+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there *any* mage spec that can beat a good MM/Inf 1v1?

Rift Disciple

Default Is there *any* mage spec that can beat a good MM/Inf 1v1?

I have yet to find one. Has anybody else?

Shield of Telara

Warlock with opportunity procs and void bolt can out dps them at ranged plus you have shadow life if needed or neddra's essence.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Warlock with opportunity procs and void bolt can out dps them at ranged plus you have shadow life if needed or neddra's essence.
    32warlock18chloro16necro
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0Vzmqxo.xkfd0z

once opened on, use flourish + bloom, you should be back up to full. life drain into soul purge. if soul purge gets interupted re soul purge. when either bloom or flourish comes back up use them immedietly.

the whole fight is keep your health maxed at all times, dot them up and soul purge. with 5/5 vitality and 3/3 raised in nature , your hp pool should be nice.

its an atrition war and you should win. life drain bloom flourish life leach soul purge every chance you get.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

pyro cinder crit gg

i have 0 trouble killing any rogue...
    Last edited by Heynrich; 05-24-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heynrich View Post
    pyro cinder crit gg

Valor gear would like to have a word with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchews View Post
    Here's my thought.

If I spit in someone's face, and they go headbutt a boss and the spit gets on the boss, does the spit belong to me or the person that I spit on?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloenoir View Post
    32warlock18chloro16necro
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0Vzmqxo.xkfd0z

once opened on, use flourish + bloom, you should be back up to full. life drain into soul purge. if soul purge gets interupted re soul purge. when either bloom or flourish comes back up use them immedietly.

the whole fight is keep your health maxed at all times, dot them up and soul purge. with 5/5 vitality and 3/3 raised in nature , your hp pool should be nice.

its an atrition war and you should win. life drain bloom flourish life leach soul purge every chance you get.

That looks really good. Would you mind sharing what macroes, if any, you use?

Thanks -CC

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx2112 View Post
    i bet it would raid geared mage > valor

it's not the spec, it's you.

i could go into detail but i don't feel like putting forth the effort.

short version is, if you're fighting him on his terms you lose. if he's fighting you on your terms he's a bad rogue.

this is negated in warfronts because objectives force fights, but yeah, that's basically the gist of it.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaCat View Post
    That looks really good. Would you mind sharing what macroes, if any, you use?

Thanks -CC

theres not too much you need to macro. for space saving purposes heres a few easy ones

spam nuke
    #show draining bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast draining bolt
    cast ruin
    cast either voidbolt if you wanna kill someone dead or vile spores if you wanna heal your team

heal team
    #show flourish
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast flourish
    cast bloom

kitelol
    #show wither
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast wither
    cast wild abandon

the kitelol macro is my favorit......if theyre not immune to wither. let them snare you, snare them then becom immune to snares = kite ftw.

keep your pet on passive and use it as a mana bot / human shield....alot of times people will nuke your pet or attack your pet on accident = saved you some hp.

pro tip: if your tired of being stealth ganked....IE the above spec is great but VS a smart hard hitting assassin you typcially cant overcome a stealth opener + foul play and win the fight unless a. they are bad or b. all your cd's are up.

so VS anoying stealth opening gank rogues......replace 16 necro with 14+ pyro. i'll make a thread for it.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    it's not the spec, it's you.

i could go into detail but i don't feel like putting forth the effort.

short version is, if you're fighting him on his terms you lose. if he's fighting you on your terms he's a bad rogue.

this is negated in warfronts because objectives force fights, but yeah, that's basically the gist of it.
    Pretty much that, fought yesterday with a cleric partner vs mage + cleric, decimated them real fast, then the same ones + warrior and rogue, all 3 are down easy, but that rogue is so freaking impossible to kill...

If mage is in a sustained dps build (SC type who can kite), good rogue will pop immunity after getting 3 elec + IS, making you lose 5 sec of time, do almost 0 kite dmg, if he gets kited somehow, slip away and open up again fast before cd is over. If mage is 51 pyro without charges, it is even easier, just dot up and get favor (it was a good fight pre-CC nerf as heatwave resets all cds, now it is pretty pointless, after flashfire and disarm... it is just immune spam).

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Heynrich View Post
    pyro cinder crit gg

An immune rogue can and will come damned near close to killing you before it runs out.

sure an immune rogue will... are they immune to CC? nope root -> they break free -> squirrel flicker away

now here's where you say BUT THEY'RE IMMUNE CAUSE OF DR!!!!!! no they are not 6 seconds -> 3 seconds if you cant get away in 3 seconds or to your team shame on you, unless of course have some idiot spamming cc

o wait he has valor... oh i have 30% crit dmg ( valor is 30% in rank 6)+ squirrel + flicker + disarm + degeneration + root + stun + break free + detaunt + pots (who doesnt PVP with pots?) weak shield (700 something dmg) ... need i go on cause i can

no where has this ever stated in a perfect world setting when he has all his cooldowns up and you dont how do you beat said assassin? i wont even go in on MM they're just a straight joke disarm pew pew collect loot...

every class/soul has a counter learn it use it and remember you have a counter as well

only thing i have ANY problem with in PVP is a warrior... freaking trucks that just yank me in or jump on my face :P

so seriously having trouble with a soul/class combo try and advoid them its easier then you think.. or better yet buy a pocket healer

once again pyro = GG

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrd View Post
    I have yet to find one. Has anybody else?
    You said 'beat' so not sure if this is the same thing, but once every 3minutes I can absorb the burst and they will run away -not exactly beat but I made it and will die in the next few seconds once he come back lol

Warlock / Necro / PvP

3x in Warlock / 16 Necro / 5-6 PvP.

The SP (Soul Purge) + Lock build is really nice and used by players who have rank and can go deeper into the PvP soul but don't -yah SP is that nice. Also the changes to how channeled spells work is kind of nice, just keep mashing the SP button.

The DoTs are OK, nothing special, the true damage is the combos that you do all including SP. So Stun+Void Bolt+SP..Silence+Void Bolt+SP and so on. Whatever you do make sure it has a Void Bolt followed by SP.

Edit: Abuse mass fear, just used every time you or your healer get jumped -you are looking out for your healer right
    Last edited by Cempa; 05-25-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Ascendant

pretty much any spec with 0 archon and 32 lock will stomp them.

Rift Disciple

Reading through this, a few comments:
    1. Grip Like Steel = no Disarming
    2. On The Double + Getaway = no Root/Snare
    3. Eradicate = goodbye Heat Wave/Pyromancer's Armor/Neddra's Essence
    4. Anathema = reduced healing
    5. Various Speed Buffs + Retreat = easily able to jump in, use closer-range abilities, then jump out and stay past your max range (unless in a confined area)
    6. Cleanse Soul / Break Free = no disabling CC (e.g. Transmogrify, Fear) for 30 seconds
    7. Various Speed Buffs = Flicker won't save you

I'm liking the brainstorming though. Some things in here I hadn't thought of.

Oh, and to those saying variations of "just instagib the rogue",

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx2112 View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast