+ Reply to Thread

Thread: some help please

Default some help please

this is my current build .

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0V0z.IeRhkqqxo

Now somewhere along the line i seem to be crap as DPS,people seem to be too polite to say why or how So ive come here where i know ill get a honest answer.
    I want a decent output for t2 content. Im not too interested in pvp just t1 or 2. I need a rotaion from you guys and girls to make sure im doing this right, or if im not whats a good t2 spec and rotation?
    I feel stupid sometimes for not knowing what spec or rotation i should be doing
    So please help me out. Idont think i got to 50 by luck and i must have been doing something right taht im now not
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=481395&dateline=12967  50480
    Do not mess in the Affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste nice with ketchup.

Telaran

Why are you trying to dps with chloro?

And if you are trying to be chloro you should be taking synthesis.

The main build out there is sc/ele for single and ae dps.

There are quite a few threads floating around with that build.

Rift Master

You have a build that serves you solo if you have chloro.

When you go for a group as dps and you aren't in a support or offhealer setting you have to go max dps I find to get the numbers others reach.
    Don't get any cc, don't get any heals, don't get anything to keep you alive.

Get things that do dmg or increase dmg, that's it.
    It's a matter of giving up your characters fate to the tanks and healers. Hard to do for some of us but necessary to pump out all the dmg possible.

If you want even a buff like 25% int you have to find a way to work it into a working rotation - for example I can do a fireball for x dmg or I can case spores. If that 25% didn't increase me x dmg on my next casts before it ran out, simple logic states that I was better off using fireball again. Don't even need a parser to test that one

Since you have a 1.5 global cd in between each skill cast to do 1kdps that means your skills have to hit for 2k. Take it on down the line and cast a skill that is a 2second or less cast. See what your dmg is and divide by 2 - there is your rough, standing still spamming dps. If it's not what you like then make adjustments and make sure you read all the skills well. Some work better if other things are in place. Some seem to do more dmg as you adjust your build different ways. It can get complicated but you can trust a spammy cast to give you a forecast of where you are. That's how you begin a rotation build, you cast one skill then try another and whichever one increases your dmg you have a winner.

I would trust others only as a guide but you should still test things yourself here. Too much of this forum is a bunch of goofy numbers and parsers by ppl who haven't coded them and have no idea if they work or not but put their reputation on them. If you manually parse, then you can trust your results. You could have it in you, unknown.

PS. Standing close to the dummy getting auto attack dmg should not count unless you expect to take cleaves from bosses (not all do but some)
    If you expect to stand far away in fights, stand away in these dummy fights too. Don't inflate your travel speed by standing closer than you would in a fight.
    Don't parse till you are out of mana then say - that's what I can do constantly - get back the mana and see if you have a good method for that too.
    Last edited by Fernt; 05-21-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks for the replies,
    I do love the warlock spec as a whole, but seems to compete in dungeons im going to have to learn
    the Sc/ele rrolls.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=481395&dateline=12967  50480
    Do not mess in the Affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste nice with ketchup.

Soulwalker

Hey Scorpy,

I posted 2 dps builds with rotation in a thread a few days back called 1.2 mage builds best chloro build. You should take a look at that, try the spec and see if you like it. There is a repost of the SC/ELE build on like page 5, If you choose to try them GL
    Manalon
    Level 50 Mage Kelpmere
    Guild: Manifest Destiny

+ Reply to Thread