+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller/Chloromancer? General newb advice? :)

Default Stormcaller/Chloromancer? General newb advice? :)

Heya! So I began playing RIFT in the first few days, and I got a Chloro/Warlock/Dom build to 15 and was enjoying it. Had to take a break, but I'm back now, and still very newbish. :P I tried a Shamquisicar build, but clerics aren't for me, really. I am a mage at heart, ever since EQ1.

Is a Stormcaller/Chloro build good, with a Dom as a 3rd (but no points in it)?

I'm not looking for anything FOTM, or the "best" builds, but specifics kind of confuse me with soul trees, and I'm looking for a good build. Can anyone advise me, perhaps, on where to put points for a Stormcaller/Chloromancer? Is Dominator a good 3rd soul to use but not put points into? I'm really liking the Chloromancer in general, and I love AoE damage, so I chose this.

Further, would I be a viable main healer with this? If not, a viable secondary healer/support? I am basically looking for a good DPS build while also feeling like I contribute more to DPS.

Later in the game, I plan on getting a 2nd calling that is pure Chloromancer so that I will be able to definitely be a main healer if my Storm/Chloro is unable to. I know there's the possibility of several callings to switch from, but I want to try to limit it to 2 or 3 as I progress in the game. Just my "main" one (hopefully Storm/Chloro) and a healing one. Perhaps a nuking one, too. :P

Any other general mage newb advice would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jojormitar - Bahmi Elementalist/Pyromancer - Faeblight (RP! )

Rift Disciple

well ur main problem in that spec would be mana so u might want to get warlock 6 point or necro for their early mana regen skills

and aslong as u get talents in cloro that buffs up LGV or synthesis and also get natures touch u should be able to heal just fine in most normal instances up to higher 40's

but if u don't get mana reg abilty u will be in deep trouble trying to heal any longer fights

Quote Originally Posted by NexionSE View Post
    well ur main problem in that spec would be mana so u might want to get warlock 6 point or necro for their early mana regen skills

and aslong as u get talents in cloro that buffs up LGV or synthesis and also get natures touch u should be able to heal just fine in most normal instances up to higher 40's

but if u don't get mana reg abilty u will be in deep trouble trying to heal any longer fights
    Alright. So I should switch out my Dom (when I get to level 13 :P) for Warlock, and 6 points in that will be sufficient?

Edit: Crafting/gathering recommendations?
    Last edited by HolyHookerJuju; 05-24-2011 at 01:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ascendant

When I first started playing Rift, I really wanted to make a Stormcaller/Chloromancer hybrid. But the two souls have nothing in common with each other. About the most you'll be able to accomplish is using Phytogensis in Chloromancer to spread Radiant Spores around, and then use Fork Lightning to AoE groups of enemies.

Is it necessary for them to have things in common? O.o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any advice?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHookerJuju View Post
    Any advice?
    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/

He has a great SC/Chloro build for solo - I use it. Great AoE, but burns through mana pretty fast

+ Reply to Thread