+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I the only one that has issues with ground targeting?

Default Am I the only one that has issues with ground targeting?

It seems as though I have to toggle ground targeting spells several times before I can get them to go off. If you mouse over any other object (hover over NPC, mob, lootables) it prevents the cast.

It would be nice if ground target spells ignored mouse overs so you can get them off 100% of the time.

Soulwalker

You're not the only one.

Soulwalker

Not sure I have the exact same problem but I get a real pain in my *** waiting for the global cooldowns to wear off before just so I can select the item its a severe dos killerbwhen you have to click it 5 times to select it but even then if your too fast the skill doesn't actually activate to the mouse to place it. I'm hoping for a macro instruction so I can cast on Target location.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind1 View Post
    It seems as though I have to toggle ground targeting spells several times before I can get them to go off. If you mouse over any other object (hover over NPC, mob, lootables) it prevents the cast.

It would be nice if ground target spells ignored mouse overs so you can get them off 100% of the time.
    There's also the issue of not getting the reticule during the GCD.

They work 100% of the time if you do it right.

You are likely used to the brief queue allowance for other powers where you can click it before the last one cast. Ground target powers DO NOT do this.

You have to wait for the entire GCD to be up before you ever click the power. It works fine after a power who's cast time is over the GCD but after instant casts you simply have to wait and time it. Typically you may as well wait a full half second after the GCD or else risk waisting more time on a failed click.

I also found that they respond better to keyboard binds better than mouse buttons but that could simply be from my mouse and playstyle.

My biggest annoyance though is that when you click down the target it often looses my target or switches me to another target I happened to click near.
    Last edited by Tamanous; 04-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Telaran

This happens to me a lot, especially in pvp where people are moving around a lot. If you try to click on the ground in between two players and someone moves onto the spot you're clicking, you click them instead of casting the spell. It's really irritating, especially when fractions of a second count.

Ascendant

not to mention you cannot use GTAOE on ice(this means you iron pine peak) because it tries to cast it at the bottom of the ice for god only knows what reason.

Rift Disciple

I get an issue sometimes where my gtaoe will not cast. My character will make a casting animation, and the spell channeling bar will show up, but there is no spell effect and no spell damage. Spell also goes on CD.

I only ever happens when I'm solo farming large pulls on my SC/Chloro. It's devastating and usually results in me dieing.

It is especially frustrating when I am trying to get off 3 ground target AE's back to back.

Backdraft > Buring Ground > Firestorm

If it wasn't hard enough to get off one, try three!!

Plane Touched

Default I will fix this for you

cast @mouseover (insert GTAOE of your choice)

Fixed.

I have to give credit to my chloro lock friend Feydor for this one.

completely fixes the problem

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by razielk View Post
    Not sure I have the exact same problem but I get a real pain in my *** waiting for the global cooldowns to wear off before just so I can select the item its a severe dos killerbwhen you have to click it 5 times to select it but even then if your too fast the skill doesn't actually activate to the mouse to place it. I'm hoping for a macro instruction so I can cast on Target location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    There's also the issue of not getting the reticule during the GCD.
    I mentioned this issue before but there wasn't enough interest for it to gain much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebomb View Post
    cast @mouseover (insert GTAOE of your choice)

Fixed.

I have to give credit to my chloro lock friend Feydor for this one.

completely fixes the problem
    That'll also help with the targeting reticle not popping during the GCD: just use this macro instead and keep banging on the key until the GCD is up and the spell casts.

+ Reply to Thread