+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking for some max single target tips for sc/ele

Soulwalker

Default looking for some max single target tips for sc/ele

looking to improve myself in damage,not sure what it is im doing wrong,useing parsa on the dummy elites and i get 500dps,my pet gets around 60-90,my rotation is exposure,rs,ice,ls,lfx5,fl,sd,ie,sf,rinse repeat and keep sf/exposure/is up,but still keep doing low dps at 500,pet60-90,my gear is fairly good for t2 runs,just a few items of for raiding fully,my build is 32sc,34ele,my stats are as follows
    831 sp
    603 crit
    focus 231
    any advice or tips would be usefull as id like to be more of a help to my team/guild

exuse me if its been mentioned in any threads..kinda tired...2am now here..post me a link if their is any:P

Regards
    Realus
    Last edited by Realus; 05-20-2011 at 05:12 PM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...otation-guides

Check out sarianne's contribution on page 3 I think.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

u missed an ice shear in your rotation

while SD is up i would personally just use lf as u get more Stacks out as IE and SF are up

i dont know the numbers for your gear but 590 dps is quite normal, i guess there might be room for some more with that rotation, but if u can tell that u didnt **** up the rotation than i cant see u doing anything wrong, other specs and rotations (building storm/dominator) might pull of few more dps

when u read about sc writing about 1000> dps thats usually full raidbuffed
    and ppl tend to test several times and then post the highest were they did crit 20% above their average critchance
    u can expect some serious dps raise in a raid

swap some focus for zm or int if u can 230 is to high
    Last edited by Rebellchen; 05-20-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellchen View Post
    when u read about sc writing about 1000> dps thats usually full raidbuffed
    and ppl tend to test several times and then post the highest were they did crit 20% above their average critchance
    i'm not attacking your post at all, so don't feel like i am please. i test often and then find the average dps of all the parses, and i like to do 10+ parses for each build to find the average. completely unbuffed i'm 1077sp, 666crit, focus cap. i do 1k+ dps every parse as sc/ele over a 5 min parse without foods or flask. in my parsing i don't use exposure either, as i figure that in to raid buffs. you did say "usually full raidbuffed" though. i just didn't want anyone to get the idea that 1k+ wasn't possible without raid buffs. raid buffs do add a chunk of change to your overall damage though. i'm not completely T3 geared out as you can see by my stats. a couple random pieces and GS dagger/offhand, with the rest T2 gear.

as far as the OP, you are using the "standard" 32sc/34ele/0archon build? casting 5 pilliging stones at the start of your parse? (i include pill stone into my 5 min parses as it simulates a fresh boss fight). and as Reball said, you should drop your focus a lil bit. mix and match a few pieces as you get them to max out your stats when possible. also, make sure you have full charge for when you let SD go. you want those hits to be as high as you can. also play around with static flux timing in general. if you have lightning strike and raging storms coming off CD, then let static flux juice them up. you'll get it though as you seem motivated to improve, and as your gear improves, you'll be seeing higher numbers. good luck!
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Rift Disciple

i am sure u will reach above 1k dps with that stats
    maybe i should have expressed myself more clearly
    u just shouldnt believe everyone posting dps as a lot(sadly most i think) are not that well equip and still are "800 sp 550 crit doing 1k" dps which is with that rotation for sure no valid parse

if u got the possibility try that spec in a raid to see what u can pull off
    i think best way to test it is at a raid rift, while u dont necessarly want to pop flask and witchstone there
    first encounter(i can think of) to really test your dps in a straight up fight sadly is plutonus which isnt that easy to reach
    Last edited by Rebellchen; 05-20-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Soulwalker

thanks guys,ill take in note whats said,see if i can get some more improvements,standard build im useing is from bluedot,http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...tcz0xkAdz,dint realise about casting pillage at the start of a battle,amybe its my timeing i need to pick at abit

I have 858 SP and 527 Crit

On the dummies I find I can get around 750 DPS on average over 5 minutes. In practice it depends on the type of fight but 850 is definitely achievable in a tank and spank fight with buffs.

My rotation probably isn't optimal but it's the least complicated way of doing it.

I open with Raging Storm and then Ice Shear. I then pop all my cooldowns and use Lightning Strike.

To fill in the gaps I spam either Cloudburst or Lightning Field (depending on how long the fight will last). When Electrified is getting low I hit Forked Lighting > Ice Shear > Lightning Strike and repeat.

This way it actually end up like a rotation rather than a priority system. Once I'm in the swing of things it usually looks like this:

Forked Lighting > Ice Shear > Lightning Strike > 4 x Cloudburst

Then just repeat until dead, popping cooldowns as they come up. You can replace one of the Cloudbursts with Exposure when needed.
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

I just did a test on the Boss Practice Dummy and actually I managed to get 748 DPS while my pet did 116 so 864 DPS altogether over 5 minutes. I guess I wasn't including pet damage before :-)

Anyway the point is, yeah - you definitely could be doing more damage because my stats aren't much better than yours
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

Soulwalker

took some pointers,thanks guys,im finding it to be my reaction time i need to speed up,in 5man runs ive managed to do atleast 700 recently,taken some pointers accross

For High dps with the build, but not max dps for the build just...

Searing Vitality
    Pillage X 5
    Raging storm
    Ice Shear
    Lit Field X 7

at this point refresh Electrify with Forked Lighting
    Ice Shear
    Lit Field

Repeat

There are ways to pull alot more dps out of the biuld, But this is the easiest rotation for someone just learning and getting a feel for the spec.

later on once you feel comfortable. You will know when to use some other tools at our fingertips. Weaving in Hailstorms and the like.
    Repine

I have never understood why Forked Lightening > Thunderbolt.

Could someone please explain?

And is it still that Lit Strike > Cloudburts unless you are having mana problems?

Ugh, I meant lit field.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    I have never understood why Forked Lightening > Thunderbolt.

Could someone please explain?

Thunder bolt
    Forked Lightning
    Forked Lightning - Bugged Tempest

avg FK dmg: 715 (and that's even considering that Tempest is bugged (see scr-shot)
    avg TB dmg: 676

Testing conditions:
    standard SC/ele build, no buffs, only spammed FK/TB continously approximately 70 times each

And yes, I know the crit-% is higher for FK...truth of the matter is that they're probably quite similar in terms of dps at the moment for single target BUT ONLY BECAUSE Tempest is bugged
    Last edited by Sinj; 05-21-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Shadowlander

I honestly don't know about spell coefficients, however..this is just based on my gear lvl (992 sp 595 crit)
    Last edited by Sinj; 05-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread