+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's best dps trinket?

Default What's best dps trinket?

Hey I was wondering what's the best dps trinket that drops from an expert? I currently have Forlorn Crystal (chance to do 241-262 earth damage) equipped and I have an Archmage's Phylactery (bunch of stats) and Bile-Soaked Tome (chance for 60 spell power for 15 seconds) in my inventory. I'm just not sure what I should be using and what I should be shooting for since it doesn't show percent chances and I really don't want to sit in front of a training dummy for a couple hours figuring it out.
    Last edited by Kojiden; 04-27-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Shield of Telara

The one from Majolic in AP. Gob of Crystallized Blood.
    Last edited by sakkath; 04-27-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Telaran

Bile soaked tome is 60 spell crit, idk if that was a typo or not.

best dps trinket from a T2 is prolly in my opinion glob of crystalized blood from majolic in AP

Glob of Crystallized Blood.
    Last edited by TheRealCheesy; 04-28-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Glob of Crystallized Blood

Ya typo and thanks.

I suggest to farm Codex reputation in Order to get the trinket. thats the only trinket which is better than GoCB, except the Alsbeth Trinket.
    Xai | Guildleader <of the Fortress > Eu-de Truebkopf

Telaran

Exactly what xaida said. Codex one is better than the Blood trinket from AP but not by a huge margin but can be farmed solo instead of in a grp where melee clerics take it from you.

Rift Master

Disagree. As long as proc trinkets dont have internal cooldowns, the bonlords trinket is the best till the gsb one that is more sp.

codex revered > gob (similar trinket tho and gob is easier to get).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post
    Disagree. As long as proc trinkets dont have internal cooldowns, the bonlords trinket is the best till the gsb one that is more sp.
    I did several tests with long fights and the dps was about the same for both bonelords trinket and GoCB. The difference is with GoCB, you get to choose when the extra dps comes into play, which is important in many boss fights.

Shadowlander

The best trinket in the game is definitely the 1 from Prince Hylas in Greenscale's Blight.
    It grants you a chance when casting spell to increase Spell power by 65. I checked it and it has 90-100% uptime
    If you are chloro the same boss drops 1 that gives 88 spell power but only when u heal

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    The best trinket in the game is definitely the 1 from Prince Hylas in Greenscale's Blight.
    It grants you a chance when casting spell to increase Spell power by 65. I checked it and it has 90-100% uptime
    If you are chloro the same boss drops 1 that gives 88 spell power but only when u heal
    The trinket off of Hylas would only work on a chloro's bloom/flourish type spells. Most of their healing comes from their dps, so a spellpower proc trinket should be based on damage spells as opposed to healing spells for a chloro.

Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post

Agree from experience. I used to have the Bonelords Luck proc trinket from eIT. Has a very high uptime meaning that it is almost always up in a battle. Paired with a Tsunami Tidesource Greater Essense stone was almost always a constant 67 SP every battle. I upgarded it to the Royal Focusing Crystal from Hylas and its almost up as often as Bonelords was. So now between the Royal Focusing Crystal and the greater essence its a nearly constant 90 SP bonus all the time. I can see the value in an on demand use bonus but more times than not when I had one like the Glob I would forget to use it so it was really a wasted slot. The chance to proc items you don't have to remember to use them or wait for cool downs. I would estimate that Bonelord's Luck / Royal Focusing Crystal have an up time of roughly 80% for boss fights. Bonelord's Luck is 42 SP for 15 seconds and the Royal is 65 SP. Royal Focusing Crystal can be considered best in slot currently and many times refreshes before duration expires.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus0014 View Post
    The trinket off of Hylas would only work on a chloro's bloom/flourish type spells. Most of their healing comes from their dps, so a spellpower proc trinket should be based on damage spells as opposed to healing spells for a chloro.
    Nope Life Giving Veil can proc healing effects. Happens with Greater Sourcestones and with several other trinkets like the one from DSM and the one from GSM. But think they are doing something to them in 1.2 that they wont proc as often because our main chlor picked up the Royal Focusing Crystal last night from Hylas to use after the patch comes out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast