+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So.... Lol...

Default So.... Lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-RinfgoxlA

This will make some changes for me....

for sure. we're going over our raid line up trying to figure out ways to increase overall dps from this. i'm sure a "fix" will be incoming at some point, but in my opinion i think they should let multiple stacks from mages stack. it is an "MMO", and playing with other players in unison should be promoted. working together as a team never hurts, and using each other should utilize bonuses. i'd think it's just part of a good strategy. i know there would be ways to exploit thinking like this (multiple bard/archon buffs, etc), but it would be a better game imo, but that's just me.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    for sure. we're going over our raid line up trying to figure out ways to increase overall dps from this. i'm sure a "fix" will be incoming at some point, but in my opinion i think they should let multiple stacks from mages stack. it is an "MMO", and playing with other players in unison should be promoted. working together as a team never hurts, and using each other should utilize bonuses. i'd think it's just part of a good strategy. i know there would be ways to exploit thinking like this (multiple bard/archon buffs, etc), but it would be a better game imo, but that's just me.
    Let mages stack and 10 Stormcallers would do obscene damage

yeah, that's why i'm ok with it. haha

Ascendant

It's harmful, overall, because then there's even less incentive to use other primary souls or combinations. You promote stacking of just one particular gameplay style.

this has been known since early beta =(

wtb UI fixes! it becomes more annoying in pvp
    WHOOPIE @ Seastone

may be an idea to just have the bonus drop off with more stacks. like each stack would provide less of a bonus. or something along those lines. just trying to be creative while still keeping the idea intact. i think there are just to many variables to make this effective. class vs class would be easier then having to worry about possible class stacking. i understand why they do it, but would just be a nice idea.

Telaran

Deadlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, what rotation are you using for your sc/ele? I keep seeing you use CB and its not even in my rotation and I'm not sure where I need to put it.
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

This "bug" has been goin around for ever. My guildmates and I always alternate with one person lightning storming while the other lightning fields a group down. It is possible to consume someone else's charge.

However, the UI bug of multiple electrical charges stacking does not actually increase everyone's damage.

I'll post a video shortly.. When I put 3 charges up and use CB, it crits for about 1k. When 2 other stormcallers show up and add their charges, CB still crits for 1k.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    This "bug" has been goin around for ever. My guildmates and I always alternate with one person lightning storming while the other lightning fields a group down. It is possible to consume someone else's charge.

However, the UI bug of multiple electrical charges stacking does not actually increase everyone's damage.

I'll post a video shortly.. When I put 3 charges up and use CB, it crits for about 1k. When 2 other stormcallers show up and add their charges, CB still crits for 1k.
    I understand, and I understand the UI bug
    The bonus to THIS is at the start of a raid fight

One SC does FLx3/whatever
    Other SCs can PSx5 then drop IS and get a 42% boosted RS to build their own 3x Elec

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    I understand, and I understand the UI bug
    The bonus to THIS is at the start of a raid fight

One SC does FLx3/whatever
    Other SCs can PSx5 then drop IS and get a 42% boosted RS to build their own 3x Elec
    Oh yeah, absolutely. We clear trash insanely fast by alternating that. One mage drops HS while another does LS, and while the LS is going on the first mage casts LF to keep a constant chain of LF going, then they bascially switch rotations until the whole mob is dead. Obvious uses for buildup as you pointed out as well.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-21-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

You can use another SCs stacks yes but the damage buff no longer stacks above 3 charges and hasn't for awhile. Unless this bug recently came back in 1.2 I really doubt would bring it back >_>
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    You can use another SCs stacks yes but the damage buff no longer stacks above 3 charges and hasn't for awhile. Unless this bug recently came back in 1.2 I really doubt would bring it back >_>
    i checked this with a guildie earlier. i casted w/o my stacks, then with mine, then with his. it all added up. all 6 stacks were adding to my damage. UI was showing only 3 stacks though. this crap is so buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    i checked this with a guildie earlier. i casted w/o my stacks, then with mine, then with his. it all added up. all 6 stacks were adding to my damage. UI was showing only 3 stacks though. this crap is so buggy.
    Oh so now the UI only shows 3 stacks BUT they brought back the bug? oh lawd. I will confirm this later tonight. I wonder if Plague Bolt is back to doing this too.

Now more importantly: Is it feeding off other peoples ice shears? :P

I'd say thsi requires mass reporting now. But most people will gladly abuse bugs in this game :/ Well when it works for them beneficially. Living SHell is proof of that
    Last edited by wallweasels; 05-21-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

It must only be bugged on your server then O.o

That doesn't make any sense, as I deliberately recorded a test just to be sure it didn't work, and on Harrow it doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast