+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Chloro PvP (Absolutely no talking about eradicate!)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I mean the pvp rank 5 ability.

This is PVP. Why are you talking about synthesis?
    ....can I back up and call that a blonde moment? I get one per day right?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I checked Nature's Fury range...and I don't believe there's a range specified( i mean i'm sure there's some sort of max range) it says 30 M..but I assumed that meant for me to cast at a target. I would be shocked if it was that large to other targets. But im pretty certain it's more than 5M
    Nature's fury range is much bigger. I've pulled a lot of PVE mobs by mistake, especially in AP...

In PVP I can't be bothered to spend more than 18 points in chloro though. 19-20 at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Evervent View Post
    Chloro at 50 can be fun, but your going to die to cleric teams because, lets be honest, chloro healing in pvp is slow and far less effective than cleric healing. Also a cleric can survive for much longer with multiple people on him, you can't. Also once a rogue has their posion on you (25% increased cast time) your instant heals are no longer instant, so you can no longer heal while running, you will be lucky to get nature's touch off when fighting around any area where LOS occurs. With all the healing reduction cc's and silences and fears it just makes healing as chloro a pain. You can't hop around and spam OP instant heals like a cleric. You have to stay stationary and vulnerable to heal. When sc/and pyros are criting for 5k + you'll find that 1300 bloom is worthless, and like I said before good luck getting nature's touch off.
    Cure yourself? The poison problem is really not the big issue. Getting lifegiving veil stripped off is. I have > 7000 hitpoints with the after life spell cast... I live through any rogue ganking.

Chloros in PVP are like .5 healer .5 dps. If you setup your group with that expectation you'll do fine. Really helps to have a bard hiding your buffs. Use the stupid tracker & other useless self buffs last to help cover them, too..
    Last edited by ururu; 05-31-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    Nature's fury range is much bigger. I've pulled a lot of PVE mobs by mistake, especially in AP...

In PVP I can't be bothered to spend more than 18 points in chloro though. 19-20 at most.

Cure yourself? The poison problem is really not the big issue. Getting lifegiving veil stripped off is. I have > 7000 hitpoints with the after life spell cast... I live through any rogue ganking.

Chloros in PVP are like .5 healer .5 dps. If you setup your group with that expectation you'll do fine. Really helps to have a bard hiding your buffs. Use the stupid tracker & other useless self buffs last to help cover them, too..
    In a premade with a cleric/bard any spec can be viable, because you can be kept alive long enough to be useful. - I'm referring to all the guys queing solo in pugs that want to be effective.

Your solo - you have no one to heal you, no bards on your team. Now, how effective are you? Lets say your the only one trying to heal on your team, the other team has half a brain and their leader has marked you, so your getting focused. The poison problem starts to be an issue when you have multiple debuffs on you already, and have to spend 4 + GCDS trying to get the poison off, while taking damage.

in PvP Nature's Fury Pads my damage done by at least 50k..I got act today and testing it to see what the hard numbers are.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Evervent View Post
    In a premade with a cleric/bard any spec can be viable, because you can be kept alive long enough to be useful. - I'm referring to all the guys queing solo in pugs that want to be effective.

Your solo - you have no one to heal you, no bards on your team. Now, how effective are you? Lets say your the only one trying to heal on your team, the other team has half a brain and their leader has marked you, so your getting focused. The poison problem starts to be an issue when you have multiple debuffs on you already, and have to spend 4 + GCDS trying to get the poison off, while taking damage.
    I solo q and switch to warlock - am - chloro as needed. I don't get marked because I make myself not a target. I do this by making sure someone else is a more attractive target. It takes care of most of the problems. If you get focused by a purging group it's over unless you have a group of your own to save you. Nothing new about that. As a long-cast-time-vulnerable-because-of-purges class you cannot be getting wacked if you want to perform. You need clear air. Don't feel bad about baiting everyone else, cause then you can heal them.

As for 1v1 warlock-am-chloro is versatile enough to at least make any fight fun. You got a good chance to succeed if you get the drop on them. With 7k hitpoints I'm not too worried about any 1 rogue. (Marksman that can sit at 35 meters and eradicate notwithstanding.. but everyone loses to the best of those).
    Last edited by ururu; 05-31-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Banned

Tip on using synthesis. Start casting Nature's Touch on your target and then target who you want to heal. When Nature's Touch goes off cast synthesis on your target. They'll get the heal bonus and you won't have to waste 3.5 second to get a big heal off.

it seems sac life: damage does not stack with entropic veil. entropic veil will overwrite it, and if entropic veil is active, sac life: damage will fire but not give the buff.

just fyi for anyone that didn't already know

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Takha View Post
    it seems sac life: damage does not stack with entropic veil. entropic veil will overwrite it, and if entropic veil is active, sac life: damage will fire but not give the buff.

just fyi for anyone that didn't already know
    Wonderful.... I'll have to test this when I get home.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4