it easier to decide if it's worth missing out on fulminate and ground marks.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-02-2011 at 07:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread