+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Simple fix for GOS? no really, this should do it.. honestly

Plane Touched

Default Simple fix for GOS? no really, this should do it.. honestly

I appreciate the tweak to GoS for 1.2, but I am convinced the anti-CC still makes the ability unbalanced (i'm trying not to use the word OP, do'h I said it).

My simple fix is to take the 1.2 changes AND add in a duration + CD for GoS. Lets say 30 sec use then a 30 sec cool down.

They pyro can use ground of power (the other) when GoS is on cool down, which IIRC doesn't have the anti-CC (but has a +damage buff).

This would make GoS still desirable but not unbalanced and they must switch between the Grounds for maximum efficiency..

/solved.
    Last edited by Pyrolytic; 04-27-2011 at 03:18 AM.
    "Awesome group seeks 4 more"

Sword of Telara

well i agree,anything that will make this ability weaker is a must.

edit:
    i just wanted to add that anything that grants CC immune is pure insanity.
    in other games you would be lucky to get 15 sec CC immune on 2 minute CD
    Last edited by Nodisplay; 04-27-2011 at 03:20 AM.

pro

Then no one will worry about casting grounds at all there is reason u never see lvl 50s using GoP our damage is high enough without and standing one spot for a whole fight will just make someone fear u out of it and kill you even faster so if a cd was added it would never be used we will just flicker out of cc and heal any damage and nuke you down

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Then no one will worry about casting grounds at all there is reason u never see lvl 50s using GoP our damage is high enough without and standing one spot for a whole fight will just make someone fear u out of it and kill you even faster so if a cd was added it would never be used we will just flicker out of cc and heal any damage and nuke you down
    I think you are missing the point here.

Giving GoS a duration of 30 secs and a CD of 30 secs would mean you couldn't be immune to CC indefinitely; the main reason why it was unbalanced.

Adding a duration and CD would encourage Pyro's to use their other ground spell, which as you clearly stated is rarely used. This change would encourage it's use, which is a good thing. Pyro's aren't exactly know for using many of their skills at the moment and from my experiences of playing one (alt). FACEROLL /cough

Sword of Telara

tell me what do you think about this
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...gestion-to-GoS

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    tell me what do you think about this
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...gestion-to-GoS
    Yep, same sort of idea using the duration + CD principle.

All trion needs to do is tweak the duration and CD and we are set.

Shadowlander

Hello, I'm a mage. I am a caster wearing tiny bits of cloth as protection from the warrios mighty swords. When fighting dragons with my friends I have the luxury to stand at range together with my mending medics, I rarely get hurt! When fighting other players I don't have to run away. I am a shield. I am mage. I will never run away from any warrior. Why would I? You cannot fear me, you cannot immobolize me, you cannot hurt me. I am mage. I am a caster, yet I stand in the frontlines with my heavy cloth armor and my devastating totem. I stun whoever comes near me with my fire and knocks them out with one single blow. I am mage.
    My life is good.

I think Trion has proved that no amount of QQ is going to get the CC immunity nerfed, despite the ability being changed to near garbage in 1.2 now.

You guys really need to find something new to QQ about, because you are now beating a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by demonize View Post
    Hello, I'm a mage. I am a caster wearing tiny bits of cloth as protection from the warrios mighty swords. When fighting dragons with my friends I have the luxury to stand at range together with my mending medics, I rarely get hurt! When fighting other players I don't have to run away. I am a shield. I am mage. I will never run away from any warrior. Why would I? You cannot fear me, you cannot immobolize me, you cannot hurt me. I am mage. I am a caster, yet I stand in the frontlines with my heavy cloth armor and my devastating totem. I stun whoever comes near me with my fire and knocks them out with one single blow. I am mage.
    My life is good.

I really hope there are pyros stupid enough to try this after 1.2 with your -20% damage (with valor factored in) and your 12% mitigation. If pyros died fast before with 30% mitigation and broken steelweave's +15% to all mitigation, you can bet that 1.2 is going to nip that in the bud. 1.2 will now see a total decrease of 22% physical mitigation and 33% magical mitigation nerf to pyro survivability. With them still having the lowest HP of any class in the game, a pyro who thinks he can tank is in for a really rude awakening. Stormcallers, warlocks, and elementalists will have better damage mitigation than a 51 pyro.

People think mages were happy with pyros the way there were too, but keep forgetting that we have to fight them just as well as you do. Now deep spec pyros will be even more of a joke. WTB video of two pyros fulminating eachother. Should be amusing.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-27-2011 at 04:38 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Plane Touched

All the rogues and dominator rely on CC to be remotely effective in PvP.

Why should one class get 100% unlimited immunity?

Duration + CD solves this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolytic View Post
    All the rogues and dominator rely on CC to be remotely effective in PvP.

Why should one class get 100% unlimited immunity?

Duration + CD solves this.
    Because apparently Trion has deemed it so lol

And no, not all rogues crutch CC to kill people. Bad rogues do.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post

The best rogues use all their abilities, including a reliance on CC for snare (yes CC is controlling the run speed of your opponent), stun, silence or to blind that add.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post

first time that TheLeviathan is right.

edit:
    the best "CC" that rogues will use is 4 sec stun(if assassin) and slows,maybe 1 interrupt each 1 minute(LOLZ)
    Last edited by Nodisplay; 04-27-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolytic View Post
    The best rogues use all their abilities, including a reliance on CC for snare (yes CC is controlling the run speed of your opponent), stun, silence or to blind that add.
    There's a difference between using it, and relying on it. Relying on it implies you can't kill anyone without it. I know a few rogues that would beg to differ with that opinion.

And how would you know if I was right? The way you create QQ posts on a daily basis leads me to believe you can't kill anyone but other scrub rogues.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-27-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Plane Touched

edit:
    the best "CC" that rogues will use is 4 sec stun(if assassin) and slows,maybe 1 interrupt each 1 minute(LOLZ)
    Pure sin can be kited easily, hence why their CC is required (even by the best sin's).

Prophet of Telara

Since it seems that the idea behind the ability is to create an unmovable artillery turret...
    Give the spell a 5s cast time, and 10s recast. This way there's an opportunity for people to use interrupts to prevent it from being laid down in the middle of combat - but it's not too restrictive that it can't be recast during a fight if necessary.

I'm good with seeing at least the stun component removed, as at least now you can apply pressure to take them down as a group. But the ability still needs a repeatable counter outside of 'zerg the pyro till they die'.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast