+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Chloro pvp spec that goes into archmage?

Default Your Chloro pvp spec that goes into archmage?

So im about 40k prestige from rank3, and im wondering how im going to get those points in archmage. Im already pressed for points to get effective chloro/warlock/archmage(10 for damage and the instant cast when interruprted). And I think at rank 3 I might want things like the Ward of Detection and such. So

1.) Do you recommend even going far into the Archmage tree at rank 3?

2.) If so, how would you create a chloro build that can put out good damage like a chloro/warlock but has the points to spare in archmage?

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    So im about 40k prestige from rank3, and im wondering how im going to get those points in archmage. Im already pressed for points to get effective chloro/warlock/archmage(10 for damage and the instant cast when interruprted). And I think at rank 3 I might want things like the Ward of Detection and such. So

1.) Do you recommend even going far into the Archmage tree at rank 3?

2.) If so, how would you create a chloro build that can put out good damage like a chloro/warlock but has the points to spare in archmage?
    Rank 1-3, no further than planar attunement.

Rank 4+, I always go up to overload.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

It will sound stupid but i suggest you try take Concentration (tier 4 in AM) . Main problem i have when chloro-spec is major pushback i suffer from random dmg

Plane Walker

The problem with the right side of the tree is that the talents in it are just in every way inferior to the left side.

Skipping the 15% damage increase alone is such a massive hit to your effectiveness that's not even remotely compensated for by anything on the defensive side. 15% more resistence to physical damage wasn't even a real equivalent because it only affected physical damage, now that's nerfed to 5% and is completely worthless because of it.

The most damning factor for the defensive side of the Archmage tree is simply this though: The best defensive talent Archmages get is Hastened Withdrawal, which is in the offensive side of the tree.

+ Reply to Thread