+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator Wishlist

Default Dominator Wishlist

There have been numerous threads regarding the uselessness of the Dom tree in any facet with patch 1.2, thought I'd add my personal wishlist for the soul and see what other thoughts my fellow forum dwellers had on the subject.

Storm Shackle/ Microburst - Remove the CC portions entirely, buff damage from SS/Micro Burst talent

Overpowering Will, Arresting Presence
    - Both the Confusion and the Silence effects should be unaffected by DR as they are channeled, consume charge, are interruptable, and effectively occupy the mage casting these spells while active

Priest's Lament - Remove the silence effect and replace it with an interrupt at half cast time, unaffected by DR. This would effectively counter healers' non instant longcast heals w/o being too OP. (It is still cleanse-able)

Mana Wrench - Lower CD

Transmogrify
    - Fix the bug adding cast times to talented instant cast spells (Such as under the effects of Cloudy Poison)

That's about all I got. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by The Grixxitt; 05-26-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

my dominator wishlist has but one simple wish:

1) make dominator not suck

on a side note: last i recall , i didn't have to spend Favor to get dominator so why is it almost entirely PvP based?

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    on a side note: last i recall , i didn't have to spend Favor to get dominator so why is it almost entirely PvP based?
    Two words: Memory Wipe
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ascendant

Imagine if Memory Wipe was a spell that you could target an ally with. Cast it on your highest DPS to help keep that person from pulling threat.

Memory wipe is the most useless abilitiy in dominator ; ;
    will we need it solo? nope
    are dominators used in group? no. If they are will they be pulling aggro with low dps and cc (assuming they aren't immune)? no.
    Does it do anything in pvp? no.

Oh wait maybe the iron will upgrade is, hard to decide.

I like some of the ideas too btw ^^
    Last edited by Inixia; 05-26-2011 at 09:41 AM.

You know what might be nice? if they did life damage rather than air/death damage, they'd it'd synergize with Chloromancer

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xomic View Post
    You know what might be nice? if they did life damage rather than air/death damage, they'd it'd synergize with Chloromancer
    That's a good idea, or even if they had a ability to change the damage type of their spells to synergize with whatever other souls they were using. (You know, since no one in their right mind goes full Dom right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    That's a good idea, or even if they had a ability to change the damage type of their spells to synergize with whatever other souls they were using. (You know, since no one in their right mind goes full Dom right now)
    Sad, but true
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Soulwalker

>.>;

<.<

Storm Shackle/Microburst deal lightning damage. The knockback and neural prod deal lightning damage. I'm loving storm/dom...

Champion

I think even if they made all those changes, it wouldn't be enough.

It would help in PvP, but this is a core soul we're talking about and it should have some PvE viability. I'm perfectly fine with there being a SPECIFIC soul for PvP only. It's called Archmage. At the end of the day, almost every skill Dominator has doesn't work against any difficult PvE mob in the game (even 20-man raid trash are immune to most of it).

Dominator just has so many problems I don't even know how one would begin fixing it. I'm personally on the "wipe it and start over" bandwagon.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 05-26-2011 at 11:44 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    Storm Shackle/ Microburst - Remove the CC portions entirely, buff damage from SS/Micro Burst talent
    I think the idea of this ability is to have a short root first so that the target has time to notice the shackle and choose to break it inflicting good dmg + snare on self + allies, or staying put and not taking the penalty (but getting focus fired, taking full dmg from haunting pain).
    Thus I think making it a "nuke" is not a good idea. Sure the design sucks with the new DR in pvp, and also hardly works in group pve.
    Maybe change the snare to something else (dot, increased dmg taken, slow, I don't know, but something not DR related).
    Also initial root should remain otherwise someone running would take dmg before having time to notice the shackle so it should probably go through DRs... Maybe shorten it to 1s or something (3s is not the end of the world but when you're immune you already have been subject to some CC).

+ Reply to Thread