+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Is archon a supporter?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Is archon a supporter?

    Hi all. i ve just ding 50 lvl and i am trying to build my roles. I start making up my archon soul in order to join groups as a supporter while i notice that they change the specification on archons souls from support class to offensive class. Did they make any changes to archons soul and is no more a supporter?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    my arcon is suporter and works very well for that. can be a bug in the lfg tool flaging u as dps

    or how much in arcon do u have compared to other suporting dps souls?
    Last edited by NexionSE; 05-21-2011 at 11:34 PM.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Archon is an offensive support role. We get a ton of buffs, a couple of cleanses, and then we DPS.

    A bard is a defensive support role, as it provides much less DPS, but a lot of healing.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    Archon is an offensive support role. We get a ton of buffs, a couple of cleanses, and then we DPS.

    A bard is a defensive support role, as it provides much less DPS, but a lot of healing.
    kekekekek he said they heal

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    kekekekek he said they heal
    they do quite a bit
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tibot View Post
    they do quite a bit
    Ya i know >.<

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Is archon a supporter?
    What it is is what you make of it; what it's called is another issue. My bard is shown as offensive, although it's actually support.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Nevergone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    This is pretty interesting.

    Archon is now classified as an Offensive soul, whereas it used to be a Support soul. Either this is a cosmetic change in the soul description, or it signals a change in vision for the future of the soul.

    This leaves two souls in the game that are classified as "Support" - the Dominator and Bard.

    Interesting...

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    This is pretty interesting.

    Archon is now classified as an Offensive soul, whereas it used to be a Support soul. Either this is a cosmetic change in the soul description, or it signals a change in vision for the future of the soul.

    This leaves two souls in the game that are classified as "Support" - the Dominator and Bard.

    Interesting...
    If its intended, I feel its more to get around the "OMG support and u rnt healz?" mentality.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Nevergone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    If its intended, I feel its more to get around the "OMG support and u rnt healz?" mentality.
    Right...which really raises questions as to what the heck a Dominator is supposed to do.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    Right...which really raises questions as to what the heck a Dominator is supposed to do.
    dom is just a place holder soul until they can think of something good for the mage's 8th pve soul.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts