+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My gift to mages fed up with being stealth ganked.

Plane Touched

Default My gift to mages fed up with being stealth ganked.

34 warlock 18 chloro 14 pyro
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...x0VkVqxo.xrz0u

heres your spam macro;

-instacast only spam n run-
    #show draining bolt
    suppressmacro
    cast draining bolt
    cast ruin
    cast countdown
    cast neddra's grasp
    cast flame bolt

-kite macro-
    #show wither
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast wither
    cast wild abandon

pro tip; flicker is better then break free and its on a 20 second timer! between flicker and wither/wild abandon ....kite to your hearts content. with fiery resolve.....you can't be cc'd the first time and the 2nd time not only is it 50% as effective now its 30% of 50% effective the 2nd time! then your immune!

with your spam macro you never have to stop to cast.

pro tip; when oppertunity procs hit entropic viel real fast then cinder burst someone at 19% greater power!

between bloom flourish flicker draining bolt ruin, endless flicker kite, you can stay on the move and out of danger.

TLDR; flicker > break free, never have to stop moving, insta cast everything.
    con; burst is definatly lacking and dont even dream of killing a cleric 1v1.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

Default Nice build

Do you think i can modify it for my level 37 mage?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Belith View Post
    Do you think i can modify it for my level 37 mage?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zRv0.xdch.ex0AkVoxk

Just don't use Pyro if level 37 and use Arch Mage for break free.

I changed a few other things which in my view are better. Each to their own though.

Set up macros if you want to suit Opportunity procs to cast Vile Spores instead of Void Bolt.

Radiant Spores will effect groups in area and use radiate death after using dark touch and neddra's grasp on a single target to then effect groups so you benefit out of radiant spores as well.

As for Cleric 1v1 you can still do it. If you talent for dark fury, use that and choke and even fear. Yes, DR exists but if done right and your Opportunity procs are going for you, then yeah you will win.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 05-24-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zRv0.xdch.ex0AkVoxk

Just don't use Pyro if level 37 and use Arch Mage for break free.

I changed a few other things which in my view are better. Each to their own though.

Set up macros if you want to suit Opportunity procs to cast Vile Spores instead of Void Bolt.

Radiant Spores will effect groups in area and use radiate death after using dark touch and neddra's grasp on a single target to then effect groups so you benefit out of radiant spores as well.

As for Cleric 1v1 you can still do it. If you talent for dark fury, use that and choke and even fear. Yes, DR exists but if done right and your Opportunity procs are going for you, then yeah you will win.
    cleric would have to be bad or be in shiat gear honestly. they'd have to let you get them to 50% then you silence them then get some lucky crit/oppertunity.

as per a level 37 spec....hmm

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...x0VkVqxo.xrz0u

but i honestly don't know how effective you'll be without the extra 5% crit 20% spell damage. no oh shiat butons. but as i laid out you basically get a watered down version....super survivable with flicker cant be cc'd fun. can even still use oppertunity + entropic viel to insta cast cinder.

dunno try it out.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

I'll toss it up on my test build slot and give it a run I suppose. It'll be nice being able to stay mobile and spam damage for once.

Thanks mate, let ya know how it turns out ;)
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I'll toss it up on my test build slot and give it a run I suppose. It'll be nice being able to stay mobile and spam damage for once.

Thanks mate, let ya know how it turns out ;)
    i just got done spending the last 5 codex's on this spec.......i think this is my only spec for codex now. rogues cant stealth gank you, you stay mobile and healthy. i really had a damn good time.

p.s. another important macro i figured out

#show cinder burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast cinderburst
    cast fireball

SOSOSOSO IMPORTANT MAKE SURE TO ACTIVATE ENTROPIC VIEL THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU OPPERTUNITY FREEFIRE YOUR CINDERBURST.

this is for when your on an oppertunity hotstreak.....cinderburst is on cd....may as well get a free fireball.

Click below
    Click above

So, I've done a couple WFs with it so far. I have mixed feelings.

There's an ele/pyro/am build floating around from Mez that I like alot, high survivability and mobility, but less healing (almost none) and much more buff reliant. When I saw this build, I thought to myself that it was esentially shoring up some of the only short commings that Mez's build had, while sacrificing a good amount of it's damage. For the most part, my assumption is correct in that.

This build's damage output is alright, but against warriors and clerics I'm finding it hard to put much of a dent in them or burst them down without assistance. That's not necessarily going to stop me from using the spec, but it certainly prioritizes my targets to mages and rogues. Also, while being less buff dependant than the ele spec, this spec is easily screwed by MM eradicate purge spam because you're not hiding behind a wall of archon buffs. Being able to self heal is great, but it's much more group reliant on scoring kills, so I guess that's the trade off.

1v1 the build works really well, so in open world I think I might get more of a kick out of it. Still, as warlock builds go, this one is definately a good one.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-25-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Soulwalker

So, I've done a couple WFs with it so far. I have mixed feelings.

There's an ele/pyro/am build floating around from Mez that I like alot, high survivability and mobility, but less healing (almost none) and much more buff reliant. When I saw this build, I thought to myself that it was esentially shoring up some of the only short commings that Mez's build had, while sacrificing a good amount of it's damage. For the most part, my assumption is correct in that.
    How are the points distributed in this build, for reference?

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."
    Mall Super-Cop of The Enclave

Plane Touched

1v1 the build works really well, so in open world I think I might get more of a kick out of it. Still, as warlock builds go, this one is definately a good one.
    thats why this is essentiolly my codex role. In codex theres alot more small encounters. Also i would agree this build would be sub optimal in fights where the enemy is recieving heavy heals. Vs warriors your only goal is to kite them to death and if they're a good warrior it'll be a lil tough depending on there spec.

VS a smart warrior i'd say its most important to flicker out of the first gap closer they use.....kite to your hearts content then when they close the gap once more or stun/silence you.....wait it out.....heal to full or as full as you can IE bloom flourish then drain bolt them......then use wither/wild abandon macro for more kiting. after this you should be immune to CC.

but yea i reserve this spec for codex only and sometimes for WS. in blackgarden either yo want to heal or AE/superburst.

maybe if the black garden was 5v5 and they arent a premade.

final pro tip i swear; with such great mobility and survivability.....when i run into a cleric i just snare them then flicker away, get some space, then change roles to my kill the cleric role.

Click below
    Click above

Quote Originally Posted by Ricter View Post
    How are the points distributed in this build, for reference?
    The discussion about the build can be found here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Pyro-PvP-build.

I believe there's an updated version deeper in the thread, so don't go with the one in the first post.

Plane Touched

Or you could just make a spec that allows you survivability with massive burst like I have and utterly destroy just about anything...

And honestly I'm against over macro use, especially the cb/fireball 1 above. A fireball is sometimes enough to wipe something out or an extra cast followed by a fast cb proc'd ready to go. The order of burst is essential to killing targets, you dont wanna fire off a big cb crit only to have your target healed while casting fireball.

My pyro spec runs about 3 bars worth of skills and not 1 macro, tbh compared to other classes I've never found mages to need to rely on them as much and the more control you have the better suited you are for every situation.
    Charizard
    I've kissed a girl irl - u jelly?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Houds View Post
    Or you could just make a spec that allows you survivability with massive burst like I have and utterly destroy just about anything...

And honestly I'm against over macro use, especially the cb/fireball 1 above. A fireball is sometimes enough to wipe something out or an extra cast followed by a fast cb proc'd ready to go. The order of burst is essential to killing targets, you dont wanna fire off a big cb crit only to have your target healed while casting fireball.

My pyro spec runs about 3 bars worth of skills and not 1 macro, tbh compared to other classes I've never found mages to need to rely on them as much and the more control you have the better suited you are for every situation.

something more survivable then 5/5 vitality + 3/3 raised in nature + bloom + flourish + draining bolt + shadow life + neddras essence + warlock armor + flicker ??? I have almost 7k hp self buffed. if i didnt have shiat essences i could achieve 7k hp self buffed.

i'm sure your spec is all good, but more survivable? i don't think so.

as per the cb/fb macro i use this macro ONLY for oppertunity procs. I never hard cast cb and if i need to hard cast fireball, its on my bar.

edit: i understand your point, but in this build fireball really doesnt hit all that hard and i typically prefer to keep moving. I usually lead with dark touch before i start spamming my instacast spells macro. things die slowly but surely with dark touch + neddras grasp + countdown into insta cb/fb.

this build has trouble with people being healed heavily or clerics in general.
    Last edited by Chloenoir; 05-25-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Click below
    Click above

Shield of Telara

I play one of those ganking rogues, and what a lot of you mages end up doing is not paying attention to the dots we put on you. Some healers don't start healing themselves until half way dead, which by then is too late if we stun you. Sometimes I think they aren't even paying attention to what's going on on their screen because they are too busy attacking someone else while I'm backstabbing them.

What I typically do is start out with jagged strike, which is a major bleed, followed by a puncture which is another bleed, followed by a jagged edge which is another bleed. If you flicker away I hit you with dust in the eyes which will stun you for at least a second, which gives me time to get to you and throw Anathema on my way, which reduces your healing. If I can't get to you in time I'll drop back in to stealth and hit you with a paralyzing blow. Then I hit you with a foul play, which is another stun. By then you are usually dead from the bleeds.

I've been up against a few P6 chloros who are pretty much impossible to kill for an assassin, unless I get lucky and crit a few times in a row. Once the initial burst is done, and you aren't even close to dead, then there's not much else I can do.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-25-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    I play one of those ganking rogues, and what a lot of you mages end up doing is not paying attention to the dots we put on you. Some healers don't start healing themselves until half way dead, which by then is too late if we stun you. Sometimes I think they aren't even paying attention to what's going on on their screen because they are too busy attacking someone else while I'm backstabbing them.

What I typically do is start out with jagged strike, which is a major bleed, followed by a puncture which is another bleed, followed by a jagged edge which is another bleed. If you flicker away I hit you with dust in the eyes which will stun you for at least a second, which gives me time to get to you and throw Anathema on my way, which reduces your healing. If I can't get to you in time I'll drop back in to stealth and hit you with a paralyzing blow. Then I hit you with a foul play, which is another stun. By then you are usually dead from the bleeds.

I've been up against a few P6 chloros who are pretty much impossible to kill for an assassin, unless I get lucky and crit a few times in a row. Once the initial burst is done, and you aren't even close to dead, then there's not much else I can do.
    Hi, I kill bad rogues all the time. Good rogues kill bad mages all the time. Good warriors kill bad clerics.

my point is gear equal skill equal this spec will be favored to win VS any rogue who will open up on you from stealth. I've played a rogue from 30-48, i understand the rogue VS mage dynamic.

VS a rogue my only goal is to do damage to you slowly but surly while keeping my health as close to full at all times.

I know your imppressed with your 4000 damage over....what 20 seconds? If a bad rogue opens with paralyzing strike ....i flicker before you get a next gcd. then your powder is 30% of 50% effective. so lets assume smart rogue who opens up with JS-punc-Imp. by the time you get off imp I've allready cast bloom and flourish and am back up to full while your dots will do a MAX of 30% my health over the next 15 seconds. now i'm going to draining bolt you then ruin you.....which just healed me another 1k health. all the while my warlock armor is healing me a tiny bit on EVERY dot/melee tick.

at some point i'm going to snare you then when you snare me i cast wild abandon and i get to kite you for free. At this point im at 80-90% health while your dots are wearing off and i'm now cc immune. keep in mind i draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag the fight out so ill get to cast bloom anothe couple times flourish one more time.

if cd's are up, have fun getting through 7 seconds of lolcanttouch this time and when i shadowlife i'm at over 9k life.

sorry but in the grand rock paper sciccors scheme here......on this spec don't even bother 1v1 as a stealth gank rogue. but don't feel bad, in this spec a lolburst mage will put a hurt on me and i can't touch clerics. there are ups and downs to this build.

edit: also look at your logic and apply the 1.2 cc immune changes......time your cc better. you talk about useing powder....then stealthing to re cast paralyzing strike....then foul play.....this was after i flickered away your first CC..... your putting the mage into cc immune way to fast.

Honeslty i think your best plan VS this spec is to assassinate into puncture into impale into foul play into SS SS slip away into assassinate into 5p final blow.

VS a good rogue on 32nb34assassin, not sure how the fight would play out but i still like my chances.
    Last edited by Chloenoir; 05-25-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Click below
    Click above

Plane Touched

I never said more survivability than your spec.

I'm just not about to give up damage and the ability to kill teams to become a tank and win 1v1s. Your spec way work solo roaming but warfronts I wouldn't be caught dead running it personally.

We have the potential as mages to dominate warfronts and wipe out teams and give our side victories. You don't do this running around in a 1v1 spec doing virtually no pressure damage.

You've seen me do this in premades and pugs, I run the same spec regardless of how I queue. Last night I held statue until it capped solo, I took down 1, then a 1v2 then held off 4 for the remaining 20s till it capped with only bloodthirsty and a 1900hp pot as heals. There's plenty of ways to survive without losing dps and sometimes the ability to hit hard is your best line of defense.
    Charizard
    I've kissed a girl irl - u jelly?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast