+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You have GOT to be kidding me.. Tempest broken again???

Default You have GOT to be kidding me.. Tempest broken again???

So, because of the CB v LF thread I decided to do a quick run/video to show why to use LF over CB
    The numbers and the video don't lie... Tempest is bugged again... FML

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xllfQWPI9WE

yeah, yesterday's hotfixes screwed up the game bad.

Oh, FFS come the hell on already....

/facepalm
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

You could test this more reliably you know? You know by removing random SP variations and testing a base nuke with and without tempest >_>

Guess I'll do that now
    Last edited by wallweasels; 05-19-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

there are also a ton of things that got screwed up. like certain interrupt spells cancelling silence spells and debuffs being overwritten by less effective ones

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    You could test this more reliably you know? You know by removing random SP variations and testing a base nuke with and without tempest >_>

Guess I'll do that now
    you can clearly tell just by watching the video he posted that there are no SP buffs running when the crits do different numbers each time.

just did some tests... everything looks fine to me. no random crits, everything seems solid for LF
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayzee View Post
    you can clearly tell just by watching the video he posted that there are no SP buffs running when the crits do different numbers each time.
    But didn't compare tempest to non-tempest.

Regardless doing so with pillaging stone wasp retty straight forward:

Pillaging Stone: 516~520
    Pillaging Stone Crit: 896
    Pillaging Stone crit w/ +15% witchstone: 896
    Pillaging Stone /w Tempest: 1075
    Pillaging stone /w Tempest + 15% witchstone: 1075

Results:
    Crit added: +90%
    Tempest added: 106%
    Witchstones now are broken and base crit seems to be adding way more than it should...

Yeah testing other skills tempest is adding a total of 106% crit damage >_> Which is only a 16% improvement over the seemingly to high base crit.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 05-19-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Soulwalker

This **** is very bugged PLEASE FIX

Rift Master

The Witchstones have been broken since at least Monday, I believe.

I put one on during a Dummy test and my Void Bolt crits didn't increase at all. Quite disappointed.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
    The Witchstones have been broken since at least Monday, I believe.

I put one on during a Dummy test and my Void Bolt crits didn't increase at all. Quite disappointed.
    They appear to not wearing off. So it didnt increase, because you were still getting the benefit from the last time.

Ascendant

Hotfix didn't just mess up tempest. It messed up something in the Pyro line too. I haven't pinned it down but my Pyro/Ele dps has dropped by around 100-200 since the hotfix. Part of that is probably tempest, but not all of it.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 05-20-2011 at 05:33 AM.

I have two videos up, One not using a witchstone and the second I apply a witchstone and then test

The witchstone increases my crit damage
    I'm having the exact bugged effect of the tempest bug in 1.1

I don't believe this has anything to do w/Witchstone

Is it possible that Trion is finally trying to take additive math out of the system mechanics? (after nerfing us first, that's pretty much Trion's MO)
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Is it possible that Trion is finally trying to take additive math out of the system mechanics? (after nerfing us first, that's pretty much Trion's MO)
    WEll after testing I found out that Tempest actually adds. But witch-stones multiply...Tempest + Witchstone resulted in about 201% crit damage or so because it multiplies off 180%. :/ Seems odd that one does but the other doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast