+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thought this might be cool

Default Thought this might be cool

Since we do lack synergy with a lot of our souls I thought about this.

Having 2 souls with 31+ points into both souls would unlock a special 1 hour ability. For instance, Say you are a chloro/lock 34/32/0. The trigger unlock would be a spell like say Life and Death. The spell would do about 2.5k-3k damage up to 10 mobs and heal your party/raid members for the same amount. However this would take 100 charge and be on an extremely long cool down. I thought it would be awesome.

Or say your an Archon/pyro. Boulder Cannon. Boulder Cannon would deal 1.5k-2k damage and buff the raid's spell and crit rating by 5% for 5 mins.

I just thought this would be a cool idea to make us want to dual spec into other souls rather than seeing SC/ELE for dps and Chloro/lock for healing.

I think a better solution to the soul synergy problems would be to start by making all of the "this talent buffs X type damage" would be to make them all affect magical damage instead. They could make adjustments from there to the abilities so that certain hybrids didn't become godlike with it, but it would go a long way to making all of the souls compatible.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I think a better solution to the soul synergy problems would be to start by making all of the "this talent buffs X type damage" would be to make them all affect magical damage instead. They could make adjustments from there to the abilities so that certain hybrids didn't become godlike with it, but it would go a long way to making all of the souls compatible.
    I agree just thought it would be cool to see some ways to drop my charge back to 0 I always have too much charge.

Sap Explosion (Chloro/Pyromancer) Sap Explosion deals 2k life damage on impact and explodes dealing 500 fire damage a second for 6 seconds and snaring the target and 8 targets within 10m of the initial target.

So would the 1st 5 points in Pyromancer reduce all casting times by 20% ?
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I like it the way it is. If you want to get a powerful class you have to put a majority of the points into that soul tree (51 pyro or 44 lock for example). And you have 2-4 classes that are utility classes depending on how you look at it. Chloro is a great class for survivability and can be subbed in for your backup to any main soul. With Int boost, entropic veil and endurance boost its a great utility. Same can be said for Lock where it grants you additional charge and opportunity. Archon adds decent debuffs at low levels and Dom is great for cc. Almost all 4 of those can be used in combination with any other class.
    People complaining of synergy doesnt make a whole lot of sense imo. Someone who spent 44-51 points in a single soul should not be able to get sweet buffs in base stats by throwing points into the low end of another soul. Wanting every class to have x boost to base stat y instead of soul specific boosts is pointless. That would just create a very vanilla flavor to the whole mage soul tree.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    I agree just thought it would be cool to see some ways to drop my charge back to 0 I always have too much charge.

Sap Explosion (Chloro/Pyromancer) Sap Explosion deals 2k life damage on impact and explodes dealing 500 fire damage a second for 6 seconds and snaring the target and 8 targets within 10m of the initial target.
    I never have enough charge ... as a lock with defile, mortality, entropic .. my charge is always low. Im not certain its an issue with synergy.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

+ Reply to Thread