+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stormcaller DPS Rotations

Zah
    Telaran

Default Stormcaller DPS Rotations

Hey guys, my guild recently downed Infiltrator, but after checking parsers, my DPS was pretty subpar in my opinion (was around 500-600 I think), although I died near the end of the fight for about 30 seconds to a minute. What should I be doing to constantly keep up DPS and the debuffs?

This is my build by the way: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Auz.VMxx0xcsbo

I open up with Raging Storm, as that's the fastest way to build 3 Electrified, then Ice Shear, then Icicle, then my macro of Lightning Strike followed by Thunderbolt. Exposure goes up if no one else has a better debuff.

Plane Touched

Honestly the rotation is pretty basic, it more or less a priority system while spamming lightning field

start with raging storm (on cooldown)
    ice shear (clip slightly before it ends)
    lightning strike (on cooldown)
    static charge (on cooldown)
    intensify elements (on cooldown)
    Keep up static flux every time you hit 90+ charge
    spam lightning field
    cast thunderbolt only to refresh electrified stacks when needed

you could try to work a hailstorm into your rotation instead of a lightning field before raging storm for a little more dps but its is very dependent on the mob not moving much

you could even use a macro like this to take out the worry of keeping everything on cooldown you need:

#show Lightning Field
    suppresmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Static Charge
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast Lightning Field
    Last edited by Demagogue; 04-10-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: *spelling

Zah
    Telaran

Why lightning field exactly? And is hypothermia really not needed?

Plane Touched

at least on single target hypothermia doesn't appear to provide much of a dps increase to thunderbolt to make it worth using over lightning field with no icicle cast. As for using lightning field over thunderbolt even with the increased mana cost it does better than then thunderbolt when you take into account that you will be using channel the elements.

In 1.1 it seems that lightning field had its base scaling factor adjusted slightly so I have found it to be an overall dps increase as compared to thunderbolt even with the difference in mana cost

edit: sorry tired, repeating myself a few times there
    Last edited by Demagogue; 04-10-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Zah
    Telaran

I'll test this out tomorrow.

Plane Touched

also Lightning field is instant which helps your DPS in high movement situations as well but if you let electrified fall off its a moot point. Definitely a system where you need to keep a close eye on your stacks and timers
    Last edited by Demagogue; 04-10-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Telaran

You probably could have searched through one of the other million posts on this subject... but anyway...

Read the tooltip of one of the 3-point talent Lightning Conductor.

Only a few spells are effected by Hypothermia - such as Forked Lightning, Thunderbolt & Raging Storm.

As you only cast Forked Lightning/Tbolt to refresh Electrified, or Raging Storm when its up, its been found that its not worth casting Arctic Blast/Icicles.

You will be using Cloudburst or Lightning Field 80%+ of the time (Depending on duration of the fight/mana usage etc.) Neither of which gain ANY damage from Hypothermia.

Our rotation is really simple, asides from Static Flux / Discharge / Intensify -
    Raging Storm (Or Forked/Thunderbolt x3)
    Ice Shear
    Lightning Strike (On Cooldown)
    Lightning Field Lightning Field Lightning Field Lightning Field Lightning Field Lightning Field
    Repeat.

Pretty simple, huh?

This is for SC/Ele.
    If you play SC/Lock, only difference is to only cast Lightning Strike, Arctic Blast or Hailstorm when you get an Opportunity Proc.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KooperT View Post
    Read the tooltip of one of the 3-point talent Lightning Conductor.

Only a few spells are effected by Hypothermia - such as Forked Lightning, Thunderbolt & Raging Storm.
    Besides, it's bugged for thunderbolt and raging storm, and does not provide anywhere near a +15% increase.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ballegrep View Post
    Besides, it's bugged for thunderbolt and raging storm, and does not provide anywhere near a +15% increase.
    So is the points in Lightning conductor just a filler? If you're not going to use Hypothermia why put points in there?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    So is the points in Lightning conductor just a filler? If you're not going to use Hypothermia why put points in there?
    Hypothermia still slows things down which can be helpful in pve and pvp

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Demagogue View Post
    Hypothermia still slows things down which can be helpful in pve and pvp
    If you're going to use it why not put the points in arctic chill or Wind Chill instead? Or just put it in improved electricute and Shell shock?

Rift Disciple

artic blast hit for alot 1000-1900 so defenetly worth casting after 3 stack electric basicly after thunderstorm

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by NexionSE View Post
    artic blast hit for alot 1000-1900 so defenetly worth casting after 3 stack electric basicly after thunderstorm
    We started talking about single target not aoe, in an aoe rotation then yea its worth it to cast arctic blast

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Demagogue View Post
    We started talking about single target not aoe, in an aoe rotation then yea its worth it to cast arctic blast
    Ok so the 3 points in lightning conductor is only there for extra dmg on AOEs?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    Ok so the 3 points in lightning conductor is only there for extra dmg on AOEs?
    The SC/ELE build is probably one of the top AOE builds in the game, there are some parses with dps up over 2800 in favourable circumstances. Having the3 extra aoe dps is definitely worth the 3 pts, I love it for my leather farming and for getting through the trash quickly in instances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast