+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necromacer/Pyromancer/Warlock for AoE grinding

Soulwalker

Default Necromacer/Pyromancer/Warlock for AoE grinding

I was thinking of this build just for AoE grinding up to 5 mobs at the time and kill them as fast as possible, and wondering if this would work.

1. cast life leech on every mobs I want to kill, set my pet to "stay" and let them come to me.
    2. cast Necrosis and Dark Touch( DoT spells) on each mobs.
    3. When they are near me, set pet to defensive mode
    4. this is the best part: cast Grave Root and Firestorm to do AoE damage
    5. At this time you would have 100 Charge so when you are out of health cast soul purge and health will fill itself.
    6. cast Grave Root and Firestorm again if the mobs still lives.

What do you guys think? would this method works?

Plane Touched

I think it would work, but would be slow and dangerous. Life leech has a cast time + gcd before you can cast next spell. Each instant also triggers gcd. By the time you have gotten around to individually dotting the mobs, your first casts would be wearing off. I'm no expert on mages - in fact I find playing one at low lvl to be very frustrating - but for this build I think chloro would better benefit you than warlock. Mass radiant spores means you heal off your other AEs, making it more effective IMO. With the amount of aggro you will have - especially after making your pet wait to attack - it will be difficult for your pet to hold mobs off you. I hope it works for you and you let us know if it does, I am dying for a lvling spec that isn't warlock/necro but also doesn't get me killed when I have more than 2 mobs lol.

Soulwalker

Well I am trying this build to see if this will work.

It won't work as well as Grave Rot + Shadows + mortality. With mortality you can pull 10 or more mobs maybe even more depending on your gear.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread