+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 Stormcaller Survival Guide

Default 1.2 Stormcaller Survival Guide

Spent the day on the Alpha playing with Stormcaller, here are the results:

1.2 Stormcaller Survival Guide
    Last edited by bluedot; 04-30-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Rift Chaser

Read all that and am already aware of the change.

Here's my thought.

If I spit in someone's face, and they go headbutt a boss and the spit gets on the boss, does the spit belong to me or the person that I spit on?

Same difference. This change is illogical and the worst dps nerf they could possibly do to our class.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchews View Post
    If I spit in someone's face, and they go headbutt a boss and the spit gets on the boss, does the spit belong to me or the person that I spit on?
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Mind if i put this in my sig?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx2112 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Mind if i put this in my sig?
    Go for it.

Ascendant

Read all that and am already aware of the change.

Here's my thought.

Same difference. This change is illogical and the worst dps nerf they could possibly do to our class.
    so... if my archon give the whole raid a +10% damage buff, do I get 10% of the whole raid damage assigned to me?
    if I debuff the boss damage by 5% do I get those 5% heals that arent needed anymore assigned to me?
    you are just giving people a buff wich proc damage, not doing the damage, like any other support ability you wont get any reward for how people use your buff.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    so... if my archon give the whole raid a +10% damage buff, do I get 10% of the whole raid damage assigned to me?
    if I debuff the boss damage by 5% do I get those 5% heals that arent needed anymore assigned to me?
    you are just giving people a buff wich proc damage, not doing the damage, like any other support ability you wont get any reward for how people use your buff.
    The archon soul is defined as a support role, like a bard.

The stormcaller soul is defined as a dps role. The spit in the analogy is your Static that you are discharging onto other people. It is still your static, much like spit. The static didnt magically come from no where just like if I spit in your face and said it was yours, you wouldnt take that as a proper answer. In fact, you'd probably be pissed because you'd know full well that spit didn't come from you.
    Last edited by Matchews; 04-29-2011 at 01:51 AM.

So people are just crying because they wont get the big numbers on Parsers. Nice joke.
    Hopeless Cleric - Whitefall >_>
    Fateless Warrior - Whitefall <_<

Inglorious Basterd

Shadowlander

cheers for the effort u put there bluedot

Mage of Nisroc, currently 7/11 HK.

Recruiting is open for a HK ready Rogue click the link above or contact me ingame

Ascendant

The stormcaller soul is defined as a dps role. The spit in the analogy is your Static that you are discharging onto other people. It is still your static, much like spit. The static didnt magically come from no where just like if I spit in your face and said it was yours, you wouldnt take that as a proper answer. In fact, you'd probably be pissed because you'd know full well that spit didn't come from you.
    its a _BUFF_, buffs get used by their recipient, not their casters.
    dont use stupid faux analogies as proof of your idiotic pseudologic, a buff is a buff.
    what about a pyro int buff so? its a dps role, it uses his flames, so where do you spit then?
    Last edited by Ruizo; 04-29-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

I clicked this thread expecting a writeup of how to survive in 1.2 PvP as a stormcaller. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be about some random skill in PvE that never mattered outside of epeen measuring.

I mean okay, I'm sure you have an audience for something like this, but jeez, title it a bit more appropriately next time?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

^^ this exactly TBH I don't like seeing my numbers jump up the way they did when I hit static. It isnt my true DPS.
    PVP is the end-game!
    Decap - 38 rogue Deepstrike(g)
    Konga - 50 warrior Deepstrike(d)
    Renics - 43 Cleric Deepstrike(g)
    Kinetics - 50 Mage Deepstrike(g)

Rift Chaser

its a _BUFF_, buffs get used by their recipient, not their casters.
    dont use stupid faux analogies as proof of your idiotic pseudologic, a buff is a buff.
    what about a pyro int buff so? its a dps role, it uses his flames, so where do you spit then?
    It's not a buff, a buff increases stats or damage percentages. It's an attack that is proc'd with abilities up to 10 times.

If you grabbed a live electical wire and started to get zapped, then you touch someone else and they get zapped because you have that wire. Is it you that's creating that electricity or is it the wire? It's the wire(Mage) obviously and the wire(Mage) should be held responsible for the damage, all you are is the conductor not the creator.
    Last edited by Matchews; 04-29-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Shadowlander

For me the big difference between Static Discharge and say Archon buffing 10% of damage is that static discharge says YOU add 25 air damage to each attack. Other buffs say you increase THEIR damage by X%.

The biggest hit in this is for the raid. It sucks that my numbers will no longer reflect my benefit to the raid but I hope they will realize the extra we add, but our proc numbers are going from 300+ to under 50 on melee. This will lead to stacking mages in groups or clerics in which case you get less casts per encounter. On a 4 minute fight a few SC are only going to get to pop their cooldown 1 time.

The prebuffing of SD may have been a bug but it would still have been just as effective as long as it went off of the mages stats. I d have Intesify elements up for 15s which would probably be most of the hits as well as static flux.

Rift Disciple

You should, yes. Unfortunately, the combat log doesn't support this level of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    I clicked this thread expecting a writeup of how to survive in 1.2 PvP as a stormcaller. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be about some random skill in PvE that never mattered outside of epeen measuring.

I mean okay, I'm sure you have an audience for something like this, but jeez, title it a bit more appropriately next time?
    I read you post expecting a legitimate comment/complaint about my post. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be some about some random PvPer who doesn't use an incredibly overpowered spell.

I mean okay, I'm sure there are a few people who care about PvP, but jeez, SC in PvP is a 2 button rotation, do you really need a guide?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast