+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Storm Bug

Rift Disciple

Wink Lightning Storm Bug

I can not reproduce this bug on target dummies but it happens quite frequently on mobs...

The Effect (or lack thereof):
    When casting Lightning Storm, I always follow up with Lightning Field.

What I've noticed is that, while the UI shows the correct amount of stacks as well as the correct time left before the stacks fall off, Lightning Field does not work past the second or third cast (depending on if I clip the end of the Lightning Storm channel or not).

Of course, Lightning Field does absolutely nothing without the target being Electrified...

This means that you can not rely on the UI to tell you whether a target is electrified or not. Additionally, this effects all the mobs with the AoE. e.g. if I select a different target, the UI shows they are electrified however Lightning Field has no effect.

Anyone else experiencing this?!

Rift Disciple

The UI hasn't been right for electrified since they introduced the "Class Mechanic" indicators.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg View Post
    The UI hasn't been right for electrified since they introduced the "Class Mechanic" indicators.
    According to the tooltip however the electrify should last 15s... it's almost like subsequent lightning strikes from the storm don't refresh the electrify timer... don't quote me on that though because that's a random, unsubstantiated guess, hahaha.

Soulwalker

I have the same problem but it is easily overcome with Forked Lightning

Rift Disciple

I think you're missing what I mean.

Lightning Field isn't supposed to work the fourth time. Not working is the correct behavior. It's the UI showing the electrify that isn't there that is broken.

When Lightning Field AoEs it removes a stack of Electrify each cast. So 3 uses will zero out any Electrify, regardless of the 15s timer or not.

Plane Touched

Rather than tracking stacks, Lightning Field should simply be greyed out when your current target isn't electrified.

Sounds like you have charged field to me

If theres an AoE pull of 4 mobs or more and you Lightning Storm when you Lightning Field mobs wont have any electrified left.

AoE rotation for me is as follows

Hailstorm
    Lightning Storm
    Lightning Field
    Forked Lightning x #mobs - 1
    Lightning Field loop back to FL

That means if theres 2 mobs after an initial 3 stacks of Electrified you rotate 1 FL/1 LF, 3 mobs 2 FL/1 LF, 4+ mobs 3 FL/1 LF

it amazes me that some people still dont understand Charged Field. I had a mage in my group the other day tell me he didnt take it because it "lowered his dps" LOLOL

Rift Disciple

Ok, so here's what's confusing to me... why is it that when I use Raging Storm, I can continue to LF the target for 15s? It doesn't actually consume any electrified stacks...

Additionally, I think the combination of LF not consuming stacks + the broken UI to represent what's actually on the target would definitely contribute to so much confusion as to how Charged Field works ;)
    Last edited by Mortis Mortavius; 04-07-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

Or is it that Charged Field only consumes charges of electrify for peripheral enemies damaged and when you have three mobs and cast Lightning Field because all three mobs then damage the surrounding mobs, this removes a stack from your target as well?

So it's not the cast of LF that consumes the electrify but the surrounding enemies damaged that removes the electrify... so no electrify stack is removed when it's a single target or when only that mob you are targeting is electrified...

Either way the UI needs some fixin!
    Last edited by Mortis Mortavius; 04-07-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: either way

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    That means if theres 2 mobs after an initial 3 stacks of Electrified you rotate 1 FL/1 LF, 3 mobs 2 FL/1 LF, 4+ mobs 3 FL/1 LF

it amazes me that some people still dont understand Charged Field. I had a mage in my group the other day tell me he didnt take it because it "lowered his dps" LOLOL
    Awesome this would, indeed, be the absolute most efficient dps rotation. Now that I understand the consumption of charges (borked UI was throwing me off) I arrived to the same conclusion. Thank you for this post... will definitely give me a bump in dps on zi trash

Champion

you realize it explains this in the tooltip right?

if theres no enemies nearby the target, theres no one to chain the charged effect too.

just need to keep track when your aoeing, build up stacks, use LF 3x, then build more stacks
    Last edited by Shieldy; 04-07-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

LF won't always work 3 times, with 4 mobs it's possible to remove all electrified with 1 LF (bounce from 3 mobs == 3 electrified gone). Though you'll still get off at least the 2nd LF before the bouncing completes.

However, this is irrelevant to the issue at hand, which is bugged display of electrified bugs. It only removes stacks from the counter when it runs out of time, not when a stack is removed by abilities/procs.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Mortavius View Post
    Or is it that Charged Field only consumes charges of electrify for peripheral enemies damaged and when you have three mobs and cast Lightning Field because all three mobs then damage the surrounding mobs, this removes a stack from your target as well?

So it's not the cast of LF that consumes the electrify but the surrounding enemies damaged that removes the electrify... so no electrify stack is removed when it's a single target or when only that mob you are targeting is electrified...
    !
    This is correct. Lightning field itself does not remove stacks, only the incidental damage. You can test this yourself by electrifying a single mob and spam lightning field.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    I'm one of those people who still don't get how Charged Field works. Anyone out there care to explain? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast