+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Rogues ae back, what now?

Soulwalker

Default The Rogues ae back, what now?

Hello fellow mages. I have the sad misfortune of being a carebear that is on a PVP server (don't ask!). While I love warfronts and do ok with my chlorolock, I am sick to death of getting ganked and corpse camped in stillmoor and other shared zones. I'm doing standard things to avoid or reduce it. But on those rare ocassions im alone in the open world, with bands of invisible rogues fighting over spiling my guts, what builds do you suggest that have the best survivability to specific assassin stunlock tactics? Or am I just doomed to be free favor?

Please don't post "L2P" or "you must suck, Im LEET and eat rogues for breakfast". I KNOW I suck (without support), Im looking for ways to suck less.

Specifically, any ways to guarantee getting off nedras essence and shadow life in the .5 seconds between stuns? Any way to avoid interruption on Mortality, and getting around the "second click cancels". Any macros with Archmage break free I can use. Other tactical advice?
    Last edited by Seraglio Ariane; 05-14-2011 at 08:40 AM.

As soon as you get opened on, break free and detaunt. Then heal yourself, pop nedras, then start dps. spores, ruin, warlock dots, etc.

When you are casting your instants, you should be kiting. Its hard too get off NT or VS
    in these type of fights, but sometimes I need at least one to win.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Seraglio Ariane View Post
    Hello fellow mages. I have the sad misfortune of being a carebear that is on a PVP server (don't ask!). While I love warfronts and do ok with my chlorolock, I am sick to death of getting ganked and corpse camped in stillmoor and other shared zones. I'm doing standard things to avoid or reduce it. But on those rare ocassions im alone in the open world, with bands of invisible rogues fighting over spiling my guts, what builds do you suggest that have the best survivability to specific assassin stunlock tactics? Or am I just doomed to be free favor?

Please don't post "L2P" or "you must suck, Im LEET and eat rogues for breakfast". I KNOW I suck (without support), Im looking for ways to suck less.

Specifically, any ways to guarantee getting off nedras essence and shadow life in the .5 seconds between stuns? Any way to avoid interruption on Mortality, and getting around the "second click cancels". Any macros with Archmage break free I can use. Other tactical advice?
    34 views and 1 response. It actually says a lot. I'm sorry I have no good advice for you. I'm sitting in the same boat as you. Please pass me an oar. LMAO (Actually laughing at my own response).
    Last edited by Black Shroud; 05-14-2011 at 09:04 AM.

There simply isn't much you can do. Mages are the artillery. Let me cast freely and I annihilate whole groups of enemies. If you get caught by surprise and have to deal with a rogue one on one.. well, that's not cool.

Don't gimp your build just to be able to counter a rogue ganking you. Just do your farming thing and let him have it. He'll get bored eventually.

€: But if you desperately have to, I'm sure you can figure it out by yourself. It is possible, but is it worth the effort? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Elerina; 05-14-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by wfsaxton View Post
    As soon as you get opened on, break free and detaunt. Then heal yourself, pop nedras, then start dps. spores, ruin, warlock dots, etc.

When you are casting your instants, you should be kiting. Its hard too get off NT or VS
    in these type of fights, but sometimes I need at least one to win.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Neddra's able to be taken away with Erradicate?, so two Erradicates and there goes Neddra, Warlock Armor, and LGV. And when LGV goes poof there goes your self heals, once you hit flourish and bloom, Although I suppose you can count Shadow Life as a heal, but Erradicate eats that as well no?
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

aux

You're free favor, sorry. Join the Nerfcaller Union and let's get those stealthy bastards nerfed.
    I'm so BORED

Free favor.. who cares for 1on1 pvp anyway? We still uber pwn wfs, why would I care a sad lil rogue can bash me when he catches me unprepared? And why the hell would you?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Seraglio Ariane View Post

Warlock/Chlor/AM

You wont hit hard, but you're going to make some rogues VERY angry. Unless they severely outgear you, you'll be able to tank their initial burst and watch them flop around trying to kill you while you still have Bloom, Flourish, and Shadow life.

EDIT: Spam spacebar and be sporadic with your movements for maximum rogue butthurt. Exploit the fact he has to be in melee range.
    Last edited by Emprahh; 05-14-2011 at 11:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread