+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ground Targeting Bugged?

Default Ground Targeting Bugged?

Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with Ground Targeting requiring you to spam the ability before the targeting circle will show? For example, Grave Rot. I have to hit the ability key several times before I get the actual target circle. It gets rather annoying and causes me to lose out on some time while waiting for it to decide to show up so I can place it.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gnume View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with Ground Targeting requiring you to spam the ability before the targeting circle will show? For example, Grave Rot. I have to hit the ability key several times before I get the actual target circle. It gets rather annoying and causes me to lose out on some time while waiting for it to decide to show up so I can place it.
    This happen everywhere or did you just notice it in a specific location? Was helping a buddy lastnight level in IP and when on the frozen lake my AoE targeting was missing, yet it would fire off. When this occured the mobs would NOT get damaged. I was unable to reproduce this, tho. The only thing I could think of is the ground target was "under" the ground and resulted in my not seeing the targeting as well as the AoE causing 0 damage. My theory, anyway. From level 1 to 50, lastnight is the only time I've ever seen this happen.

Plane Touched

i had this happen with Grave Rot a lot last night. I was solo leveling in Droughtlands and sometimes had to hit Grave Rot 4 times to get it to work.

I thought it was me not pressing keybinds hard enough to register now i wonder...

Ascendant

Are you casting grave rot from the actual ability or in a macro?

Plane Touched

All my ground abilities do that. Every time.. I have yet to really identify if it's latency, CPU overload, or because of the 1.5 GDC I am to fast on the trigger. I think the later is probably the case.

But I have noticed if It does happen, clicking will sometimes trigger the spell.
    Last edited by Firieth; 04-07-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Plane Touched

I'm just casting the ability, no macros set up at all.

I get this a lot. One thing I noticed is that they will not activate in the last .5 seconds of the GCD like other spells do. You have to wait for the GCD to finish.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

My guess is the GCD, happened to me a lot. Too long for my taste. Make a test and wait until the flash stops, hit the key and take your time. That's how i fixed this, taking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    I get this a lot. One thing I noticed is that they will not activate in the last .5 seconds of the GCD like other spells do. You have to wait for the GCD to finish.
    Circle of Oblivion from Inquisitor has this behavior as well. While some things can be queued up during the GCD, the ground targets don't seem to play nice.

Sort of unrelated, but is it just me, or do you sometimes have a hard time getting another spell to start casting after using an off-the-GCD instant cast?
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    Are you casting grave rot from the actual ability or in a macro?
    Casting from the ability hotkey...not using it in a Macro. I have it on #4 key so I hit 4 to cast it. I find I have to keep hitting 4 to get it to eventually to pop up. This is even after I make sure the previous ability has finished its GCD.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Circle of Oblivion from Inquisitor has this behavior as well. While some things can be queued up during the GCD, the ground targets don't seem to play nice.

Sort of unrelated, but is it just me, or do you sometimes have a hard time getting another spell to start casting after using an off-the-GCD instant cast?
    I experience the same thing with Circle of Oblivion. It's really frustrating when you have to click multiple times and lose a second or two of dps.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post

I play mage, and I'm not fond of Pyro, so I don't usually use off GCD spells.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by trajika View Post
    This happen everywhere or did you just notice it in a specific location? Was helping a buddy lastnight level in IP and when on the frozen lake my AoE targeting was missing, yet it would fire off. When this occured the mobs would NOT get damaged. I was unable to reproduce this, tho. The only thing I could think of is the ground target was "under" the ground and resulted in my not seeing the targeting as well as the AoE causing 0 damage. My theory, anyway. From level 1 to 50, lastnight is the only time I've ever seen this happen.
    Actually this happened to me as well, on the Frozen Lake in Iron Peaks. The targeting circle was actually way off the screen relative to the actual mouse cursor. If I wanted to use Grave Rot on the mobs on me I had to move my mouse cursor below the skill bars (lol).

Must be an issue with the geometry boundaries on that area.

This happens constantly...Grave Rot on my necro, any of the various bombs on my sab, and even the ground target used to capture those purple plumes for the River of Souls event. I doubt it's the GCD... it doesn't affect other skills/spells that do not use the ground targeting reticle, and I've also got the skill queue set to full in my settings menu, so I can line up and fire off my abilities in succession.

I'd suspect it has to do with keyboard polling myself. In a previous thread that addressed some of this behavior (another symptom was having NPC's and objects auto-open when you roll up on them), there seemed to be something going on with certain gaming keyboards and/or mouse combos. I'm using a Logitech G510 KB, and a Razer Naga mouse. I have a friend who also has the Naga, but isn't using a gaming KB (he does use a game pad however) and he doesn't appear to have any of those problems.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

It is the gcd as those abilities(grave rot, devouring shadows, ect) cannot be queued up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast