+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need a Chloromancer Master to adopt me as their Student and help tutor me.

Default I need a Chloromancer Master to adopt me as their Student and help tutor me.

I just tried healing for my first time today, and I struggled a bit I think. I am level 33, and I did FC instance with a pick up group. Our tank was a level 30 Justicar.

This is my current build, and please note, I haven't actually looked up a lot about the Chloromancer. I took things I thought were important in healing.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0V0c.xdhuoVczo

I am working towards getting 20 points in Warlock for Crits and the group Endurance buff. The rest of the points are in the Chloro tree for healing. Focus was on getting abilities and improving those abilities, but I don't think I am properly speced after my run.

I buff the main tank with Synthesis (figured that was a no brainer), Since I was the only player in the group with Endurance Buff, I had to cast that on everyone as well.

I tried various methods of targeting, from Target of my Target and keeping the tank targeted at all times, and to Tab Targeting and nuking the enemy with the most health (if I focused on other targets, sometimes they would die before my nuke finished casting, thus no healing for the team). I tried also Tab Targeting and using Withering Vine on all the targets we had pulled, and then spammed Vile Spores, and used Nature's Touch whenever Opportunity proced.

If I was targeting an enemy, usually I could cast Bloom through them to heal the tank, but that didn't always work (sometimes they were targeting a pet and I hadn't noticed). I usually had to use Flourish and Bloom a lot because I couldn't keep up with the healing.

Group heals were usually done by both Bloom and Wild Growth which is what I saved a majority of my Charge power for.

At the beginning of Pulls, I would cast Radiant Spores, but it usually ended up on an enemy that wasn't being focused, and midway through each fight, it became a waste of a GCD to keep it maintained.

I tried other various spells and wasn't sure how effective they were, like Stream of Reclamation, Ruin, and Nature's Fury.

I need some serious advice to help get me on the right path to be a better healer. We made it through the dungeon, but I felt like I struggled every step of the way. I used Living Shell and Sacrifice Life: Mana alot, so mana wasn't terribly hard to keep up, but heals on the tank always seemed to just barely keep up.

Build is ok for that level, get the warlock +20% damage asap.

Also rad spores is never a waste of a GCD.

I like the dot damage buff from chloro paired with the warlock +dot dmg and rad spores is a little extra healing.

Basic rotation is NT, then ruin/VS to fill the NT CD.

If the tank is taking massive damage it can be better to work bloom into the rotation instead of VS.

NT then Bloom is practically a fullheal.

As for targeting I target like a DPS class would, nuking the mob that requires killing first. However when that mob gets low I switch to the next one to maintain HPS over doing that last few % damage to the first mob.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Rift Chaser

This a troll?

You always want to make sure Radiant Spores is on the NPCs you are fighting. Your heals come from your damage spells. Make sure that you have Synthesis on the tank because it will increase the amount of healing the tank will receive from your damage spells. If you are using Bloom for your main heal, you are really doing it wrong.

Rotation is pretty much this.

Radiant Spores (Always refresh this when it is about to fall off the NPC)
    Ruin (I normally don't use this by itself. You will want to cast a Nature's Touch and instantly after that, cast Ruin.)
    Nature's Touch (This is your heavier damage spell, therefore it is your highest healing spell. Use this whenever you think Vile Spores is not getting the job done.)
    Vile Spores (You will be using this the spell the most.)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    Build is ok for that level, get the warlock +20% damage asap.

Also rad spores is never a waste of a GCD.

I like the dot damage buff from chloro paired with the warlock +dot dmg and rad spores is a little extra healing.

Basic rotation is NT, then ruin/VS to fill the NT CD.

If the tank is taking massive damage it can be better to work bloom into the rotation instead of VS.

NT then Bloom is practically a fullheal.

As for targeting I target like a DPS class would, nuking the mob that requires killing first. However when that mob gets low I switch to the next one to maintain HPS over doing that last few % damage to the first mob.
    Bloom is no where near a full heal. It only heals about 1,500 health. I never use Bloom as a "oh ****" heal because Essence Surge is much better. With Essence Surge, it will heal the tank to full even if he is at 1% health.

You never want to use the Warlock DoTs. It's a waste of mana and GCD and the heals that you get from it is not worth it. You're better of using Withering Vines.

Telaran

Default pretty much...

pretty much way i get it is use natures touch every cooldown no reason not to use it, and keep all dots running on enemies its what i do, and always ALWAYS keep radiant spores active you'd be suprised even with the nerf how often it procs with 4-5 guys smashing around on an enemy. at very least keep withering and dark touch active, but depends on situation sometimes getting all dots and keeping them running can be rough but i usually never have any issues.

big thing here is even though natures touch takes .5 seconds longer to cast, it heals for MASSIVE amounts and does better damage and its cooldowns super short so often you can juset cast natures and reapply dots or thats what i do its worked for me so far.

Edit: i realize are alot advocate not using lock dots but, its always worked for me so untill i see it not being beneficial i'll keep using it. Seeing radiant proc 5-10 times in a row do to all dots running is worth it to me.
    Last edited by Lokai; 04-07-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Shadowlander

Your build looks ok, though you may want to drop Call of Spring as it only affects Bloom and Flourish (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one), which are really your 'emergency' heals and hopefully you shouldn't be using them too much. I'd suggest putting 3 points into Nature's Corrosion and build up Accelerated Growth to 5/5 eventually. 5% may not sound like much but extra healing is always good.

Are you only using Nature's Touch on opportunity procs? It's a fairly long cast, but it's your big heal and you should be using it almost all the time, whenever it's off cooldown. Having said that sometimes holding off a few seconds helps, but that's something you learn from experience. Knowing when to cast it becomes fairly intuitive after a while.

Charge should be mostly spent on having Entropic Veil up as often as possible, once you hit 80+ charge or so, as that improves your dmg + thus healing by a fairly large amount. Again Wild Growth is more for emergencies, or when you know the whole group will be taking damage shortly. A good time to use Sac Life: Damage is before / while Wild Growth is up so you can maintain a dmg buff without burning charge.

Try and keep RS up all the time, but obviously don't waste a GC on it if someone's hurt and you need to heal them asap. A good time is usually right after NT finishes casting.

Can't say much about Withering Vines, I never use it. Maybe someone else could explain if it's worth it, I can't.

Im no master but here is how i see it:

I would suggest spending 3 points on Natures Corrosion since its extra life dmg and with Lifegiving Veil its equal to extra heal without effort.

Also the times i play chloro i stick to the target that the tank is attacking and focus on hit except the casual Bloom on a party member just like you. We must not forget that the healing from chloro is mostly done with our dmg so if you cant dmg you are sticked to only heal with Bloom (10 sec cooldown), Flourish ( Aoe, 20 sec cooldown) and Wild Growth (2 min cooldown)

This is mine now at lvl 30: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvRs.xho.xdIkoAczo.o

Going to go full Chloro on this role but im maining an Archon+Chloro+Dominator (some healing and squirel) so i only play chloro when the party asks for it therefor my sugestions are limited at this point.
    Last edited by Metalforall; 04-07-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    (.:= Guild: Dawn of a new Day - Blightweald EU =:.)

C2D E4300 OC at 2,7 Ghz (1,8 default) - 4GB DDR2 - XP64 SP2 - ATI 5770 1GB GDDR5 - PSU 600W OCZ Modxstream-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AlienXXI View Post
    This a troll?
    no...

I seriously speced Healer today simply because the pickup group I was in couldn't find a healer. I've been a Necrolock up to this point, and got the Chloro build for my second role.

I understood the concept. It was the execution that I was having trouble with.

As far as Radiant Spores go, I think I misspoke when I said it was a waste of a GCD. I meant it was more along the lines that I was frantically trying to keep the Tank healed, that I never found time to get it reapplied, that and on trash I wasn't even sure if it was worth putting it on when switching to a new target that was already 50-60% health.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
    Edit: i realize are alot advocate not using lock dots but, its always worked for me so untill i see it not being beneficial i'll keep using it. Seeing radiant proc 5-10 times in a row do to all dots running is worth it to me.
    Thats because warlock dots only heal like 5% out of dmg with LGV and you're wasting GCD with them instead of casting life spells, and the procs you see are heals to you not to your team.

Right now im only casting Withering Vines to pull lots of normal mobs in rifts since i rarely use them in dungeons when i play off-heal role. It seems a spell that is becoming useless the more levels we have.
    Last edited by Metalforall; 04-07-2011 at 05:42 PM.

C2D E4300 OC at 2,7 Ghz (1,8 default) - 4GB DDR2 - XP64 SP2 - ATI 5770 1GB GDDR5 - PSU 600W OCZ Modxstream-Pro

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...huoVcz0o.hMf0M

Full heal & grp support. Its harder to play like the nobrainer chloro/lock coombo but it's more fun & use to do it. You got some nice buffs yoou have to maintain for the grp and yourself butif they all work and are held up your heal will be increased in later game. At this lvl archon is only good for smaller grp buffs and a meh shield but later on it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnaga View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...huoVcz0o.hMf0M

Full heal & grp support. Its harder to play like the nobrainer chloro/lock coombo but it's more fun & use to do it. You got some nice buffs yoou have to maintain for the grp and yourself butif they all work and are held up your heal will be increased in later game. At this lvl archon is only good for smaller grp buffs and a meh shield but later on it's awesome.
    You're missing Wild Growth for full heal.

But Archon is also an excellent choice to pair up with Chloro.

Plane Touched

Guide in my signature. Read it, learn from it, post feedback/theorycraft.

Shield of Telara

Radiant spores is terrible in most 5 man fights since the nerf, especially bosses and single target trash.

Most tanks do 200dps or so. That means over the duration of RS they do 3000 damage on average. RS (with talents) has a 16% chance of proccing, meaning that on average RS is healing less than 500 on the tank. That is terrible. Your 1.5 seconds is better spent casting Withering Vines which heals for more, and does damage.

Where RS is useful:
    Fights with multiple targets where the tank is doing decent AE damage.
    Fights where there is a lot of AE damage on the group to heal.
    When you are moving. <- this imo is by far the most frequent and best use of it.

In general RS doesn't heal for much and does zero damage. I am probably going to remove those talent points next time I change my chloro spec.

Of course this doesn't apply to raids or PvP where RS is still very good.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Radiant spores is terrible in most 5 man fights since the nerf, especially bosses and single target trash.

Most tanks do 200dps or so. That means over the duration of RS they do 3000 damage on average. RS (with talents) has a 16% chance of proccing, meaning that on average RS is healing less than 500 on the tank. That is terrible. Your 1.5 seconds is better spent casting Withering Vines which heals for more, and does damage.

Where RS is useful:
    Fights with multiple targets where the tank is doing decent AE damage.
    Fights where there is a lot of AE damage on the group to heal.
    When you are moving. <- this imo is by far the most frequent and best use of it.

In general RS doesn't heal for much and does zero damage. I am probably going to remove those talent points next time I change my chloro spec.

Of course this doesn't apply to raids or PvP where RS is still very good.
    RS is still fine in 5 mans, I wish people would stop with the misconception that its some gamebreaking nerf to our healing. RS was never designed to do any significant tank healing, its meant to offset the damage that your dps takes from dark armor and incidental aoe. RS is useful in ANY situation you can put it up unless the boss does 0 damage to anyone besides the tank, and only at that point should you not put it up. RS also doesn't generate threat afaik so not only do you get threat free heals, you can apply it before you pull the pack/boss etc and not lose a GCD. Theres really no reason you cant maintain a RS debuff on the mob and WV at the same time, its not like you're really that strapped for GCD's as a chloromancer outside of maybe 2 fights.
    Last edited by Gumdrawp; 04-07-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrawp View Post
    RS is still fine in 5 mans, I wish people would stop with the misconception that its some gamebreaking nerf to our healing. RS was never designed to do any significant tank healing, its meant to offset the damage that your dps takes from dark armor and incidental aoe. RS is useful in ANY situation you can put it up unless the boss does 0 damage to anyone besides the tank, and only at that point should you not put it up.
    That's a false argument. That incidental damage you are talking about is already healed by LGV, so why waste the GCD?

Also I didn't say it's a gamebreaking nerf to our healing. It is a nerf, but it's hardly gamebreaking since we're still easily the best 5 man healer soul in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast