+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is archon a supporter?

Soulwalker

Default Is archon a supporter?

Hi all. i ve just ding 50 lvl and i am trying to build my roles. I start making up my archon soul in order to join groups as a supporter while i notice that they change the specification on archons souls from support class to offensive class. Did they make any changes to archons soul and is no more a supporter?

Rift Disciple

my arcon is suporter and works very well for that. can be a bug in the lfg tool flaging u as dps

or how much in arcon do u have compared to other suporting dps souls?
    Last edited by NexionSE; 05-21-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Archon is an offensive support role. We get a ton of buffs, a couple of cleanses, and then we DPS.

A bard is a defensive support role, as it provides much less DPS, but a lot of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    Archon is an offensive support role. We get a ton of buffs, a couple of cleanses, and then we DPS.

A bard is a defensive support role, as it provides much less DPS, but a lot of healing.
    kekekekek he said they heal

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    kekekekek he said they heal
    they do quite a bit
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Quote Originally Posted by tibot View Post
    they do quite a bit
    Ya i know >.<

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Is archon a supporter?
    What it is is what you make of it; what it's called is another issue. My bard is shown as offensive, although it's actually support.

This is pretty interesting.

Archon is now classified as an Offensive soul, whereas it used to be a Support soul. Either this is a cosmetic change in the soul description, or it signals a change in vision for the future of the soul.

This leaves two souls in the game that are classified as "Support" - the Dominator and Bard.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    This is pretty interesting.

Archon is now classified as an Offensive soul, whereas it used to be a Support soul. Either this is a cosmetic change in the soul description, or it signals a change in vision for the future of the soul.

This leaves two souls in the game that are classified as "Support" - the Dominator and Bard.

Interesting...
    If its intended, I feel its more to get around the "OMG support and u rnt healz?" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    If its intended, I feel its more to get around the "OMG support and u rnt healz?" mentality.
    Right...which really raises questions as to what the heck a Dominator is supposed to do.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    Right...which really raises questions as to what the heck a Dominator is supposed to do.
    dom is just a place holder soul until they can think of something good for the mage's 8th pve soul.

+ Reply to Thread