+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What things would u like to see in chloro to make 51 worthwhile?

Shield of Telara

Default What things would u like to see in chloro to make 51 worthwhile?

As everyone knows investing more than 30 some odd points in chloro, not only brings you no benefit whatsoever but it actually hurts your ability to heal. Here are some things that I would like to see with Chloro to make it a worthwhile class to invest 51 points into. Other Chloro's feel free to make your suggestions known.

Life Giving Shell - Change this to an armor buff that absorbs a percentage of the damage done to the Chloromancer and converts it to mana damage. 20% sounds like a good start and have it regen 1% of the casters mana each tick.

Empathic Bond - Have this skill moved to the 51 point skill and change it to a minor version of synthesis that can be casted on the mage or whoever they choose, besides the target of synthesis. Have it double the healing provided by life-giving veil, so that it offers chloro's a better ability to heal themselves but doesnt make them overpowered.

Improved Radient Spores - Changes radient spores so that it also offers a chance to dispel a harmful effect on the individual that deals damage to the target.

A passive skill at 36 points that increases the dmg that Chloro's deal with life damage by 2% for each point invested past 36.

Change Blight to be more like natural splendor but that it would debuff an npc for 30 seconds and whenever a heal or heal over time would be casted on the npc it would be redirected to the synthesis target.

Champion

you loose alot by not having 32 points in warlock or archon, alot. im not gonna list it all its just too much.

you gain some talents i dont care about and get 2 skills that have 2 min CDs that consume your charge.

you would have to gain at minimum something to compensate for the 16-20% damage youll loose all the time. a 36 point root ability would accomplish this but it IMHO should be around 30% total with 51 points invested.

that sounds lke alot but the 15 points your left with wont get you much in warlock, with arcon you could still get power management, your 4 archon buffs, and crumbling resistance for 5mans but would loose all the nifty stuff. both cases youll be out the direct damage boost and alot of utility. youd loose waning power and flaring power wich is what i use when i really want to crank out heals, both of these combined give +25% spellpower.

on top of that id like a purge (since you wont have purging flames), instant group cure instead of single target, some type of shield(to replace consuming flames, i use this before every pull), and some type of HOT other than corrosion, maybe somethign along the lines of what sentinals get converting overheals on natures touch or something. all of this might be a bit much, but some would be mandatory.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Plane Touched

Improved Radient Spores - Changes radient spores so that it also offers a chance to dispel a harmful effect on the individual that deals damage to the target.

A passive skill at 36 points that increases the dmg that Chloro's deal with life damage by 2% for each point invested past 36.
    Those are the 2 I agree with right off the bat.

Additionally, it'd be interesting to drop the 51 point root ability, and replace it with something truly appealing. Rather than a situational cooldown, why not a passive? Something as basic as a passive permitting all ticks of DoTs to heal would be huge. Would make nature's corrosion that much more appealing from a healing standpoint, and would make withering vines much more powerful.

Then again, I almost feel like the DoT thing may end up a bit overpowered. But I agree, if they want us to dip deeper in chloro, at least the passive to increase chloro damage or even all healing, by a set % per point spent above 36 is a start.

Some sort of absorb/heal/damage reduction tank cooldown type spell.
    Last edited by TheRealCheesy; 04-27-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Soulwalker

Default 44 Point Chloro

I haven't used it yet, being level 33. However if this recieves normal life damage conversion to healing for Lifegiving Veil, I believe this should/could be the 51 pointer. Unless you are really asking for another direct heal. What I was looking at and thought would be interesting, is if you went 44 in Chloro, and then you have 22 left over right? Well going 21 into Elementalist gives improved elementals... so maybe there could be a mage pet that heals? A life elemental. Either independent of you or doing damage and healing through your lifegiving veil. I think having a worthwhile pet for most trees is a good idea. Some people hate the idea of spending 21 in ele for a tank pet. But I feel that after level 30, the elementalist tree is almost thrown away. (Except for Stormcallers) Maybe a life elemental is one too many, but I feel if there are 6 elements in the game... shouldn't we have the opportunity to use them all?

I realize that this may take a lot of work and balancing through all trees and most likely won't even be read by a dev. But hey, entertain the thought? It could bring us there. Since it wouldn't exactly unbalance us since you wouldn't always "actively" control your elemental.

Also, I like that going 51 isn't a neccesity because then I get more than 15 points to put somewhere else. Like Archon or *crosses fingers* one day, Elementalist.

aux

Short cooldowns on the 44 and 51 point skills will do the trick.

Also, a talent that decreases cast times, even if it's just for Nature's Touch. 2.5 sec cast + 1 sec projectile travel time = fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    I'm so BORED

Champion

The 51 skill should be an upgraded Vile Spore skills so that it's essentially a stronger, spammable life-damage nuke. Essentially, make it much easier to main-heal if you have the 51-point skill, but not necessary to be an off-healer.

44 skill should some sort of direct heal. It's kind of a pain only getting to rely on Bloom and Flourish, not to mention you get those really early on and then get no other direct heal (other than your long CD heal).

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

I'm happy with 51 chloro. I play it extensively and Void Life is one of my favorite mage skills in any soul. Situational yes, but in the right situation it wrecks everything it hits.

That said, there's a simpler solution to applying a +x% per skill point spent.

Move Phytogenesis and Nature's Corrosion to tier 1, move Accelerated Growth to tier 3. Change Accelerated Growth to give +.1%-.5% additional life damage per skill point spent in Chloromancer.

This change may become necessary if the LGV bugfix turns out to nerf chloro's splash healing.

The problem I see with making a change like this is that it almost certainly requires a nerf to Natural Awareness, and I gotta tell you, I like the crit Natural Awareness gives me. I wouldn't want to give that up even if it meant a base damage bonus.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

withering vines - instant cast, off GCD, 6s CD, may only be used after a crit on a mob who has radiant spores active on it. OR, keep vines the same and:
    improved withering vines (1/3) gives your ruin and vile spores a 10-20-30% chance to summon withering vines if attacking a mob affected by radiant spores.

25-28pt ability, your lifegiving veil now heals for x% more for every x points in chloromancer. In addition, for every 10 points above 31 your lifegiving veil now heals 1 additional party member (so a max of +3, meaning 8 total, at 51pts..31pt makes it +1, 41, +2, 51 +3)

44pt aoe nuke with a medium aoe heal and medium aoe HOT, shorter cooldown, works on 10 member?).. maybe 1 min CD?

51 - shrug. i dunno this one. i'd like something that works only on the synthesis target though.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Short cooldowns on the 44 and 51 point skills will do the trick.

Also, a talent that decreases cast times, even if it's just for Nature's Touch. 2.5 sec cast + 1 sec projectile travel time = fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    ^ This.

Maybe:

"Does This Rag Smell Like Chloroform To You?"
    Requires 51 points in Chloromancer
    After casting any Life damage spell, your cast time on your next Life damage spell is reduced by 1.0s. Lasts 6s.

Name is an obvious lack of creativity, but it would continue the "never stop casting" mantra while giving a very large benefit.

There would also have to be some filler root talents, preferably around the 38, 42 and 44 markers, that give some survival CD's to compensate for the lack of Shadow Life and Neddra's Essence. Going 51 Chl/15 War would still give you Magical Affiinity, Opportunity and Vitality. The reduced cast time and a few root absorbs/damage reduction procs would compensate slightly for the loss of Dark Power and Improved Warlock Armor.

Maybe give a new type of Armor that increases mana regeneration by 50% during Entropic Veil.

What chloro needs is something to help us deal with spike damage. If the tank takes a huge hit, we have little available to deal with it. We only have 2 fast, direct heal spells, both on cooldown and one of them lowers our damage (and therefore healing) after using it. Our main healing spell Nature's Touch has a cooldown AND a long cast time, making it impossible to use in an "Oh Sh**" situation. Something with a short cast time and short cooldown just to get us through until we can get off a nature's touch or bloom is off cooldown again would be great. Maybe even an ability that would let us insta-cast NT in an emergency similar to what pyro armor does for cinderburst except controllable and with a cooldown.
    Last edited by Phated; 04-28-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Plane Walker

In order to make Chloromancers more viable for PvP there definately needs to be something that ups their self healing. Synth is incredibly powerful for keeping a friend alive, but in any situation where you have to keep yourself up you're just freaking useless as a Chloromancer, since you can't heal yourself worth squat.

Also their 44 and 51 point talents just have too huge of a cooldown. When you take a class to 44-51 you expect something out of it that becomes a defining presence in your play style, something you can cast often and that offers a serious upgrade to everything you do. With Chloromancers that isn't the case. You get two powerful attacks with a massive cooldown, which are nice and all, but building a character around stuff with a 2 minute cooldown just isn't fun.

Also a 51 Chloromancer just needs to do 30% more damage than a 21 Chloromancer, because if you go 21/30 Chlorolock you do better healing just because you get those extra 20% damage, 5% more crit and opportunity. As long as high end Chloromancer is actually worse at healing as a chlorolock it will never really be a viable spec.
    Last edited by Ebethil; 04-28-2011 at 09:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread