+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my necrolock build cant deal against most specs, please help

Plane Touched

Default my necrolock build cant deal against most specs, please help

this is my build, i use the rogue pet.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...xmzo.ex0hkqqxo

my SP is 800 at the moment, i have mainly T1 gear but it seems that i just cant kill most of the players at warfronts without serious help.

i didnt kill a cleric by myself since i played at 30-39 warfronts, 50 level clerics are immune to half of the spells and easily outheal any courses + damage i do to them, without soul purge they kill me faster but i can hold pretty long time 1v1 vs them.

warriors are immune to most of my spells, i suppose to be a mage not a sniper, how come spells miss them so often?

rogues i think more easy to deal with since i can break free and put neddra's essence instantly, but when they realize they failed to assasinate me they just use their get out of jail free card and leave me to bleed.

mages from the opposite side can be close a fight against anyone who is not a pyro but most of them are indeed pyros so they just nuke me if i dont put choke/neddra's essence, which will just delay the inevitable.

can someone please help me and tell me how i can get the best out of my spec if i didnt already, will appreciate any comments.

Dot classes don't do well against burst classes. 75% of PvPers have burst specs. The other 25% can outheal your damage. Add in +valor gear and your dots are probably ticking for single digits in T1 gear.
    Last edited by Carolius; 05-23-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Plane Touched

so i should just spec into 51 pyro? i played necrolock because it did good at PVE, but now its just awful.

Great PvE spec.. I use something similar myself. Wouldn't dream of taking it into PvP though. DoT's and pets have never been all that useful in PvP unless you are in a one on one fight.. although your opponenets gear can make you pretty much worthless.

If you want to do something other than burst damage you can always try support. Go Archon or Chloro/Warlock and focus on your team mates.

Telaran

cant see u having defile thats one dot more also aoe fear is nice to have

Rift Disciple

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...tVzo.xx0A0qqxo

And 2 points to put wherever in lock. Don't spend time casting void bolt (or worse, life leech). Remove buffs with consumption; build charge with instants/devouring shadows; use opportunity to fear/throw heals/resummon pet/void bolt.

Priority should be debuffing targets first (Essence Link! Consumption!), then DoTs to pressure. If facing a VK, do not DoT, just debuff with Essence Link and Looming Demise until you can get Void off him. Meanwhile survive with detaunt and your various lock tricks.
    Last edited by rainyman; 05-23-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Rift Disciple

Keep in mind my necrolock is only lvl 41. Results may vary at 50, though I've managed to wear out poorly geared 50s with my spec and several respawns ;p. I currently win all 1v1s with cds up, and 90% without using any cooldowns in wfs.
    Last edited by rainyman; 05-23-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Ascendant

Try something more like this. The stun|snare from 32 necromancer is worth it. use your stun when you think it will prevent the most damage. kite away. Get necrosis & dark touch & nedra's grasp on, essence link (if healer), then lich form and burst him down. Put down the aoe ground instant if you think 2 ticks will get on him. Time it so your pet hits about the same time draining bolt does.

If opportunity procs, use wither or life leech. Use void bolt if you don't want either of the other two.

I noticed you didn't spec consumption but this is a really useful spell especially 1v1. in warfronts its good to use to recover mana... 15% mana per use. Vs. a cleric it can remove a 1000 point hot or more.

Your gear sucks and this definitely did not help.. but I think your spec was just wrong. I was always quite successful 1v1 with this spec even in crap gear. Anyway if you're doing more world pvp or 1v1 hitpoints are the key stat. Get more.

P.s. I usually spec feign death, its useful in world pvp. If the guards are attacking you feign death and they'll go to him :P
    Last edited by ururu; 05-23-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Soulwalker

Agree with Ururu and Rainyman...
    Necrolock is very usefull especially if you have the wonderfull opportunity to 1 vs 1 in WFs. Try gain upper hand in controll:
    - Dark Fury or Death Grasp
    - Fear right after
    - then ably all your dots and buffs
    - Draining bolt -> Soul Purge
    - If they get to you skin pop Neddra's essence & Shadow Life
    - purge dot more, if opportunity wither, run off dotting
    Your Zealot is your hard hitting friend so I'd go at least 28 Necro / 5 Am / rest lock

Plane Touched

i tried the build ururu gave except the extra 2 points invested in archmage for break-free, and 1v1 its just insanely strong, death grasp is really nice and i am killing healing clerics without problem, now my rogue pet crits for 700 damage if the enemy effected by necrosis and heals me for most of the damage dealt.

however at warfronts this build is useless because alot of the time you are fighting multiple people and have no time to order the zealot which person to attack.

is there some other build that relays less on the pet? or i should just put most points in warlock/archmage since the necro is so pet dependent.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 05-28-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Soulwalker

You dont need to give spesific order to your pet. What you do is you macro its attack to your spell cast ie:

When in game go -> Esc / Macro / then name your macro and write this below

#show Void Bolt
    petattack
    cast Void Bolt

Then drag that icon where you had your void bolt in hot bar and, there you go now your Zealot attacks anyone you Void Bolt. Of course you should replace Void Bolt with spell you like to open up with.

I'd like to remind you that 1 point in Archmage Planar Attunement is worth more than 1 point in Warlocks Dark Power or Imp Warlock Armor.... that i almost want to say that 5 points in AMs PA is a must no matter what build you play as damage dealer in PvP.
    Last edited by Lesrach; 05-28-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

I use something along these lines
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zk0s.xj0hzqqxo

This is a burst dps spec and an anti healer spec.

The difference is that you backload your dps instead of frontloading it.

Start with necrosis, essence link, dark touch, if you get an opportunity proc use life leach.

By the time your dots are up your pet should be on your target, spam soul purge. They usually die in seconds.

necrosis, dark touch, your pet and neddra's grasp dont require you to be facing your target, so you can kite by casting these while running directly away. Use deaths' grasp or dark fury to get distance.

Your problem is more your gear and tactics than your spec.

Only people who out gear you should be able to consistently beat you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    i tried the build ururu gave except the extra 2 points invested in archmage for break-free, and 1v1 its just insanely strong, death grasp is really nice and i am killing healing clerics without problem, now my rogue pet crits for 700 damage if the enemy effected by necrosis and heals me for most of the damage dealt.

however at warfronts this build is useless because alot of the time you are fighting multiple people and have no time to order the zealot which person to attack.

is there some other build that relays less on the pet? or i should just put most points in warlock/archmage since the necro is so pet dependent.
    I use this macro. Move the Lich form & Glob in front or not as you like.

#show Draining Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Lich Form
    use Crystallized Glob of Blood
    startrangedattack
    petdefensive
    petattack
    Last edited by ururu; 05-28-2011 at 07:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread