+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp build

Shadowlander

Default pvp build

hello guys...i m new 50 lvl mage and id like if its easy to some1 share me the standard necro/lock build..... is it better btw to go 51 points on necro or would be better the 35/31?

Personally, I don't run a lock/necro pvp build, only for pve, but here is my opinion between full necro or half/half

51 Necro:
    If you want to be necro in pve, this is a decent build since you will have full use off all your pets. In pvp however, full necro doesn't give you any more "true" power than a moderate 30's build since the 30s build will focus on one pet (say the melee dps one). Also note, that a 51 build will cause you to loose a lot of caster damage that you would of had in the lock tree with little to no gain in the necro tree. In conclusion, the necro tree gives you the ability to changes to any pet in a given situation, but at the cost of personal damage

Half/Half:
    You will gain a lot of warlock damage, and even some of its cool CC/"oh ****" buttons, but at the cost of only being able to use one pet (though in my opinion, why would you not use the melee dps one in pvp....). At a high level stand point and from my limited experience as a lock/necro in pvp scenarios, this is the better option versus 51 necro.

Hope this gives you some high level insight on the situation. I'm sure more experienced people will comment though =). Just didn't want you to not get at least some answer.

P.S. make sure to put enough points in necro to get the stun that slows when pet does damage. I believe you need either 32 or 36 points (don't have a tree up atm). It is definitely worth it versus a melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by nikpower19 View Post
    hello guys...i m new 50 lvl mage and id like if its easy to some1 share me the standard necro/lock build..... is it better btw to go 51 points on necro or would be better the 35/31?
    one of my roles is necro/warlock and as far as tree's go i'd go 32/32 in both to grab the 3 sec necro stun and 5 sec warlock silence, you can do whatever with the remaining 2 points

Shadowlander

so should i be speccing throu PB or VB?....should i be stacking deathcalling with PB or Grave Rot ??.... also any links would be appreciated

Shadowlander

"bumped"

+ Reply to Thread