+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancer's Armor + Opportunity: Working as intended?

Plane Touched

Default Pyromancer's Armor + Opportunity: Working as intended?

It seems as though if you cast Cinderburst when PA procs it consumes the buff from Opportunity as well.

Telaran

I have noticed that. I hope it is not as intended. Hope they fix it.

Not to mention PA is supposed to have equal proc chance as opp, when in reality opp procs FAR greater than PA. So I'd say PA is simply broken by itself, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1986 View Post
    Not to mention PA is supposed to have equal proc chance as opp, when in reality opp procs FAR greater than PA. So I'd say PA is simply broken by itself, as well.
    PA only procs off of damaging Fire spells, Opportunity procs off all spell casts.
    And yes I was noticing the same thing.. there are a number of spells that consume Opportunity that shouldn't.

Soulwalker

Default Correct

Quote Originally Posted by FellintoOblivion View Post
    It seems as though if you cast Cinderburst when PA procs it consumes the buff from Opportunity as well.
    I'm hoping it's working as intended. Pyros are already OP as it is. (I am one). If I could Fireball you until Opportunity procs, throw out Cinder Burst, and then have Pryomancer's Armor proc on that spell...Wow, instant death on that poor soul. It needs to stay the way it is right now. Yes, PvE DPS would go way up, but we need to keep PvP in mind here for "out of this world" DPS that this would create if changed to be separate.

I'm sure the developers at one time had it on separate counters, and I'm sure they just explained what I did, and that is why it is as it is now.

Champion

I assume it's working as intended simply because Opportunity procs don't stack, so it would make sense that other insta-cast procs wouldn't stack either.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

just use fireball on opportunity procs and cinderburst on PA procs and it will never double dip. cinderburst should stay on cooldown forever anyways so no reason to use opportunity on it unless you haven't had a PA proc in this rotation yet...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

If you spec into healing slipstream for chloro, bloom and flourish also consume the opportunity proc even though they are technically "instant cast"

All of these Opportunity bugs have literally been around since beta 4. Lets see how much longer it will take them to fix.

Rift Disciple

I think it may have something to do with the base cast time of the spell. Opp gets consumed by an instant bloom or flourish too, but not a ruin or radiant spores.

Flev

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    PA only procs off of damaging Fire spells, Opportunity procs off all spell casts.
    And yes I was noticing the same thing.. there are a number of spells that consume Opportunity that shouldn't.
    If you are 51 pyro what spells are you casting that aren't fire? PA is not 10% chance, at least not the same 10% chance that opp is. I've had opp proc 5x in a row, 4x a couple of times and 3x is kind of common.

Try getting PA to proc back to back. And I think there's even an issue if does, like you can't proc PA on a CB cast using PA or it eats the proc or something. Not entirely sure.

Either way, simple test, spam fireball on a dummy, and record how many procs of each you get. Opp will proc significantly more, I guarantee it.

Telaran

PA feels like it procs 10% of the time. Opp feels like it procs 35% of the time....for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    All of these Opportunity bugs have literally been around since beta 4. Lets see how much longer it will take them to fix.
    Good point... Usually a pretty good sign they are working as intended.

+ Reply to Thread