+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mainhand weapon question.

Soulwalker

Default Mainhand weapon question.

Hey guys, I've been an avid follower of the Gear Guide (while taking the information with a cup a sugar for depending on what I actually needed). So to the point. Where do mainhand weapons drop for mages? I'm raid geared and still using the mainhand drop from the 2nd boss in IT from my VERY first run, just because I've only seen one other mainhand drop in my travels and I passed it to another guildy. I've just had terrible luck! What T2s can I do?

Why do I use MH/OH? More enchants, from the stats prior to 1.2 I saw I could obtain more, now? I have no clue lol maybe I should be going for a staff and haven't realized it.

TL;DR Mainhands can I has them? where?

If you stay with MH/OH combo you can't use witchstones.

If you really want MH/OH combo go farm DD. Scarn drops Entropy which is pretty much the best non-raid MH for mages. Other than that I guess some of the Raid Rifts might drop something and Infiltrator (I think) drops a nice MH as well (Oracle and Hylas drops nice OHs)

And yes, you can't use witchstones if you stick with MH/OH, I'd really try to go for the staff off Calyx in AP, Jultharin in CC or Duke in GSB. Much better than MH/OH imo thanks to extra crit dmg.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Master

MH/OH do totally have more stats then staves. but require 2 drops. and dont have witch stones, and are far less itemized. (Witchstones are really huge, esp with their current bugged status)
    There are a ton of staves, only few mainhands.
    And no swords. dont know why they suddenly turn to daggers at 40+, but there is only like 1 sword. the pvp one.

Where to get them.
    rank 6 pvp is NASTY and a sword. only lacks focus, but you get so much on gear, you might not even need it on weapon.
    RD has one. Vayra says entropy was scarn in DD? I was thinking that was DSM.
    But Johlen drops emerald edge, a nice upgrade over those two.
    I think the 10 man now drops one.
    Best none raid/pvp offhand is ancient runes, also RD.
    Again I think new 10 man has one. And several drop in the raid zones. (oddly high number)

Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post
    MH/OH do totally have more stats then staves. but require 2 drops. and dont have witch stones, and are far less itemized. (Witchstones are really huge, esp with their current bugged status)
    There are a ton of staves, only few mainhands.
    And no swords. dont know why they suddenly turn to daggers at 40+, but there is only like 1 sword. the pvp one.

Where to get them.
    rank 6 pvp is NASTY and a sword. only lacks focus, but you get so much on gear, you might not even need it on weapon.
    RD has one. Vayra says entropy was scarn in DD? I was thinking that was DSM.
    But Johlen drops emerald edge, a nice upgrade over those two.
    I think the 10 man now drops one.
    Best none raid/pvp offhand is ancient runes, also RD.
    Again I think new 10 man has one. And several drop in the raid zones. (oddly high number)
    I got Entropy from Scarn, but that might have changed with 1.2 when they changed some drops around.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    I got Entropy from Scarn, but that might have changed with 1.2 when they changed some drops around.
    nah. its RD. I was probably just confusing it with the offhand from DSM.

Also, I said the pvp MH was rank 6, it is rank 5. Which is a good deal less farming, although still alot.
    The rank 3 MH is equivalent to the t2 MH's. Just no focus.

Telaran

I use the Skarn MH (Entropy) and the bind on equip book (Book of Titans maybe?). I have the Calyx staff bagged as well but the numbers don't add up by themselves and I don't have access to witchstones.

+ Reply to Thread