+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lava field needs looking at.

Champion

Default Lava field needs looking at.

The only reason Lava Field is on my hotbar is because it's an AOE, a **** AOE is better than none.

But that's exactly what it is, a **** AOE.
    The cooldown of 1:30 for mediocre damage is ridiculous, the healing bonus when someone's standing in it is so minor is might as well not be there, this spell was designed for chloros, archon is a support soul designed to work with other souls, but with chloro if I have LGV up, it heals the target too, meaning I only ever get 1% more healing.

I'd be fine really if there was no CD, or a CD of 10 or so seconds, but it isn't worth it at all.

Rift Master

Archon in general needs more aoe.

Lava field is definitely a good example of its failing. weak damage, weak buff, absurd cooldown.

Every time I cast volcanic BOMB, I wonder why thats not aoe.
    I'd make rockslide aoe too.

Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post

Lava field is definitely a good example of its failing. weak damage, weak buff, absurd cooldown.

When I first started playing rift in beta, for some reason I believed that both of those spells were AOE until I used them of course. Sometimes I wonder what the guys who designed this stuff were thinking.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post

Yeah it seems harder to make a bomb, and one that is VOLCANIC at that, single target. Don't usually get that type of surgical precision from bombs or volcanos

About the only positive thing I can say about Lava Field is that the graphics are nice....everything else about it seems like the creation of a very tired dev trying to fill a slot at the last second before a deadline.

Kir
    Soulwalker

While it's true that Archon's lack significant AOE capabilities - does that really mean the Archon soul needs more/better AOE?

The role of the Archon is primarily that of enhancing the group / raid through making everyone else involved better; it doesn't necessitate making the Archon soul great at everything DPS related as well.

I love playing as an Archon spec, but I don't feel in the least bit underpowered. Sure, if all you look at are direct log parses, there may appear to be issues; but you're pushing everyone else's DPS up significantly. Does it really matter if your direct DPS is a bit lacking? I think playing an Archon requires looking at things from a different angle; from that angle, Archon does not need more AOE capabilities.

Champion

Ill admit, Lava Field is a terrible AOE, its not the low DPS its the cast time/cooldown that make it all but useless.

However.

Nothing is stopping you from secondary speccing into a soul that offers a better AOE with little SP cost.

+ Reply to Thread