+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Chloro/Archon build for 5 mans

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default Chloro/Archon build for 5 mans

    anyone have any decent chloro/archon specs for 5 man support? not solo healing but support? and any advice as to what spells i should be using in aforementioned spec? thx. much appreciated :0)

  2. #2
    Shadowlander Naaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...orz.EdIzo0c.xx

    Classified as support but it is capable of solo-healing. You get faster casts along with instant cast procs, nice group buffs, CD's to blow, and excellent healing all packed into 1 spec. :-)

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Stupid dumb 5-min rule.

    Anyway, forgot to mention the spells.

    Keep the 4 Aura's active at all time, I usually recast them after every pull.
    Keep the 5 stacks of Searing Vitality and Pillaging stone as well as the 6 stacks of Rock Slide up, only need 1 cast per 5 minutes once you get the initial buffs up.
    Cast Crumbling Resistance and Ashen Defense on anything with a lot of HP that you want to down faster.
    Cast Consuming Flames every CD, usually on the tank but you can cast it on anyone that needs it.
    Your healing Rotation will be: Radiant Spores > Nature's Touch > Leeching Flame > Ruin > Vile Spores
    If you want to be more support you can swap Purging Flames with Earthen Barrage in the build and add it and Volcanic Bomb into your rotation.
    Cast Waining/Flaring Power during burn phases.
    Bloom/Flourish are emergency heals only.
    Use Power Drain whenever you have at least 50% of your charge bar filled, usually doesn't take long to fully fill that bar with this build. :-)

    That's about it. It's pretty simple and brings a LOT to the table. Great for 5 mans, not so great for raids.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Stupid dumb 5-min rule.

    Anyway, forgot to mention the spells.

    Keep the 4 Aura's active at all time, I usually recast them after every pull.
    Keep the 5 stacks of Searing Vitality and Pillaging stone as well as the 6 stacks of Rock Slide up, only need 1 cast per 5 minutes once you get the initial buffs up.
    Cast Crumbling Resistance and Ashen Defense on anything with a lot of HP that you want to down faster.
    Cast Consuming Flames every CD, usually on the tank but you can cast it on anyone that needs it.
    Your healing Rotation will be: Radiant Spores > Nature's Touch > Leeching Flame > Ruin > Vile Spores
    If you want to be more support you can swap Purging Flames with Earthen Barrage in the build and add it and Volcanic Bomb into your rotation.
    Cast Waining/Flaring Power during burn phases.
    Bloom/Flourish are emergency heals only.
    Use Power Drain whenever you have at least 50% of your charge bar filled, usually doesn't take long to fully fill that bar with this build. :-)

    That's about it. It's pretty simple and brings a LOT to the table. Great for 5 mans, not so great for raids.
    thanks a bunch! tried it out on the boss dummy for rotation practice and got decent dps. 723 spellpower 524 spell crit and 195 focus i pulled 425 dps and never ran out of mana. i have 2 t2 boe drops items(offhand and necklace)2 crafted epics, and rest is all blue drops from t1s. thats more dps than i expected from this build.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Naaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvixen View Post
    thanks a bunch! tried it out on the boss dummy for rotation practice and got decent dps. 723 spellpower 524 spell crit and 195 focus i pulled 425 dps and never ran out of mana. i have 2 t2 boe drops items(offhand and necklace)2 crafted epics, and rest is all blue drops from t1s. thats more dps than i expected from this build.
    You should try the build I posted. You can pull even better dps, have faster cast times instead of opportunity (including group cast speed buff), your backup heals will crit most of the times you use them, and you can still focus heal the tank when needed. The cast speed increases are much more reliable than opportunity, and are providing additional group support as well.

    Also don't know why you would skip AE Spores. Nature's Corrosion is only going to get use on the occasion Ruin, since you will not be casting Vile Spores very often at all. You are buffing the crap out of your group, which is making your spores heal better.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    32archon/34chloro I solo healed all T1s and T2s. Rogue and Warrior tanks, no clerics tho.
    Some of the T2 boss fights are really hard to solo heal in this spec tho last boss in CC comes to mind, depending on how much of a pain he decides to be Rictus from RD, and Majoic from AP.

    I almost did exclusively guild runs tho with good to very good tanks.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naaul View Post
    You should try the build I posted. You can pull even better dps, have faster cast times instead of opportunity (including group cast speed buff), your backup heals will crit most of the times you use them, and you can still focus heal the tank when needed. The cast speed increases are much more reliable than opportunity, and are providing additional group support as well.

    Also don't know why you would skip AE Spores. Nature's Corrosion is only going to get use on the occasion Ruin, since you will not be casting Vile Spores very often at all. You are buffing the crap out of your group, which is making your spores heal better.
    You get the same haste buff as in your build plus you get a chance for Opportunity procs as well. I don't use Phytogenesis because I don't need it. Sure, it's AoE and has a wopping 6% increased chance to proc, but the tank is only fighting one mob at a time, sometimes has an AoE attack, and generally anyone that is AoEing won't be taking any damage, or shouldn't, so it doesn't matter to them. Basically Phyto = 6% higher chance for the tank to heal himself for a very small amount at the cost of 3 points... I just don't see the benefit.

    In my build you are casting VS a hell of a lot. Other than the 5m buffs I don't really use much from Archon. VS on the pull, not really needed afterwards 99% of the time, > Nature's Touch on CD > Leeching Flame on CD > Ruin on CD > Vile Spores. 100% of VS/Ruin damage converted to a DoT that still proc heals from LGV > 6% increased chance to proc a heal with Spores.

    Now if I'm PvPing as say SC/Chloro, then I'd take Phyto as AoE spores + SC's AoE damage = almost invincible, until you get interrupted. ;-)

    Since I can't post a parse of my actual HPS from the training dummy, I'll just do a 5m DPS parse and compare the DPS differences between the specs. :-) More DPS = more HPS afterall. Hehe

    Edit: Didn't notice you had Lingering Dust in your build either. I would say if you're going that far into Archon you might as well make it a 51p. :-)
    Last edited by Artorous; 05-24-2011 at 09:51 AM.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Naaul Id like to give yours a try. What kind of priorities/rotation do you use?

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I just tried these builds the other. It's the most fun I've had in this game thus far. Thanks fellas

  11. #11
    Rift Master Guaritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    You get the same haste buff as in your build plus you get a chance for Opportunity procs as well. I don't use Phytogenesis because I don't need it. Sure, it's AoE and has a wopping 6% increased chance to proc, but the tank is only fighting one mob at a time, sometimes has an AoE attack, and generally anyone that is AoEing won't be taking any damage, or shouldn't, so it doesn't matter to them. Basically Phyto = 6% higher chance for the tank to heal himself for a very small amount at the cost of 3 points... I just don't see the benefit.

    In my build you are casting VS a hell of a lot. Other than the 5m buffs I don't really use much from Archon. VS on the pull, not really needed afterwards 99% of the time, > Nature's Touch on CD > Leeching Flame on CD > Ruin on CD > Vile Spores. 100% of VS/Ruin damage converted to a DoT that still proc heals from LGV > 6% increased chance to proc a heal with Spores.

    Now if I'm PvPing as say SC/Chloro, then I'd take Phyto as AoE spores + SC's AoE damage = almost invincible, until you get interrupted. ;-)

    Since I can't post a parse of my actual HPS from the training dummy, I'll just do a 5m DPS parse and compare the DPS differences between the specs. :-) More DPS = more HPS afterall. Hehe

    Edit: Didn't notice you had Lingering Dust in your build either. I would say if you're going that far into Archon you might as well make it a 51p. :-)
    The OP said he wasn't going to be main healing dungeons, just filling the support role, which is why i assume nauul said you wouldn't be casting VS much. With a 44/22 archon/chloro build, you can still keep most of your healing capability when needed (MH cc'd or large aoe damage) but also bring a ton of buffs/debuffs to make the fights easier. This also means you'll be using a lot more of your archon short duration buffs when the tank doesn't need heals.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 05-30-2011 at 07:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts