+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a good build for Chloromancer looking to heal.

Smile What is a good build for Chloromancer looking to heal.

I'm building a new mage with a friend and I want to play Chloromancer cause I hear there good heals what is the healing build look though and maybe ome macros I can make.
    Thank you
    -M-
    -M-

Telaran

Depends,
    Is it just you and your friend?
    What class is he/she?
    Chloro/Archon or Chloro/Lock is probably what you'll want to spec.
    ~Forgotten Heroes~

Quote Originally Posted by ajnodanna View Post
    I'm building a new mage with a friend and I want to play Chloromancer cause I hear there good heals what is the healing build look though and maybe ome macros I can make.
    Thank you
    -M-
    Use the search feature, this is prob. the most ask question in the mage forums.......
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Thank you for that very helpful post Kanabull. Maybe he would like his questions addressed personally rather than looking through the forum for an answer?
    Anyways, Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon is very VERY nice for healing. Archon being a sub-soul for Pillaging Stone which is basically 40 (I believe) extra intelligence if you keep it up, 5 stacks. You want Warlock for the damage buffs from Warlock Armor and the one under it. 20% more damage = 20% more healing, which is better than "OH $#!*" spells deeper into Chloromancer.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vck0M.xxou0VVx
    This is the build I am using currently. It is very VERY useful for 5 mans, and is built more off of dealing damage rather than using DH spells. I'm sure there are better specs but I have found this one to suffice for right now.
    Note: I don't know if Neddra's Influence effects the damage and thus the healing of your Vile Spores and Ruin abilities dealing damage over time. I imagine it does, which is why I took it.
    Basically be sure to keep Radiant Spores up. This won't affect a single target when you are specced into Phytogensis. Remember to keep Warlock Armor up, so your damage and thus healing is increased by 10% it stacks with LGV.
    P.S.: Neddra's Torture was taken because, if the target takes 3% more damage from spells (which also is effected by everyone else in your party's damage) you get 3% more healing done from LGV.
    Spindrifter Pyro/Warlock/Archon on Freeholme

Plane Touched

This is the build I use for AEO grinding and Elite mob soloing.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....xtczmzo.Vdhuo

I'd start by going directly to Soul purge in the Necro tree and pick up the lock 25% + charge. This gives you a pet and the best spell in the game, soul purge.

Then, if your intent is specific to leveling with your friend, I'd go right up the Chloro tree with the 16 points. This gives you the basis for all your primary skills to heal and do damage by providing Synthesis to your friend being the tank.

Then up the lock tree to begin increasing your damage and healing output.

Alternatively you can forgo the Lock tree altogether if you want a stronger support role and use Archon instead. I guess it might look like

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...xtczmzo.Vdhuoz

but you loose a bit of solo-ability and AOE damage so I'd stick with the Lock tree as it is probably best suited for the two of you.

finally, none of these are any good for healing anything more than your buddy when he AOE pulls. You will want a more specific role for healing instances if you choose that route or a more specific roll for DPSing in an instance.

This is my spec for healing 5 mans. It as Chloro/Archon

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kMz.EdIuoVcz0o
    Last edited by Firieth; 04-07-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DollaDollaBillYall View Post
    Thank you for that very helpful post Kanabull. Maybe he would like his questions addressed personally rather than looking through the forum for an answer?
    No Problem, glad i could be some help. We all know how hard it is to search for something. And how equally hard it would be to find since its such a specific question that no one has ever thought of or answered.

0/10
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

My personal preference is 51 chloro then lock it up for the rest.

People tell me I am ******ed for using this spec but I solo heal t2's no problem and crush healing in raids while doing 450 dps.

Wink thank you all.

Thenk you all for your help I see I got lot of things to try out and test before I deside my end build.
    -M-

Rift Master

I went chloro/archon for the longest time. thought it was great. and was pretty fun early.

As I leveled I was less impressed. Spent way too much time trying to cycle buffs.

And recently tried a lock/chloro build.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....EdIzq0czoo.xz
    My build has 6 in necro for purge. a very useful skill in t2 experts. But you can drop that and get some of the def tools in lock, or a bit more +damage on lock armor.

Night and day. lock/chloro is straight up overpowered. Opportunity is way way too strong for chloro.
    Instant natures touchs, natures fury, instant rez. My dps/hps went up a good 30% switching.

Rift Disciple

I was necro/chloro until 50 and healed instances just fine including ap/cc as well as adding in zealot dps. I still recommend it for leveling. I switched to chloro/lock for experts+ but I might revisit necro/chloro and see how it does again because it makes elite soloing easier.

+ Reply to Thread