+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can I tell what spells are "Archon auras"?

Soulwalker

Default How can I tell what spells are "Archon auras"?

I'm trying to figure what spells are Archon Auras >.>; There's nothing in the tool tips labeling any of its spells as such. :\

So if anyone could provide an answer I would be greatly appreciative ><

Rift Chaser

I asked this very question not long ago. It's a serious tooltip problem I can't believe made it through beta.

I was told your auras are the buff spells that take a bit of X from you, and give X to your allies. I think they're all 5 minutes in duration.

Which isn't even an "aura" in the traditional gaming sense. An aura is normally an ability that is always on you.

I think it means all those 5 minute "reduce your stat X to boost the same stat for the group" buffs, but I could be wrong.

Soulwalker

Ok thanks a lot :] Yah it is a serious tooltip problem. I was mostly wondering because they have the talents that give you bonuses to how many Auras you have on.

Thanks a lot XD

Quote Originally Posted by keiren View Post
    I think it means all those 5 minute "reduce your stat X to boost the same stat for the group" buffs, but I could be wrong.
    Yes and there are 5 of them: Shared Vigor (4 points), Tempered Armor (10 points), Vitality of Stone (20 points), Arcane Aegis (26 points) and Burning Purpose, the 51 point ability.

Champion

i assume its the up to 5, 5 min ones such as tempered armor yadda yadda BUT why wouldnt it include ashen defence or crumbling resistances. what makes those any different other than they dont directly affect other players.

how about volcanic bomb or earthen barrage, they seem like auras to me, they affect other players directly dont they. do they count?

theres nothing that says aura in it anywhere and it would be nice if they included that in the tooltips of the specific ones it affects.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldy View Post
    iow about volcanic bomb or earthen barrage, they seem like auras to me, they affect other players directly dont they. do they count?

theres nothing that says aura in it anywhere and it would be nice if they included that in the tooltips of the specific ones it affects.
    If it doesn't hurt you in some way, it isn't an aura. It's a risk vs. reward thing: by hurting yourself you get mana reductions, improved cast speed and extra dps (Altruist, Speed in Numbers, Power in Numbers)...or not if you don't use your auras and don't hurt yourself... your choice. Everything else in the Archon tree is either a buff, debuff or damage+ one of those.
    Last edited by Iselin; 04-07-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Champion

yeah i understand, like i was saying i just wish it was more clear in the tooltips for the auras. something simple like starting each one with "places an aura on the mage that..."
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by AwefulWaffle View Post
    I'm trying to figure what spells are Archon Auras >.>; There's nothing in the tool tips labeling any of its spells as such. :\

So if anyone could provide an answer I would be greatly appreciative ><
    If it has a 5 min timer on the archon himself, it's an aura. Tempered Armor, Shared Vigor, Vitality of Stone, Arcane Aegis and Burning Purpose.
    Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?

+ Reply to Thread