+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultimate mage build for dps

Default Ultimate mage build for dps

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xchczuchxo.V0x

warlock to get full dark power + 10% damage (avoiding everything thats nt generally usefull to pryo callling)
    archon + 5% fire damage and restore mana on crit
    Rest in pryo + firreball and flame bolt
    using fire armour +5% fire damage

your thaughts?
    Hmm 0 dps must improve

this is similar to a build i used for a while, and it is great for damage. Neddra's torture is a great addition which i didn't have. currently i am using a crit build (40+% crit chance on fireball) but might need to change things around to pick up Neddra's touch and Neddra's influence(if it works on the burn damage from fireball)

You might get more damage out of Pryo armor but i am not sure how the numbers work with that one.

Sword of Telara

Just go 32/32/3 ele/pyro/archon or something similar. All those points in warlock just for charge increase + 10% damage seems wasted. At least ele gives higher damage and assists your crits from fireball.

Plane Walker

That build will not give you the best dps ^^ I can tell you that from testing... but you should keep in mind that different encounters = different builds being the best dps - besides min/max builds in this game is useless if you look on raids.

The key element is debuff/buffing by alot of different mage souls ^^ in the end it equals up to alot more dps group wise than 5 "mages having the same build+debuff/buff"

My Pyro/ele/dom have higher dps than this build (I tried your build just after patch 1.1) with a few diversions.

stand corrected some nice feedback, so hard to find the 'best build'
    Hmm 0 dps must improve

Quote Originally Posted by Keevi View Post
    stand corrected some nice feedback, so hard to find the 'best build'
    Not withstanding min max, I'd say the best build (that is mathmatically sound) is the one you're best AT. Rotation and timing can make a world of difference. Check the end game threads and the 1.1 DPS threads. Good stuff in there.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Keevi View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xchczuchxo.V0x

warlock to get full dark power + 10% damage (avoiding everything thats nt generally usefull to pryo callling)
    archon + 5% fire damage and restore mana on crit
    Rest in pryo + firreball and flame bolt
    using fire armour +5% fire damage

your thaughts?
    If you really are so concerned about the 10% damage, you could dump your warlock points into pyro, because of burning bright, you will get more than +10% just from having more points in pyro.

Archon... same as above, you also don't really need mana on crit, just put these points into pyro and leave 10 points into warlock for sacrifice life/mana.

With the extra points in pyro, not only are you making up the damage but you are also getting burning bonds, backdraft, fiery concentration, fiery resolve, and more importantly, GoS and fulminate, and lockdown. You are also getting a good pyromancers armor as well for some more cinderbursts.

Sorry, but everything you are trying to accomplish can be accomplished by putting more points into pyro and leaving a few in warlock.

51 point pyro is actually decent in raids, good burst and GoS saved by butt on greenscale 2nd boss fears a few times

wasnt doing as much dps as the pyro/ele's though
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 04-08-2011 at 05:38 AM.

32 ele 34 sc is currently the highest raid damage single target, also not bad in pvp. Since it relys on a lot of instant cast cloudburst it's also very good on the encounters that require a lot of movement.
    Sennheiser, Assist, Xarnthal, Thage, Ingabal
    Seastone Guardian

Ascendant

those 5 extra points in archon are only netting you mana efficiency, you could get that from just sac life:mana anyways, they are better spent in one of the other two trees.

you would get another 10% damage(5% more compared to fire armor) with improved warlock armor(which would also buff your neddras influence even more for dark touch and searing vitality)

and the point in flicker might as well be in improved smoldering power so you can use it in combat, though that doesnt matter a whole lot since IC is usually where the charge goes.

you also might consider(if you want to stay archon) spending one extra point for leeching flames, im actually curious to see how that performs with neddras influence and better gear(i last used it in the 40s when i was still kinda mashing together a random spec during the level rush)

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Just go 32/32/3 ele/pyro/archon or something similar. All those points in warlock just for charge increase + 10% damage seems wasted. At least ele gives higher damage and assists your crits from fireball.

Can you throw out a link to this build pls?
    Einstein's definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Take note Trion and deliver meaningful RVR.

Plane Touched

Sadly I've yet to find a pyro build that is really "viable" for raiding, part of the problem with going pyro is that you have to waste GCD's relaying your circle coupled with the fact that you have 10% less health. Although if you can plant your feet and plan on taking 0 damage you can stay competitive to most other mage specs with an Ele/pyro or pyro/lock build.

+ Reply to Thread