+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Necrolock versus SC/Ele?

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Last thing I wanted to add in about the Pyro/Ele. It still can't be test fully as Inferno can never be used. That's a nice bit of DPS loss right there.
    Should go run GSB and be pyro on every fight, that'll be fun. I would also like to see if pyro has more severe mana problems than SC, because CB does take A LOT of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    Should go run GSB and be pyro on every fight, that'll be fun. I would also like to see if pyro has more severe mana problems than SC, because CB does take A LOT of mana.
    Oh I do use pyro ele in gsb. I hate how the electrify stacks work, the bug that makes all stacks stack together and the cd reset whenever anyone casts it. My guild just started in on gsb and on the first fight it takes us just over 7 mins to down the boss. At most I have to use a mana pot, or just use channel elements. The 100% mana regen while standing in a ground is great, on heavy movement fights I do use channel elements a lot though as I don't get my grounds.

Oh I do use pyro ele in gsb. I hate how the electrify stacks work, the bug that makes all stacks stack together and the cd reset whenever anyone casts it. My guild just started in on gsb and on the first fight it takes us just over 7 mins to down the boss. At most I have to use a mana pot, or just use channel elements. The 100% mana regen while standing in a ground is great, on heavy movement fights I do use channel elements a lot though as I don't get my grounds.
    Do you have a parse for that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    Do you have a parse for that fight?
    I don't generally run my parse during raids as my pc lags like crazy. Others are able to use theres so I go off what they tell me. Raid buffed I'm at ~1k sp and ~700 crit, not the best geared, but on the first boss I average between 900-950 DPS. My highest crit has been 4.95k with a CB. If my PC didn't lag to kingdom come then I would be able to actually use my parser. :-(

Edit: For the time being you are able to reset IE's cd with HW, so you can get a total of 30 seconds of IE's 50% damage buff every 2 minutes. I fully expect this to be fixed soon so don't get to attached to it. ;-)
    Last edited by Artorous; 05-01-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
    Do we have a list of spellpower coefficients? As far as I'm aware, SC/Ele scales best with multiple people in a party (At least, on live it does), but that's about as far as their scaling goes. I don't see any reason that Stormcaller should/will scale better than any other particular spec. I've actually noticed that Cinder Burst scales EXTREMELY well, making Pyromancer's Armor a very worthwhile proc. A few of the Pyromancer abilities are also based off of crit, meaning the higher Crit chance we get, the more often we see those procs (Combust does a HELL of a lot of damage if it has multiple stacks on the test shard. If you can get a rolling 3-stack of that... *Whistles*) So if anything, Pyromancer will start seeing increased numbers with more and more gear.
    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/rift-spell-efficients/
    Last edited by Koramar; 05-01-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Rift Chaser

What was your Necromancer / Warlock build and rotation?

Shield of Telara

Why are people advocating refreshing electrify with raging storm (or thunderbolt)? forked seems like easily the highest damage option to me.

Anyway from what I've seen from my entry level raid guild (no raid gear) pyro doesn't come close to competing dps wise with sc/ele. 900-950 on the first boss doesn't really cut it when an SC with just expert gear and no witchstone can easily do 1300+ on the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Why are people advocating refreshing electrify with raging storm (or thunderbolt)? forked seems like easily the highest damage option to me.

Anyway from what I've seen from my entry level raid guild (no raid gear) pyro doesn't come close to competing dps wise with sc/ele. 900-950 on the first boss doesn't really cut it when an SC with just expert gear and no witchstone can easily do 1300+ on the same.
    Unless that SC/Ele is AoEing the adds, no he's not. Sorry, but it's not going to happen. Lmao

Shield of Telara

Unless that SC/Ele is AoEing the adds, no he's not. Sorry, but it's not going to happen. Lmao
    So what you're saying is unless people cast attack spells they won't parse well? Got it.

Telaran

Actually 1300 is a low parse (even without raid gear). I'm in t2 only and I consistantly do 1400+ single target.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Repulse View Post
    Actually 1300 is a low parse (even without raid gear). I'm in t2 only and I consistantly do 1400+ single target.
    Single target? Or single target with adds? Cause if it's pure single target I don't believe you. Post a parse.

Single target? Or single target with adds? Cause if it's pure single target I don't believe you. Post a parse.
    That's what I was talking about in my other post. Unless he is AoEing then his DPS won't be near that, and if he's AoEing then he can't say it's Single Target DPS. If I wanted to AoE I could change my spec around to actually have AoE attacks, talking about my Pyro/Ele, but I'm in the group that sticks to the boss and nothing else so I don't actually need to have any AoE. If I'm in an AoE fight then I change to SC/Ele.

Shield of Telara

Why wouldn't you AE as a mage when you're the highest AE damage role in the game?

Anyway, you are the one who told me I was a liar. I didn't say anything about single target. It is extremely safe to assume that a mage is AEing on the first boss in GS since there are ****loads of adds and mages are the best at wiping them out.

But I agree with you that 1400 single target on a T2 equipped SC is not possible.

Well I did 1300 DPS on Johlen with no archon...

And forked lightning does hit harder than thunderbolt, but Raging storm hits pretty hard and and ticks every second. So if you get 3 2k crits its 2k DPS.

Why wouldn't you AE as a mage when you're the highest AE damage role in the game?

Anyway, you are the one who told me I was a liar. I didn't say anything about single target. It is extremely safe to assume that a mage is AEing on the first boss in GS since there are ****loads of adds and mages are the best at wiping them out.

But I agree with you that 1400 single target on a T2 equipped SC is not possible.
    We have many mages in our raid, we designate groups to do certain things. There is a group that has SC/Ele's in it to AoE the trash, but the Boss needs to be hit too. Mobs constantly spawn, so having all of the Mages swap off the boss every time is not really needed, especially when you can take them down in no time anyway. The only time I am needed to swap off the target is to maybe kill a ground fairy before a kite phase, other than that I am sitting in my GoP doing nothing but nuking the boss. We don't have problems with adds so I don't need to help them AoE.

I didn't call you a liar, or at least I'm sure I didn't quote you, I called the other guy a liar for saying he does 1300+ dps single target. That's simply not going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast