+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Pyro/Necro a feasible build?

Default Is Pyro/Necro a feasible build?

I quite fancy trying out pyro but i would hate to give up my necro pets. Just wondered if this was a reasonable combination or would it be a big mistake. This is for pve only.

Soulwalker

I'm a total noob but I started a Pyro and went Elementalist and it gets a pet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx74 View Post
    I'm a total noob but I started a Pyro and went Elementalist and it gets a pet as well.
    No I know thats the right thing to do but I'm less sensible than you and I'm very attached to my skele (from which you may deduce I'm not the kind of person whose mostly worried about her dps) I just fancy setting things on fire and I so rarely get to do that in real life.
    Last edited by Tavia; 04-07-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Ascendant

The only benefits you would get out of Pyro are the personal shield, the instant root, the abilty to break out of CC and AOEs. There is absolutely no synergy between the Pyro and the Necro. You would honestly benefit more from Pyro/Warlock, Pyro/Ele or Warlock/Necro.

That said, you'll have a lot of dot damage to add to Pyro's direct burst dmg.

If you really want a pet build that synergizes well with pyro, then elementalist is the way to go. You 'could' hammer necro in instead, but your buffs won't play off eachother at all. You'd be supporting your pet with debuffs and whatnot through necro half the time, and trying to squeeze in the occasional fire spell from pyro the other half. Since necro is death damage, and pyro is elemental damage, the two just don't mesh well. It's possible, but necromentalist (lol@myowncleverness.com.notreally.org) would be sub par by comparrison.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

That makes sense, I think I'll stick to my NecroLock then. Maybe zero points in pyro so so i can use Flame Bolt for fun (good for squirrel killing)

Thank you
    Last edited by Tavia; 04-07-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Plane Touched

0arch/44nec/22pyro

Thats my build, works extremely well and is fun.

+ Reply to Thread