+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock/Necro PvE spec

Soulwalker

Default Warlock/Necro PvE spec

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...cVxz.xtcuV0kus

I designed this with the intent of maximum raiding dps. Currently I believe void bolt with the decreased casting time is a superior filler to soul purge. Comments?

A few questions I pose to the community:

Can channeled spells crit?
    Can dots ticks crit?
    How does both soul purge and void bolt scale when it comes to the BEST pve gear available?

Can channeled spells crit? Yes (acting like ticks)
    Can dots ticks crit? Yes
    How does both soul purge and void bolt scale when it comes to the BEST pve gear available? You means the spell coefficient ?

Edit : put back those +2% crits pts and remove a symbiote pt to get soul purge. No need not having it at all.
    Last edited by Drexlorn; 04-07-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maudit View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...cVxz.xtcuV0kus

I designed this with the intent of maximum raiding dps. Currently I believe void bolt with the decreased casting time is a superior filler to soul purge. Comments?

A few questions I pose to the community:

Can channeled spells crit?
    Can dots ticks crit?
    How does both soul purge and void bolt scale when it comes to the BEST pve gear available?
    I use VB over Soul Purge in boss fights, but I don't know which is better.

Channeled spells and dot ticks can crit. I will be interested to see other people's comments on this thread as well.

Hmm, to be blunt, that spec is horrid. I would recommend
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o0s.ecMh0VVx.m

Raid buffed and good gear you can push around 900 dps single target, it has good aoe as well. 5mans the dps is usually ~750 iirc. I play more chloro than dps though in 5mans.

With the change to Empty the Crypts, it CAN be a pretty small but steady dps increase as well.

edit: soul purge is higher dps than void bolt, fyi
    Last edited by Playerone; 04-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    Aion- Zikel- Uprising
    WAR- Praag- Havoc / Dark Crag- All or Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    Killing members of PL = PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Playerone View Post
    Hmm, to be blunt, that spec is horrid. I would recommend
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o0s.ecMh0VVx.m

Raid buffed and good gear you can push around 900 dps single target, it has good aoe as well. 5mans the dps is usually ~750 iirc. I play more chloro than dps though in 5mans.

With the change to Empty the Crypts, it CAN be a pretty small but steady dps increase as well.

edit: soul purge is higher dps than void bolt, fyi
    Without opportunity you will lose dps on all fights that require you to be mobile, you simply can't afford to stand sit and freecast all the time. Also, what is the reasoning behind not having neddras grasp? I believe it is a dps increase in single targets.
    Last edited by MrGrimm999; 04-07-2011 at 09:51 AM.

General of Telara

soul purge is better. I crit for 1000 on my vb and 650 on my purge. By the time i cast a voidbolt i did two tick of SP. SP can give a healer breathing time if you took damage and it consume 0 mana. Just reapply dots after and keep soul purging. If you got magical affinity, youll be able to soulpurge youre *** out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
    Without opportunity you will lose dps on all fights that require you to be mobile, you simply can't afford to stand sit and freecast all the time. Also, what is the reasoning behind not having neddras grasp? I believe it is a dps increase in single targets.
    You do not need opportunity in that spec, nearly everything is instant cast, and a good portion of your dps comes from your pet. Mobility is actually one of the huge bonuses of this spec. Kind of hard to parse neddras grasp on dummies, but I haven't been able to see a dps increase from using it in my rotation, losing time on soul purge or even void bolts.
    Aion- Zikel- Uprising
    WAR- Praag- Havoc / Dark Crag- All or Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    Killing members of PL = PVE

Rift Chaser

I think not having a single point in your third soul is very ignorant and dumb on your part.

Rift Disciple

There are so many different minor variations of Necrolock I would just recommend playing what suits your style best. While Soul purge does do very nice damage it can be more difficult to charge dump on fights with a lot of movement(Konstantin, Emberlord, Twyl, etc). I've personally been trying out more of a DOT focused spec(http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Vzk0c.eeRhzVVx). Defile is a nice way to consistently keep charge going down while being able to build it and this spec does excellent on high movement fights as the bulk of your damage is coming from your pet and DOTs. On that note because your charge decays so slowly by comparison you can still use Soul Purge to dump excess charge on low movement fights or in pinches to give the healer some breathing room. You obviously wouldn't want to let Soul Purge completely bottom out your charge though because it would throw your DOT timers off kilter significantly. However, even with that as someone stated earlier 2 Soul Purge ticks are > 1 Void Bolt most of the time so if you try to Soul Purge with this spec you wanna shoot for about 4 ticks so the damage is worth it and you don't lose to much charge and not have enough time to build before Defile falls off. I can post some parses later on a couple different fights if requested but I usually pull between 500-700 depending on the fight(mostly if the boss rapes my pet or not since Zealot is close to 200dps). Overall though you should do the play style that you feel most comfortable with because all the variations of this spec are fairly close DPS wise.

EDIT: I switch the 3rd tree around based on the situation(Dom for CC/Archon for long fights for PS/SV buffs)
    Last edited by Nirrado; 04-07-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueacid View Post
    I think not having a single point in your third soul is very ignorant and dumb on your part.
    Im my opinion, insulting doesn't make discussions progress in any way. Say you disagree and post your suggestions. Everyone will gain more knowledge and help build a strong mage community.

Thank you.

P.S. I often use a 0 pt build because i need all the 66 points in important talents. In fact it happens pretty often with a lot of players. (zero dominator for squirrel, zero chloro for radiant spores, zero archon for the 2 buffs)

+ Reply to Thread