+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcallers and lesser/greater essences

Default Stormcallers and lesser/greater essences

So what Greater essences are you running in your aoe spec? I currently have 6 epic lessers in my core, and I was curious if any of the greaters are worth it and have a decent chance to proc. Specifically Tsunami Tidesource, the earth one, and I believe there's an epic greater that does fire damage.

Also, what are DPS mages running for single target?

There seems to be a bug where if you slot a lesser into a greater slot, you cannot replace it with a greater, anyone run into this problem?

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Nobody can answer this? I'm really curious about the proc rates on these being affected by AOE, and I couldn't find any information on the forums at all

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Telaran

Unless you plan on using the SC 50 inscribed sourcestone greater just use all epic lessers.

Shield of Telara

yeah epic int lessers is the way to go

Tsunami Tidesource has a near 100% uptime when consistently casting, making it better than almost every lesser, assuming you value SP over the other stats. I'm not sure what these other guys are doing, but I've spent the plat swapping between lessers and using greaters, and noticed better DPS when using the greaters. The 2 greaters I use are Tsunami Tidesource and Smoldering Flamesource.

The flamesource I'm not 100% sure on. I switched a nice lesser in for it and did a run where I noticed a dps loss during times where I didn't have static discharge up, but a dps increase during static discharge. (Obviously these were very minor and technically could be variance) So I switched back into the Smoldering Flamesource as I prefer consistency.

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilzon View Post
    Tsunami Tidesource has a near 100% uptime when consistently casting, making it better than almost every lesser, assuming you value SP over the other stats. I'm not sure what these other guys are doing, but I've spent the plat swapping between lessers and using greaters, and noticed better DPS when using the greaters. The 2 greaters I use are Tsunami Tidesource and Smoldering Flamesource.

The flamesource I'm not 100% sure on. I switched a nice lesser in for it and did a run where I noticed a dps loss during times where I didn't have static discharge up, but a dps increase during static discharge. (Obviously these were very minor and technically could be variance) So I switched back into the Smoldering Flamesource as I prefer consistency.

I hope this helps!
    That is interesting to hear, especially since the epic lessers are just that, consistent. Considering both the flamesource and tsunami only go for a few play on my server I'll probably give them a try, however I still don't know if +25 sp is worth replacing a Pyro spark which is what I have slotted

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    That is interesting to hear, especially since the epic lessers are just that, consistent. Considering both the flamesource and tsunami only go for a few play on my server I'll probably give them a try, however I still don't know if +25 sp is worth replacing a Pyro spark which is what I have slotted
    Pyro Spark
    - 17 Int (8.5 SP, 17 Spell Crit, 170 Mana)
    - 12 Wisdom (6 SP, some regen)
    - 14 Fire Resist
    - 9 Spell Power

Total - 23.5 SP, 17 crit

Vs.

Tsunami Tidesource
    -25 Spell Power

Total - 25 SP

The only Greater that I have seen that looks good is the one that you get in Alpha that gives 175 SP and reduces by 20% per spell cast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    Pyro Spark
    - 17 Int (8.5 SP, 17 Spell Crit, 170 Mana)
    - 12 Wisdom (6 SP, some regen)
    - 14 Fire Resist
    - 9 Spell Power

Total - 23.5 SP, 17 crit

Vs.

Tsunami Tidesource
    -25 Spell Power

Total - 25 SP

The only Greater that I have seen that looks good is the one that you get in Alpha that gives 175 SP and reduces by 20% per spell cast.
    Thanks for this, makes it much easier to decide. Any input on the flamsource, or the purple one that does fire damage on proc?

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Thanks for this, makes it much easier to decide. Any input on the flamsource, or the purple one that does fire damage on proc?
    Can't say I've actually used one.

http://img546.imageshack.us/i/adorned.jpg/
    Last edited by TheRealCheesy; 04-29-2011 at 11:10 AM.

That is interesting to hear, especially since the epic lessers are just that, consistent.
    I was referring to sustained DPS vs burst DPS. The flamesource appeared to increase my sustained dps more but lessened my burst capability with Static Discharge, since it's a proc item.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbohydrate View Post
    Unless you plan on using the SC 50 inscribed sourcestone greater just use all epic lessers.
    I was thinking about this too.

Anyone have the math behind the sc 50 inscribed sourcestone? Or would slotting 6 lessers be better? Maybe 5 lessers and that greater?

Rift Master

I use the lvl 50 Tsunami Tidesource, it's decent and up all the time. Of course an epic is going to be better than a lvl 42 Greater you can buy off the AH.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 04-29-2011 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread